Author Topic: No To Stadiums.  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
Re: YES to stadiums & YES to arenas
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 07:44:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 have been playing stadiums for over 25 years, and will continue to do so into the future.

Unfortunately, anyone who doesen't like stadiums is going to miss a huge chunk of not only U2, but U2 Live.
And U2 live, is where U2 is at,where we get to see them in the flesh and do their thing. I wouldn't miss that for anything.
I think I've learnt more about the band and other U2 fans at live gigs than through any other medium.

I love both types of gigs, and for both, GA standing is the only way.

I have only seen two U2 concerts (one in an arena the other in a field) and watch their DVD shows sparingly, and so the vast majority of my enjoyment of U2 has been listening to their albums.  I disagree that U2 live is where U2 is at these days.  In fact it would not bother me too much if they hanged up their sexy boots and stopped playing live shows and just concentrated on making sublime music in the studio. :)

I disagree to some degree in that I love seeing U2 live every 4 or 5 years.  That said, I could go for a break in the cycle where we might get a couple of albums over two years similar to R.E.M. circa OOT and Automatic.

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
Re: No To Stadiums.
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »
Salman Rushdie was on the balcony and looked bored witless. I think one of oasis was there too. Unfortunately, I couldn't throw my drink that far...

Is it just me or does Rushdie always looks that way?  He has a perpetual look of general disregard on his face....not bad...just indifferent.

He has a medical problem with his eyelids which causes them to look half closed, which gives that impression.

Well there you have it.  Not my imagination, an actual reason. 
Thanks, I never knew that. Must be tough going through life looking like a pothead...I suppose that pails to the fatwa in terms of tough though...

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »
LOL Hj.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »
I prefer arenas (or smaller - Glasgow Barrowlands - legendary!)

However stadiums are where they are at and the 'rush' I get seeing them live makes up for that!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »

However stadiums are where they are at and the 'rush' I get seeing them live makes up for that!

Have a good one in Turin and Rome, singy.  Some of those Italian women are Belissimo. ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 03:00:37 AM »

Have a good one in Turin and Rome, singy.  Some of those Italian women are Belissimo. ;)

I'll do that! Paris could be a winner too!