Author Topic: behold the power of live music  (Read 6404 times)

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the fortune u want to steal
Re: behold the power of live music
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
ridiculously awesome Simple Minds performance from the 5x5 tour:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

most of this is the Berlin show, with a few songs from London and a show in Spain to fill in gaps.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »
Jean-Michel Jarre & co., in3-D:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

8)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
The most awesomely awesome thing to be released in ages

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
^ truly astounding power and grace.

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Walk On
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
The most awesomely awesome thing to be released in ages

Last Monday I was walking downtown, and as I was leaving an office (near the historical sites in my city), I bumped into Robert Plant!  :o

That would be strange enough if you lived in the U.K., so imagine the odds of it happening in Córdoba, Argentina.

I didn't know what to say, so I congratulated him on being a genius, and told him the first time I ever saw him was at the Freddie Mercury Tribute, where he sang a bit of Led Zeppelin's "Thank You", before singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" with Queen. And he said: "Ah, yes, the Freddie Mercury Tribute", in his old British accent.

Then, in a hopelessly ridiculous moment, I sang a bit of "Thank You" to him... "If the sun refused to shine"... and he looked to me as if to say: "Yeah, I already know that one..."

Really an amazing, surreal experience... And as I said goodbye, without asking for an autograph or a picture, I started thinking: "Was that real?? Man... I've just been talking face to face with a legend!"

Should have asked him to say Hi to Bono on my behalf.  :D

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
Have Plant and Bono ever met?

I know Plant was a U2 fan in the mid-to-late '80s; wonder if he still is.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
REM '81 - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Enjoy :)

Offline charlottes_mouth

• Wanderer
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
I saw Radiohead in London twice recently on their King of Limbs Tour. Check out this outstanding version of Nude. Live music doesn't get more powerful.

Online Satellitedog

• Up With the Sun
  • http://soundcloud.com/satellitedog/mysterious-ways
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
Awesome 2012 live revision of Packt Like Sardines. Beautiful

Thanks for the 5x5 gig Imaginary, will listen to it. Early Simple Minds is in my top three bands of all time.

Online lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
Badlands by the Boss in NY. Along with Where the Streets Have No Name, this is the best live song i've seen

Yes.

Online lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
Quality isn't that great, but it still kicks ar*e.  Springsteen Reason to Believe, Omaha, Nov. 2012.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:40 PM »
behold the beauty that was NIN's Lights In the Sky tour:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

greatest arena staging ever and right besides Popmart as the best stage of all time.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »
Nightwish live in Argentina:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!

Offline emalvick

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »
If you are up to a bit of a challenge, try the following Miles Davis tracks, and don't skip it just because it's jazz.  This is not your grand parents' jazz.  This is the jazz that Hendrix was prepared to play; he and Davis were about to record together when Hendrix died.  They are ordered from easiest to listen to to toughest.  They are all pure genius and show why Miles is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

Miles Davis - Miles Runs the Voodoo Down (1969): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
Miles Davis - Live at Isle of Wright (1970): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Miles Davis Live Electric and Brutal @ Berlin 1973: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And, if you want your grandparents' jazz, try this. It is awesome

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and the Gil Evans Orchestra (not Mile's quintet at the time) in 1959 "So What": You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:08:55 PM by emalvick »

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
If you are up to a bit of a challenge, try the following Miles Davis tracks, and don't skip it just because it's jazz.  This is not your grand parents' jazz.  This is the jazz that Hendrix was prepared to play; he and Davis were about to record together when Hendrix died.  They are ordered from easiest to listen to to toughest.  They are all pure genius and show why Miles is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

Miles Davis - Miles Runs the Voodoo Down (1969): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
Miles Davis - Live at Isle of Wright (1970): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Miles Davis Live Electric and Brutal @ Berlin 1973: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And, if you want your grandparents' jazz, try this. It is awesome

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and the Gil Evans Orchestra (not Mile's quintet at the time) in 1959 "So What": You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks for that! Enjoyed the hell out of it. 'Miles Runs the Voodoo Down' is probably my favourite Miles track and easily the greatest title for any piece of music ever.