Author Topic: Pink Floyd  (Read 12582 times)

hurricane hugo

Re: Pink Floyd
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd love to know what Roger Waters said or did to create the longstanding animosity between Gilmour and Waters.

"You work for me" during the making of The Wall. Repeatedly.

#@!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
I'd love to know what Roger Waters said or did to create the longstanding animosity between Gilmour and Waters.

"You work for me" during the making of The Wall. Repeatedly.

#@!

Isn't that what Paul McGuinness says to U2 during the making of every album?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
i mean the Wall is autobiographical so i can see Waters being like LOOKS this is MY STORY, LITERALLY. GET IN LINE GILMOUR.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
From what I understand, Gilmour had become uneasy about the focus on the words during The Wall sessions to the detriment of making melodious music. 

I can't say I blame him.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
i mean the Wall is autobiographical so i can see Waters being like LOOKS this is MY STORY, LITERALLY. GET IN LINE GILMOUR.

It's probably as much about Syd Barrett's life, the former Floyd member, as Waters.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Just to say,

I love Waters voice on comfortably numb much better than gilmours....

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »
Here is a site where fans of The Wall might want to spend a good deal of time:

Offline Alana

• Stateless
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »
In my opinion, Pink Floyd is one of the greatest bands of all time! Would be great if they would reunite, but I cant see it happening unfortunately.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 11:40:36 PM »
In my opinion, Pink Floyd is one of the greatest bands of all time! Would be great if they would reunite, but I cant see it happening unfortunately.

Possibly not but at Roger Waters The Wall show in London a couple of days ago both original other members - Dave Gilmour and the drummer who's name escapes me(!) joined him for the show. It was reported on the BBC main news in the UK!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »

Possibly not but at Roger Waters The Wall show in London a couple of days ago both original other members - Dave Gilmour and the drummer who's name escapes me(!) joined him for the show. It was reported on the BBC main news in the UK!

Nick Mason.

#@!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »

Nick Mason.

#@!

You disappoint me Hugo, I thought you would have pointed out that Dave Gilmour is not an original member.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

wow. Hopefully that's the show we'll get on dvd/blu

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »

I think this was part of a deal that was made quite some time ago, now. I remember the story as Gilmour was doing something for charity when Waters approached him about playing as a guest during his tour. Gilmour saud that if you help on the charity piece, then he would pick a night on the tour and show up to play. Waters agreed and it looks like everyone held up their part of the deal without the world ending. lol.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »

I think this was part of a deal that was made quite some time ago, now. I remember the story as Gilmour was doing something for charity when Waters approached him about playing as a guest during his tour. Gilmour saud that if you help on the charity piece, then he would pick a night on the tour and show up to play. Waters agreed and it looks like everyone held up their part of the deal without the world ending. lol.

yea but Nick Mason was there to? I mean Waters/Gilmour/Mason are the only surviving members of the line up, right?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
Here's the reunion scene: