Author Topic: New U2 album in June 2010  (Read 78588 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
New U2 album in June 2010
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »

Enjoy this piece of new forum friends  ;D!!!  It is fresh off of our atu2 twitter page and also on our main site!

Independent: U2 talking about releasing new album by June You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline achtunged333

• Babyface
Re: New U2 album in June 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:27:32 PM »
Yay !!!!!!  June  - a new album ; can't wait for it .. I hope its like their zooropa .. more experimental , more daring and less contrived compared to NLOTH.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 11:29:42 PM »
Presumably U2 will work some new songs into the set on the forthcoming legs of the tour.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:33:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yay !!!!!!  June  - a new album ; can't wait for it .. I hope its like their zooropa .. more experimental , more daring and less contrived compared to NLOTH.

OMG, the criticism has started already ;D

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »
Yes! YES! YES!

8)

Offline achtunged333

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 11:46:25 PM »
Sorry did not mean to criticize.. lets rephrase..   Just don''t want songs like  BOOTS and I'll go crazy... need some breathtaking songs like  moment of surrender  and more experimentation overall

5 months to wait , sh** !                                                                                             

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »
WWWWOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline The Exile

• Elevated
  • WWW.DRUNK EXPASTORS.COM
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »

I am really excited about this. I have felt since the second leg ended that if the band doesn't use this long break to get a new album out, then we'll be lookng at another 3-5 years. Glad to see they've been using their time wisely.

Still, I couldn't help but notice that it wasn't Bono or Paul who "promised a new album by June," but it was merely an inference of the journalist. As sceptical as I can be about U2, though, I actually believe them this time.

The next six months will be exciting and excruciating....

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

as any 6 month period in U2 world

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »
1) WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am SO EXCITED! And so very, very, VERY glad that it looks like the band have said "To Hell with it" and will just release SoA!

2) WHY, WHY, WHY are they releasing a new album and then ignoring the UK and Ireland in touring with it?  :'(

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 04:03:38 AM »
2) WHY, WHY, WHY are they releasing a new album and then ignoring the UK and Ireland in touring with it?  :'(
Meh.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 05:47:33 AM »

Enjoy this piece of new forum friends  ;D!!!  It is fresh off of our atu2 twitter page and also on our main site!

Independent: U2 talking about releasing new album by June You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hopefully it'll be better than the fodder of this last decade. I'll still buy it but I hope the failing of No Line give them something to work with. So no easy way out this time but really dig deep. No safe cop out or watering down your Lyrics Bono. But Dig deep and go all the way. And No more dumb and weak lyrics like Boots and that tripe.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 05:59:34 AM »

I am really excited about this. I have felt since the second leg ended that if the band doesn't use this long break to get a new album out, then we'll be lookng at another 3-5 years. Glad to see they've been using their time wisely.

Still, I couldn't help but notice that it wasn't Bono or Paul who "promised a new album by June," but it was merely an inference of the journalist. As sceptical as I can be about U2, though, I actually believe them this time.

Waiting and hardly playing for year before starting to work on and album is never good. In the 80's U2 played al lot of concert in-between records. So they really grew better and better but by the end of the 90's Bono was more busy with other stuff and the music really started to suffer.
the Beatles were pretty focus from the moment they started out, went to Hamburg, were they played 8 hours every night in a club for two years, came back made, played and played, stayed focused and played and created some of the best rock music ever between 63 and 1970. U2 nowadays would've only produced one and a halve mediocre albums. Which is just sad.

So maybe since they've been on tour and immediately go to work in the studio (and boys please listen to Eno and really go freaky on our asses this time) and since they don't need to warm up, and since Horizon send them the (we expected more from you) message Songs of Ascent might turn out to really be their most interesting record in 13 years

or maybe not.

Offline homing_pidgeon

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »

Great news!

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »

Waiting and hardly playing for year before starting to work on and album is never good. In the 80's U2 played al lot of concert in-between records. So they really grew better and better but by the end of the 90's Bono was more busy with other stuff and the music really started to suffer.
the Beatles were pretty focus from the moment they started out, went to Hamburg, were they played 8 hours every night in a club for two years, came back made, played and played, stayed focused and played and created some of the best rock music ever between 63 and 1970. U2 nowadays would've only produced one and a halve mediocre albums. Which is just sad.

So maybe since they've been on tour and immediately go to work in the studio (and boys please listen to Eno and really go freaky on our asses this time) and since they don't need to warm up, and since Horizon send them the (we expected more from you) message Songs of Ascent might turn out to really be their most interesting record in 13 years

or maybe not.

Yeah, i agree - since they've been playing recently, and have already made an album recently, they're probably in a good mindset not only to make music, but to make something new and experimental... plus, seeing as No Line kind of flopped, they might try a different approach to making songs (as in not trying to make another 'vertigo' or 'boots'), so i'm actually glad NLOTH - and the singles in particular - failed  :P