Author Topic: The Beatles Worship Thread  (Read 15294 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: The Beatles Worship Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »
I like how Bono likes the Beatles, but its a given because Bono is my age and if you liked cool rock you would have like the Beatles in the late 60's and early 70's, we grew up with them even though we are on different sides of the pond.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »
I was born and raised in Liverpool (although I now live in Seattle), and yes, love them. Wanna see U2 play Liverpool's new Arena and cover a few of their tunes.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 05:22:57 PM »
Wow Liverpool to Seattle, that must be a big change. Which is better?

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow Liverpool to Seattle, that must be a big change. Which is better?

Little hard to say yet as I only moved here in February last year. But I'm loving it  :D Although now I'm moving to Alaska!
But of course - Im a Scouser (someone from Liverpool) through and through - always will be

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was born and raised in Liverpool (although I now live in Seattle), and yes, love them. Wanna see U2 play Liverpool's new Arena and cover a few of their tunes.

So where does it rain more?

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »
Seattle  :D

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
I think the Beatles are pretty cool. I have some covers of their songs. iTunes should sell the real stuff. I really like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Across the Universe.

Alton Dalton

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
The Beatles are the reason we are all here on this forum! :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Why do you feel that Beatles are a prelude to U2 music? I think they go hand in hand, I switch off from U2 to the Beatles when I party at home and can just find soooo many songs I love from both of them.....But U2 are more in the present tense for me obviously whereas the beatles of course are not a working band so I prefer U2 because of being able to get new stuff, but yeah the beatles are cool....ever check out some of there videos from years ago, they are really cool. I wish U2 would do a video like Beatles did with Penny Lane like riding horses threw their town looking groovy and singing something great... I dont know what song though?

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 04:39:07 PM »
The Beatles were the first band that I actually took interest in. I was like 9 and they were my favorite band ;D

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
  • Deserve's got nothin' to do with it
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 07:23:07 PM »
Yeah, the talent there was pretty amazing. McCartney made Lennon better, and Lennon made McCartney better. And then there was this guy named Harrison, who's backup singing couldn't be matched. Not to mention his own song contributions.
Too bad the guys couldn't keep it together for another 5 or 10 years. My fav's are probably Revolver, White Album, and Abby Road. But then there's A Hard Days Night, with some of the best sounding 60's country rock. Heck, it's all good.

Offline unforgettable fire

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • "Is the world really, really round?" - Larry
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
I've always known The Beatles were a life changing band, but it wasn't until I heard Sgt. Peppers... that I witnessesd it for myself.

I can hear why Bono and the guys are so impassioned in their music because of The Beatles. They truely were the FIRST innovative band in music history.

eurydice

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »
Let's not forget to look where The Beatles looked for innovation and inspiration -- to Buddy Holly. Holly was one of the first rock musicians to write/arrange/produce his own material. He was doing amazing work with the studio as an instrument right before his death. Listen to his string arrangement on "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" or his production work on Waylon Jennings first album.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 09:03:36 PM »
I have always been in love with Linda McCartney, anyone else? I mean I;m a straight girl, but i thought she was the coolest girl especially around pauls Mccartney album and Ram...She was how I wanted to look, just so natural, i am sure he misses her so.......that song Lovely Linda is so lovely.. Bono should write a song for his girl....just a nice guitar song.

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »
I stumble across a website that compared U2 and The Beatles album covers recently.  There were some really unbelievable coincidences associated with the album covers of the two bands.  Sorry I can't remember what that website was :-\