Author Topic: The Beatles Worship Thread  (Read 15266 times)

Mysterious Ways

Re: The Beatles Worship Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I stumble across a website that compared U2 and The Beatles album covers recently.  There were some really unbelievable coincidences associated with the album covers of the two bands.  Sorry I can't remember what that website was :-\

Is that it?

Offline Walrus

• Stateless
  • Ms. The Walrus to you!
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »
:D I think I may love U2 as much or possibly more than the Beatles, but the Beatles kind of started me off, the Beatles is like my starting point, the foundation of music. If it wasn't for the Beatles I wouldn't have discovered U2 or many other wonderful bands out there.

Offline unforgettable fire

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • "Is the world really, really round?" - Larry
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
I recently borrowed "Let It Be.. Naked!" from my local library. It's just awesome!

But I've never heard the original. More so I've heard from many fans that it was absolutly "ruined" by Phill Spector's "Wall-of-Sound" production and that the "Naked" version of Let It Be was way better.

eurydice

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »
I have always been in love with Linda McCartney, anyone else? I mean I;m a straight girl, but i thought she was the coolest girl especially around pauls Mccartney album and Ram...She was how I wanted to look, just so natural, i am sure he misses her so.......that song Lovely Linda is so lovely.. Bono should write a song for his girl....just a nice guitar song.

Yes. I am madly in love with Linda McCartney. It always makes me mad when I read old stories where people are making jokes about her. She was lovely, smart, talented, and kind.

I have to also say it always makes me a little uncomfortable to see Paul with someone else.

Offline jono2u

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »
What the beatles done in less than 10 years was truly remarkable.U2 have been going for 33 and they have only just reached REVOLVER stage.They must still have their Sgt.Pepper to come  ::)

eurydice

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 09:49:18 AM »
What the beatles done in less than 10 years was truly remarkable.U2 have been going for 33 and they have only just reached REVOLVER stage.They must still have their Sgt.Pepper to come  ::)

Revolver is favorite Beatles album. I rather lose interest after that...hope it isn't a sign.

Revolver7

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
I have all 13 of The Beatles' albums...I like some more than others, but overall, I love them all  8)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
I have always been in love with Linda McCartney, anyone else? I mean I;m a straight girl, but i thought she was the coolest girl especially around pauls Mccartney album and Ram...She was how I wanted to look, just so natural, i am sure he misses her so.......that song Lovely Linda is so lovely.. Bono should write a song for his girl....just a nice guitar song.

Yes. I am madly in love with Linda McCartney. It always makes me mad when I read old stories where people are making jokes about her. She was lovely, smart, talented, and kind.

I have to also say it always makes me a little uncomfortable to see Paul with someone else.

I always wanted to look like her when I was a young teenager. I thought Linda was the coolest looking woman. She was natural looking, no makeup and still looked great. The really looked great together her and Paul and my favorite album is Wildlife. By the way listen to that song Wildlife, its excellent, the both of them sound great. And listen to it loud!

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »
The Beatles introduced me to music.  They were the first band I recognized as being 'a band', you know what I mean?  I was probably only 6 or so but I realize that these songs I liked were by the same 4 guys and I wanted to listen to more of their stuff.  Yes, there were others before them, starting with guys like Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis (and Big Band / Swing before that) but pop music wasn't pop music before them and it would never be the same again.

Offline rockmusicnut (whenyoufindoutwhat'sworthkeeping)

• Airborne Ranger
  • with a breath of kindness blow the rest away - rr
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
Well by my avatar it is easy to tell that I like their songs.  I prefer George's over Lennon/ Macca songs.  George's songs tend to have a bit of weight to them.  He has some good solo material.  aka if you go to my youtube page most of The Beatle songs are George's.  There is also some solo George as well.  Oh well.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »
Well by my avatar it is easy to tell that I like their songs.  I prefer George's over Lennon/ Macca songs.  George's songs tend to have a bit of weight to them.  He has some good solo material.  aka if you go to my youtube page most of The Beatle songs are George's.  There is also some solo George as well.  Oh well.

Something, Here Comes The Sun and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, are all in my top 10 favourite Beatles songs.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
2 ways to get to my youtube page 1 with the link in my profile and 2:

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 05:42:29 AM »