Author Topic: 2010 SURVEY: A couple of missing options from the survey  (Read 4049 times)

Offline George

• Stateless
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; Now it's time to rhyme!
2010 SURVEY: A couple of missing options from the survey
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:14:19 AM »
Hi.  Just complete the survey.  Good fun as always.  Just noticed a couple of missing options:

Best Instrumental:
 -Where is "Endless Deep"?
 -"Bottoms" should not be there - it's just a Zoo Station remix.
 -Boomerang I should not be there - it's just the instrumental version of the "real" song, Boomerang II (okay, this is debatable).

Best Streets:
 -Where are "Live From the Point Depot", "Live From Paris", and PopHeart?

Best Sunday:
 -Where are "Live From Paris" and "If God Will Send His Angels"?

Best Bad:
 -Where are "Live From the Point Depot" and "Live From Paris"

For some of the B-side and other choices, I found that there was an inconsistency - sometimes some Bono-only tracks were included, but not always.  I think that the questions should be just restricted to actual U2-only tracks.  And I'm forgetting, but was "I'm Not Your Baby" there?  I didn't notice it but just thought of it.

Overall though, excellent survey!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:11:12 AM by m2 »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: A couple of missing options from the survey
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
Thx George. And if anyone else has suggestions, corrections, etc., would love to hear/see them. Please post. We already have a list started that the Twitter folks have shared with us.

And yes, I'm Not Your Baby was on there.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
There was a question that asked what song U2 should play live that they've never played live before. I don't remember the options, but I remember there being some songs missing.

Offline jujumyth

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Rejoice !
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
I noticed that unfortunatly Mercy was not in the list of B side or unreleased song

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:44:03 PM »
The question you're referring to, jujumyth, asks about favorite b-side or non-album song. Mercy isn't a b-side. You could call it a "non-album" song, but it's sort of a unique song that doesn't fit anywhere. Well, Mercy and "Be There" are in the same boat -- they're like underground songs and don't really fit in the survey anywhere.

I doubt most fans have heard Mercy, actually ... which makes me think we could ask THAT question next time. "Have you heard Mercy?" Hmmmmm. That might work.

Thx. :-)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There was a question that asked what song U2 should play live that they've never played live before. I don't remember the options, but I remember there being some songs missing.

That question has never had the full list of unplayed songs, but we can certainly consider that for the next time. Thx Boom Cha.

Offline jujumyth

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Rejoice !
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »
The question you're referring to, jujumyth, asks about favorite b-side or non-album song. Mercy isn't a b-side. You could call it a "non-album" song, but it's sort of a unique song that doesn't fit anywhere. Well, Mercy and "Be There" are in the same boat -- they're like underground songs and don't really fit in the survey anywhere.

I doubt most fans have heard Mercy, actually ... which makes me think we could ask THAT question next time. "Have you heard Mercy?" Hmmmmm. That might work.

Thx. :-)

unique song, you're right  ;) Mercy is a very beautiful and spiritual song, may be unknown by fans and it could be in the category "underrated" or "never heard song" (so I hope U2 will include it in SOA !)
whatever, thank you for this survey, the questions are pertinent and interesting and I am impatient to see the answers !

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »

That question has never had the full list of unplayed songs, but we can certainly consider that for the next time. Thx Boom Cha.

Yah, I kind of felt pigeon-holed on some of the questions because you had to pick what was offered. The critical thinker in me started questioning "why did they choose just these to offer?" But then I had to remember that its just a fun survey.

Offline whitecanvasshoes

• Stateless
Re: 2010 SURVEY: A couple of missing options from the survey
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:35:25 PM »
I always love to take the survey and read the results. It's really fun. Thanks for all the work that goes into it.
I would love to see Catherine Owens added to the list of favorite U2 associates in question H6.
I also couldn't recall U23D being anywhere, but I may have missed it. I loved it! I saw it ten times. Though it is not on video maybe it could go under question G20-favorite concert video?

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
I thought the choices for worst fashion mistake were kinda weird.  Do people really think The Edge's shirts from the current tour are that bad?  And how is there no option for R&H era Bono wearing suspenders with no shirt or taking it to another level with no shirt and suspenders with a coat on (like the Night and Day video).

Offline kingscrossing

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
so, after a brief read thru of the survey results, basically, if you're a U2 fan in your 30's, Achtung Baby is your favorite album, it had the best videos, and if you could see any tour over again, it would be Zoo TV. Yep, that's me, and I'm not alone. :)

And also like me your favorite part of U2360 is listening to all the different versions of Ultraviolet. But maybe that's just me...