Author Topic: War Remastered  (Read 3455 times)

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
War Remastered
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:24:41 AM »
Hi there! I'm new to the forum but not the website. Anyway I just bought the War cd remastered. I can't believe the improved sound quality it's awesome! The sound is just so big and in your face! It's like hearing the cd for the very first time. I hope that when they do a remastered version of the Unforgettable Fire that it is just like this. Have a good one. connyb  :)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: War Remastered
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
When they do UF? Have they said they're going too?

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
I don't don't know when they will. But Iam assuming that eventually they will because they have been remastering all their old stuff. Hopefully in the near future.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:59:49 PM »
Yea, it would make sense since all of 80-87 have been remastered except UF. I'm not interested in an R&H remaster thou. I'd only be interested in the UF remaster mainly for any unreleased material that might be included.

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
I read a review of the remastered JT. The reviewer said  he could'nt hear any difference to the original. What do other people think ? If the remastered CD's sound a lot better, i'll go and buy some.

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
I purchased the JT deluxe version. And I'm very satisfied with it. The sound is much more crisp and clear. I think the sound quality is much better. Mind you I bought it when it was on LP and then purchased it on cd and then I upgraded to the remastered version. And the remastered version is the way to go. But Iam sure there are people out there who will disagree. Just my opinion.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:52:23 PM »
I am not an audiophile, granted, but i can't hear any noticeably different in it. I still couldn't buy the Deluxe 2disc + dvd set quick enough, mind you!  ;D

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 06:31:24 PM »
I think the remastered albums sound great and I can definitely tell a difference in sound quality; everything sounds just a little louder and fuller. I hope they continue with the remasters, at least through the 80s albums and even into AB and Zooropa.

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »
The biggest thing I've noticed with the remasters is greatly enhanced detail in the drum tracks, Larry's kit sounds awesome on both "Boy" and "War".....I too can't wait for "Unfire", hopefully the portable rig they went to tape with at the castle won't hold the remastering team back from sharpening some of the elements.