Author Topic: EDGEmonton U2 Fan Party - Monday, June 21st  (Read 5419 times)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
Re: EDGEmonton with @U2 - Monday, June 21st
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Definitely start early.  We will be in town probably for around 2pm or so, just name the time.  We can stake our claim early...

PM me with all the details once you work it out and I'll make an invitation graphic :)

Sweet!  Ok dinner it is, It will be so awesome to see you guys on the monday, "U2 week" is coming up so fast now! 

I gave my email address to that Patrick manager at O'Byrnes and he was going to send me all the info, but I haven't heard from him.
Shall I be his stalker and call again?  Oh I think so.
I will keep you posted with all the deets.  My goal is to convince him that Monday night is simply a dress rehersal for his big U2 bash on Wednesday night....

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »
Definitely start early.  We will be in town probably for around 2pm or so, just name the time.  We can stake our claim early...

PM me with all the details once you work it out and I'll make an invitation graphic :)

Sweet!  Ok dinner it is, It will be so awesome to see you guys on the monday, "U2 week" is coming up so fast now! 

I gave my email address to that Patrick manager at O'Byrnes and he was going to send me all the info, but I haven't heard from him.
Shall I be his stalker and call again?  Oh I think so.
I will keep you posted with all the deets.  My goal is to convince him that Monday night is simply a dress rehersal for his big U2 bash on Wednesday night....

What about meeting there at, say 4 or 5pm?  Will that work for y'all?  Gives us a bit of time after travel to unwind before we get going.
We can send him messages on their FB page?  like the 'anything planned for U2 week" message I left on there just a bit ago?   ;D

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 12:25:11 PM »
Sounds good to me!

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »
Cripes.  So no email from Patrick at O'Byrnes and no returned phone calls.  I went down to O'byrnes on Friday night at 6 p.m. cause that was supposed to be when he started his shift but then I got there and he was not scheduled all of a sudden for the night.   So I willl continue to be the O'Byrnes stalker, in a good, way not really stalker.  But like why is this so hard to get in touch with these peeps?

I will get it sorted before the end of the month, and keep you posted.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
Cripes.  So no email from Patrick at O'Byrnes and no returned phone calls.  I went down to O'byrnes on Friday night at 6 p.m. cause that was supposed to be when he started his shift but then I got there and he was not scheduled all of a sudden for the night.   So I willl continue to be the O'Byrnes stalker, in a good, way not really stalker.  But like why is this so hard to get in touch with these peeps?

I will get it sorted before the end of the month, and keep you posted.

Sweet.  There's a small part of me that wonders if we should have a private get-together on the Monday and fan party on the Tuesday - just an option.  Either way I'm OK, and we'll leave that decision up to the early birds in the GA line on Wed AM :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »

Sweet.  There's a small part of me that wonders if we should have a private get-together on the Monday and fan party on the Tuesday - just an option.  Either way I'm OK, and we'll leave that decision up to the early birds in the GA line on Wed AM :)

In my head I think of our fan get together on Monday as a GA fan gathering (although anyone is welcome I think it will just be a small group of us)... and I think of O'Byrnes party on the 23rd as THE fan gathering for anybody who wants to go that night before the concert and return after.  We'll all be at O'Byrnes after the show too so that is the best kind of fan gathering I can think of.  I kind of like having Tuesday off.  I will be in need of a down day to (recover) get ready for GA and I am thinking I will go to commonwealth a couple of times Tuesday (most likely with you and witsa, lol).  I have no idea what the GA might look like but Joe and Scott are talking about coordinating GA again (sounds like they will also be in SLC to do this, from their posts in Zootopia)
Scott said in Zootopia that Monday works for him, on the off chance him and Joe will camp out overnight Tuesday.  (what he means is that if Joe and Scott are minding the GA they will be there to give out numbers so that we don't have to camp, just like in Vegas)**

**nothing is finalized with this yet, just the chatter from the locals.  They have been trying, like I have, to get in touch with somebody, anybody at Commonwealth. We'd all like more info and there is nothing.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »

In my head I think of our fan get together on Monday as a GA fan gathering (although anyone is welcome I think it will just be a small group of us)... and I think of O'Byrnes party on the 23rd as THE fan gathering for anybody who wants to go that night before the concert and return after.  We'll all be at O'Byrnes after the show too so that is the best kind of fan gathering I can think of.  I kind of like having Tuesday off.  I will be in need of a down day to (recover) get ready for GA and I am thinking I will go to commonwealth a couple of times Tuesday (most likely with you and witsa, lol).  I have no idea what the GA might look like but Joe and Scott are talking about coordinating GA again (sounds like they will also be in SLC to do this, from their posts in Zootopia)
Scott said in Zootopia that Monday works for him, on the off chance him and Joe will camp out overnight Tuesday.  (what he means is that if Joe and Scott are minding the GA they will be there to give out numbers so that we don't have to camp, just like in Vegas)**

**nothing is finalized with this yet, just the chatter from the locals.  They have been trying, like I have, to get in touch with somebody, anybody at Commonwealth. We'd all like more info and there is nothing.

All righty - Monday it is :)  We will have fun no matter what.  I just wish we could get it finalized with Paddy so I can start making graphics and FB groups etc...

Don't make me drive up there....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »

All righty - Monday it is :)  We will have fun no matter what.  I just wish we could get it finalized with Paddy so I can start making graphics and FB groups etc...

I am going to sic you on him if he doesn't smarten up! 
LOL!

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »

LOL!

Do it!  That will be fun to watch!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

LOL!

Do it!  That will be fun to watch!

*the good the bad and the ugly playing as EdgeFest walks in with THE HAT*

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
Re: EDGEmonton U2 Fan Party - Monday, June 21st
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
*the good the bad and the ugly playing as EdgeFest walks in with THE HAT*

*drunks scatter, Patrick slowly steps out from behind the bar wearing a R&H t-shirt*

"wha, wha, wha...."

*tumbleweeds blow past the door*

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
Re: EDGEmonton U2 Fan Party - Monday, June 21st
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
This has been officially cancelled. 

I called and cancelled our reservation but join us on June 23rd for a U2 fan gathering at O'byrnes Pub instead.

We'll be drowing our sads in Guinness, you should come too.