Author Topic: What's The Last Movie You've Watched?  (Read 185976 times)

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
Re: What's The Last Movie You've Watched?
« Reply #3345 on: January 01, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Empire Strikes Back. Classic.

Watched it last night, for the 1000th time. Went out today and found a collectible ESB mug.

Still one of my favorite movies of all time.

I watched both Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes Back  this week too

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #3346 on: January 01, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
Midnight in Paris. Ehhh... I don't know why I watched it, because I don't like Owen Wilson.

Offline _acrobat

• Desert Rose
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
« Reply #3347 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »
Batman Begins

Online Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #3348 on: January 01, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Django Unchained. Shocking, disturbing, offensive, funny and just plain excellent!!

By the way mdmom, I don't think you would like it at all. Just a warning.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I am not invisible
« Reply #3349 on: January 01, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »
My wife and I went to see The Hobbit this afternoon. I was a bit concerned after the mixed reactions others have had but thankfully I needn't have worried. It was thoroughly enjoyable and incredibly fun. I was actually sad when it ended because I knew I'd have to wait a year to see the next installment. It was great to get away for an afternoon and just enjoy another picture set in Middle Earth. :)

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #3350 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »
Chill - Don't much care for Owen Wilson, but adore Marion Cotillard. She and my love of Paris were enough to get me to pay to see it in the theater. I can say I actually enjoyed it and I'm not a big Woody Allen fan either.

Starman - Thanks for the warning. Looks like a great cast, but I will take heed and not pay to see it. MAYBE a Redboxer eventually. Although I've heard many praising it and not just here.

ZooStation42 - Finally going to see The Hobbit tomorrow! I'm excited! :)

Just watched The Debt. Unexpectedly good and one I hadn't paid attention to before. If I had a girl crush, it would be on Jessica Chastain!  ::)

satellitedog01

« Reply #3351 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Midnight in Paris is excellent, and Owen Wilson delivers a dead on Woody Allen. I'm a fan of both (though not Wilson's cheap comedies).
Adrian Brody and Corey Stoll (who I mistook for Tom Hardy in the cinema) are just great fun in their roles, and it actually has a very decent core idea and moral.

Is Django similar to Inglorious Basterds in tone and its violence?

I watched about half of Twilight 2 on telly last night just to see how bad it is, with my girlfriend who is kind of a fan (although I won't stop ribbing her for it).
It is just as crappy as before.

After that waste of time we watched Chronicle, which is still a very-very solid flick. Well acted, great, concise story and of course a sequel is possible, and if they don't mess up too much it would be cool to see.

Offline JBS

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3352 on: January 02, 2013, 03:04:29 AM »
Silence of the Lambs

(Really want to see Django and The Hobbit but my wife and I recently became parents and it's going to be a bit before we make it  to a movie theater.)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #3353 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:49 AM »
Congratulations for you, JBS!

I would have liked Midnight in Paris more if the plot had been more about the going-back-in-time part. I thought the lead female character was extremely annoying and couldn't see how she and the main character had gotten together in the first place, and I thought the ending was stupid. Also, I just don't really like Owen Wilson's acting. But that's me.

I really want to see The Hobbit... and it's funny you were watching Twilight, SD, because I was almost going to watch Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday, but it wasn't on On Demand... I just want to see the last movie to finish the story. It's probably not good. :P

satellitedog01

« Reply #3354 on: January 02, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
Congratulations for you, JBS!

I would have liked Midnight in Paris more if the plot had been more about the going-back-in-time part. I thought the lead female character was extremely annoying and couldn't see how she and the main character had gotten together in the first place, and I thought the ending was stupid. Also, I just don't really like Owen Wilson's acting. But that's me.

Yeah, my one problem with Midnight was the straight out annoying fiancée and her caricature of a family.

As for Wilson, he pulled off a perfect Allen impersonation, so you probably don't like Woody either :-)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #3355 on: January 02, 2013, 08:48:22 AM »
Oh, I haven't seen enough of his movies to know. Hmm...
Edit- It probably doesn't count because it's a concert video, but I watched Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense this morning.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:06:00 PM by EnduringChill »

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #3356 on: January 02, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Been spoilt this week -

The Imposter
Killing Them Softly
Lincoln
Cloud Atlas

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:30:55 AM by Bads316 »

satellitedog01

« Reply #3357 on: January 02, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
Oh, I haven't seen enough of his movies to know. Hmm...
Edit- It probably doesn't count because it's a concert video, but I watched Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense this morning.

I need to watch it in its entirity yet, but those performances of Psycho Killer and Life During Wartime are totally fab.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #3358 on: January 02, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
Yeah. I'm completely obsessed with Psycho Killer right now. Once In A Lifetime isn't bad either...

satellitedog01

« Reply #3359 on: January 02, 2013, 02:39:50 PM »
Yeah, I guess I'll have to watch it, all the songs so far are great :-) Oooh, it's got Heaven on there... And Burning Down the House. Okay, tomorrow I'll watch it in whole.