Author Topic: Interested in @U2 / Forum t-shirts?  (Read 26095 times)

Boom Cha!

Re: Interested in @U2 / Forum t-shirts?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 09:49:12 PM »
I think it's a good idea. Although, I personally wouldn't buy one.

But, I'm sure there's plenty of people that would.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 02:20:31 AM »
Okay, before we start discussing designs and choices and all that, I threw this together to give you an idea of how it'll work and what some of the options are:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Note that in the "General @U2" section, some items have the logo on the full front of the shirt, and others have it only on the left chest. The forum design I did only makes sense on the full front.

Again, this is just something I threw together ... although you're free to place orders if you want. :)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »
Okay, before we start discussing designs and choices and all that, I threw this together to give you an idea of how it'll work and what some of the options are:

Note that in the "General @U2" section, some items have the logo on the full front of the shirt, and others have it only on the left chest. The forum design I did only makes sense on the full front.

Again, this is just something I threw together ... although you're free to place orders if you want. :)

OMG! I love them!

"I'm huge in the @U2 forum" is brilliant! I wouldn't wear it myself as I am actually huge and that would just be inviting idiots to remark on it, but for normal sized folks it's fantastic!

I may actually have to buy one of the @ shirts this pay day.

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:52 AM »
stackable mugs  :o

I really like the women's "cap" sleeve T. And the slogan is cute. I like the idea of thread specificity, though. I think we should definitely do a "coach Mullen" shirt and maybe something else..... maybe something about the "Lounge." Maybe if I were creative I could think of something catchy.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »

OMG! I love them!

"I'm huge in the @U2 forum" is brilliant! I wouldn't wear it myself as I am actually huge and that would just be inviting idiots to remark on it, but for normal sized folks it's fantastic!

Hmmmm. Could do a similar one along the lines of "I'm a STAR in the @U2 Forum." ?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
We thought about offering a t-shirt with a picture of all the forum mods on it. Beneath it would be the phrase "We're Watching". We chose not to do it as there is no way supply could keep up with demand.

:P

:D :D :D :D :D

Well sorry guys, but we all know which beautiful mod would be the best seller  :P    ;D     ;)

(Just kidding!!!!)

I can't quite visualize what you look like SG.  I'm torn between Angelina Jolie (Tomb Raider style) and Roseanne Barr.

I learned the hard way that she DOES NOT look like a female bodybuilder, despite what her name suggests.

Sorry heartland...were you the one I beat  up last week  :D :D   Really..for those that don't already know...my name is just from the Lypton Village bunch-Trevor "Strongman" Rowan ( Guggi's bro) who was the bass player of the Virgin Prunes. That all it is. The female bodybuilder took on a life of its own!  Those who know me would really laugh because I am just a  small weakling ;)

Sorry to interrupt the thread and go off topic...back to @U2 t shirt ordering.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »

OMG! I love them!

Hmmmm. Could do a similar one along the lines of "I'm a STAR in the @U2 Forum." ?

There you go!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »

OMG! I love them!

Or for me, "I'm the voice of reason in the madhouse that is @U2Forum".  It's no more wordy than some U2 album titles I could mention.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »

OMG! I love them!

Or for me, "I'm the voice of reason in the madhouse that is @U2Forum".  It's no more wordy than some U2 album titles I could mention.

Well, if we are making our own then I simply must have "I am the shameless attention who** of the @U2 Forum!"  ;D

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »

OMG! I love them!

Well, if we are making our own then I simply must have "I am the shameless attention who** of the @U2 Forum!"  ;D

You always struck me as a shameless hussy Monicalea. :D ;)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »

OMG! I love them!

You always struck me as a shameless hussy Monicalea. :D ;)

I would be if I could ever get a date!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »
Okay, I've just started two new threads:

General Design Ideas

Specific Requests from Board/Thread Participants:

Please read those and follow the instructions if you have ideas or requests for something you'd like added to the store.

Thx gang!

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Hey gang - we're trying to gauge interest in offering t-shirts/sweatshirts/etc. to our site readers and forum users. The cost would probably be in the $15-$20 range, with another $5-$6 for shipping. (Sweatshirts, long-sleeve shirts, etc., would be more expensive.) We could also offer @U2 mugs, magnets, buttons, etc. if anyone's interested.

One cool thing we could do is offer some customized shirts. For example, we could do some shirts that have our logo and/or say "@U2 Forum" and then also say something like

Proud member of the Larry Love Thread
Proud member of the Bono Rocks My World Thread
Proud member of the Edge Is Just Too Cool Thread
Proud member of the Adam Appreciation Thread

or similar ideas. (One thing we CAN'T do is let you put your screennames on there, sorry.)

Another idea we have to is run a contest inviting you guys to come up with designs that you'd like to see on a shirt or mug or whatever. And then if we like any of the designs, the winner would get a free shirt with it.

Any thoughts on this? Good idea? Bad idea? Just trying to see how interested folks are right now.

Sorry, I'm a little late in joining in....I've never been this far down on the forum topic list before (I usually stop at 'the band.'). I need to get some rest tonight, so I'll have to catch up on this thread tomorrow or Monday. But I am interested in the idea of tshirts...it can help people find me at the shows ;). So I vote yes for the shirt idea and will try and catch up on the voting for ideas. Also will need to read further to learn when they will be available. Thanks for your efforts!

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
I suck at coming up with design and slogan ideas, but I'm definitely interested in buying a t-shirt. I agree with Beli that it's a great way to find each other at concerts - I know I'm planning to meet up with some members I haven't met in real life yet.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »
We thought about offering a t-shirt with a picture of all the forum mods on it. Beneath it would be the phrase "We're Watching". We chose not to do it as there is no way supply could keep up with demand.

:P

:D :D