Author Topic: New York City - Saturday July 17th with @U2 Forum hosts - DETAILS!!  (Read 10018 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: New York City - Saturday July 17th with @U2 Forum hosts - DETAILS!!
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Thanks to everyone who did come to the party. I met some really nice U2 fans including a couple from Australia who I believe are moving to NYC. I brought my "posse" of college pals and they had a great time too. We had a decent size crowd considering the concert was canceled. It was a lot of fun. I hope everyone liked their prizes! It was a nice collection of stuff. My friend's boyfriend won a great framed photo of Adam (taken by an amazing photographer  ;)) . He is giving it to his son who is a U2 fan and a bass player. Another nice "Bono girl" won my Agnes doll. She was really thrilled to hear the background behind who made it.

So the drinks - $3.00 beers, 5.00 mixed .

Meeting my forum friends for the first time in person and getting to hug them........................PRICELESS  ;)

See you in July, 2011.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
Who from the forum went?

Im glad you had such a good time SG!!

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks to everyone who did come to the party. I met some really nice U2 fans including a couple from Australia who I believe are moving to NYC. I brought my "posse" of college pals and they had a great time too. We had a decent size crowd considering the concert was canceled. It was a lot of fun. I hope everyone liked their prizes! It was a nice collection of stuff. My friend's boyfriend won a great framed photo of Adam (taken by an amazing photographer  ;)) . He is giving it to his son who is a U2 fan and a bass player. Another nice "Bono girl" won my Agnes doll. She was really thrilled to hear the background behind who made it.

So the drinks - $3.00 beers, 5.00 mixed .

Meeting my forum friends for the first time in person and getting to hug them........................PRICELESS  ;)

See you in July, 2011.
:'( :'( :'(

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
Wow, sounds great SG...I like that 'Priceless', like you are the mastercard commercial.
You sound like you have a lot of fun down there...Always something going on in the city.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
Wow, sounds great SG...I like that 'Priceless', like you are the mastercard commercial.
You sound like you have a lot of fun down there...Always something going on in the city.
Hey Ocean! I am so corny. I was going for that Mastercard commercial  :D

It was fun but I really hope someday we can meet! We are not that far from one another!  ;)

Offline MoodyGirl09

• Refugee
  • It's all about me and what I want
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
It sounds like a really fun time and glad everyone had fun.  I'm sorry missed it, but hopefully there will be another get together in 2011  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »
It sounds like a really fun time and glad everyone had fun.  I'm sorry missed it, but hopefully there will be another get together in 2011  :)

You bet!  ;)

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 01:05:02 PM »
It was a lot of fun, lots of cool people were there, although I'm not sure how many from this forum.  Best part?  We got to meet SG in person!  :-*  Worst part?  No Juls.  :'(

Unfortunately, after our two hours were up they started playing a lot of newer songs that none of us knew.  We stayed awhile, then finally left.  As we were standing out on the sidewalk debating where to go next, they started playing 80s music again, so we went back in!   :D  After a while we realized that we were twice the age of most everyone in there, so we left but not until after one last U2 song.  It was time to go anyway, it was packed, hot, and the women's restroom ran out of TP.  EF lead the way through the crowd with her JTEH, taking out eyes on the way.   ;D