Author Topic: Calgary - Elevation U2 Tribute - March 12/13, 2010  (Read 5011 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: Calgary - Elevation U2 Tribute - March 12/13, 2010
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
Next weekend.... WOOT!

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
OMG I am so excited!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »
Have fun, you two! (Tries to stifle feelings of intense jealousy.) Let us know how it goes!  Do you think they'll let you post from jail?

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »
This was SUPER AWESOME.  What a  8) weekend...

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This was SUPER AWESOME.  What a  8) weekend...

It was so awesome.  Lots of Uber U2 fans came out, and the band was well prepped for them.  Seems like everywhere I go I meet people who were at the Vegas show, like me, and they were rocking, it made the night so awesome to have us all there dancing and singing at the top of our lungs and let loose! 

It was like going to a concert but getting 3 sets of 15 songs.  I was loving it...and totally loving the amount of work the band must put into it.  They are very good!  It was all in the details--they had a Vox amp for THe Edge.  The Bono had an Irish Falcon fashioned after Bono's--The band members are all super nice...and really pull off a great tribute.  Loved Running to Standstill right into Streets!  And Lady With the Spinning Head was awesome to hear live.  But my fav moment was One Tree Hill...just to get to hear it live...it was something special.
They did Discoteque which rocked and UTEOTW they came out on the sides and did the whole bull fight thing in the audience...The Faux Bono intro'd the band just like in the Slane DVD.  They played the version of Bad from R&H and sang Ruby Tuesday After.  you know...All the little details...all the snippets that were from this tour were included in the songs...Stand By Me was also snippeted. 

I was impressed and OMG did I giggle and giggle with Edgefest--we had a blast.  It was just what I needed to get me through the next 3 months of waiting for the real thing!!!
Here are some photos I took in the dark club...
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"The Edge" A super guy named Kevin had all the details down...from the amp right down to the shoes--and he sang Van Diemans Land.  We loved him.

Hope you will check this band out when they come to your town!  Totally will blow you away..

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
I don't drive 7 hours for just any tribute band  ;D

It was TONS of fun, I definitely had as much fun this weekend as I did seeing the real thing, it was almost even better (but of course only ALMOST). 

I have some pics too which I will post in a little bit when I can get home on Facebook (at work right now).

I really wish I had videoed the bullfight in the middle of the bar, it was so awesome.

They really do a kickass tribute, they do all the 'little things' that the hardcores like us recognize.  They don't just do Discotheque, they do the Pop version - and as Heather mentioned, the snippets.

They were also really awesome because I basically made quite a bit of the setlist by request - especially VDL which was EPIC!

And get this - I wanted to video Van Diemen's Land but I was filming and only afterward realized I had run out of space because I had too many videos of REAL U2 on my video camera - oh, the irony :P

More later!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »

My kickass custom Joshua Tree rhinestone job and JTEH ;)

Playing "40" - Kevin/Mick even switched guitars - love it.

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
Awesome photos!  Van Diemen's Land was EPIC!  Although I am sad you didn't catch that on video I am glad I got to share that with you EF!  That was a moment for sure.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 09:59:11 AM »
Awesome photos!  Van Diemen's Land was EPIC!  Although I am sad you didn't catch that on video I am glad I got to share that with you EF!  That was a moment for sure.

Yeah... there was definitely much "awww"ing going on... :P

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Loving your avatar EF!  ;P

OH MY GOD!  I kid you not SBS JUST came on Sonic...on the radio station I am listening to right now!

*cue the twilight zone music*

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »
Loving your avatar EF!  ;P

OH MY GOD!  I kid you not SBS JUST came on Sonic...on the radio station I am listening to right now!

*cue the twilight zone music*

**thinks about where her fingers go**
 ;D ;D ;D