Author Topic: Did Bono have an affair with Andrea Corr or Penelope Cruz?  (Read 90484 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Did Bono have an affair with Andrea Corr or Penelope Cruz?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »
I always thought of Andrea Corr as the type of woman Bono would go for if he were a bachelor. But he isn't and I don't believe he would have an affair.  It's clear Bono enjoys having many interesting and yes often beautiful women as consorts in the social sense and no doubt has many female friends from Winona Ryder, Christy Turlington, Andrea Corr, Beyonce, to the late Susie Buffett.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:28 AM »
I knew this was gonna be a good one when I read the thread title.  People get so defensive of the object of their admiration.

The bottom line is this.  Unless you were the one having the affair or if B himself admitted it to you or if you actually saw them kiss/have sex/whatever, NONE OF US WILL EVER KNOW!

You can say - he's a rock star and has all kinds of free time and women throwing themseleves at him and beautiful women to hang out with - OF COURSE HE'S HAD AFFAIRS!

Or you can say - Bono is a very affectionate man but a very genuine man with good morals and a beautiful wife - OF COURSE HE'D NEVER HAVE AN AFFAIR!

But we'll never know now, will we.

Unless of course, he pulls a Tiger Woods.   ::)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I knew this was gonna be a good one when I read the thread title.  People get so defensive of the object of their admiration.

The bottom line is this.  Unless you were the one having the affair or if B himself admitted it to you or if you actually saw them kiss/have sex/whatever, NONE OF US WILL EVER KNOW!

You can say - he's a rock star and has all kinds of free time and women throwing themseleves at him and beautiful women to hang out with - OF COURSE HE'S HAD AFFAIRS!

Or you can say - Bono is a very affectionate man but a very genuine man with good morals and a beautiful wife - OF COURSE HE'D NEVER HAVE AN AFFAIR!

Thank you Zooey!!!!!!  You just did my job for me  ;)  I saw this thread going sour and was about to intervene. But you have said everything I wanted to say.....and so beautifully I might add !!!

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

Thank you Zooey!!!!!!  You just did my job for me  ;)  I saw this thread going sour and was about to intervene. But you have said everything I wanted to say.....and so beautifully I might add !!!

Aw, thanks.  I try.  *blush*

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »
Honestly, has Bono had affairs? I don't know. I like to think not. But I can't say that with certainty.

I do know that I have read interviews from him in the early 90s where he specifically talked about man not being made for fidelity. I do suspect that during this period, his marriage was shaky, and he may have at the very least had some close shaves.

But I also think that he's moved on since then, that Bono today would not make such a statement, and, most importantly, that it's entirely his business, and Ali's- not mine. I don't need to know, I don't want to know, and there's NO reason at all for them to tell anyone, regardless.  And I would certainly not presume to judge him for it.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
I think many rumour mongers can't differentiate between women who are consorts from sexual partners.  I'm sure Bono consorts with many women much like Prince does or Henry Kissinger did but that doesn't in any way suggest an intimate relationship. 

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »
Hmmm I cannot say for sure because I was not there. There have been rumours about Andrea and Bono for a long time, and Bono is a ROCK STRAR. In U2 by U2, Bono did talk about being entangled or in a headlock with some starlet (don't quote me) and Adam talking to him about it. However Ali is a beautiful, smart woman  who knows the kind of man she is married to, and what she will and will not put up with. Bono obviously loves and fears her.
In short, IMO, Bono is no angel nor is he the devil.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
I've only been an invested fan for a short time but what I have read & realized is that I think Bono at this point in time has a great amount of love & respect for Ali & his kids. At this point in his life I dont think he would risk jeopardizing that. Like someone else here said unless he pulls a Tiger we'll prob never know the answer to this. He is human. Everyone effs up. Ultimatley its between him & God. 
But in the meantime I will stay tuned to this thread.  *insert popcorn gif*

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
I think Bono is faithful to his wife.  It is possible to have a twenty seven year relationship/marriage and not cheat on your spouse.  I have been with my husband for 27 years and never cheated. 

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
In U2 by U2, Bono did talk about being entangled or in a headlock with some starlet (don't quote me) and Adam talking to him about it.

Huh? A starlet had Bono in a headlock? Did she pull the Stone Cold Stunner and the Last Ride Powerbomb on him as well? :D

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 03:54:23 AM »
In U2 by U2, Bono did talk about being entangled or in a headlock with some starlet (don't quote me) and Adam talking to him about it.

Huh? A starlet had Bono in a headlock? Did she pull the Stone Cold Stunner and the Last Ride Powerbomb on him as well? :D

Well first of all we can agree that most girls could beat up Bono and that he'd let them.

But I beleive this incident happened before Bono and Ali got married. Adam reminded Bono of just how valuable his relationship with Ali was. Bono was so struck by what Adam told him he asked Adam to be his best man.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
thanks for clearing that up Beli. Always droppin the knowledge!

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »
I love that story.

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:20 AM »
I love that story.

It sounds like a great story...Do you know what part of the book that's in? ???

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
I love that story.

It sounds like a great story...Do you know what part of the book that's in? ???

It's in early U2 by U2, around the War chapter. When I get home I will look it up and PM you.