Author Topic: The U2 Confessional  (Read 72943 times)

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: The U2 Confessional
« Reply #1020 on: January 10, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm 16 and have more music tastes than U2 that would be considered uncool. I don't care because I've never been cool. :D

You are the coolest in our book EC!!!! ;D

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #1021 on: January 10, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
I'm 16 and have more music tastes than U2 that would be considered uncool. I don't care because I've never been cool. :D

Which makes you the true cool!  ;)

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #1022 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »

Same with me  ;D When I tell someone who I'm listening to the usual response is, "Who is that?"

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #1023 on: January 10, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »
I confess that I wish all the teens in my life had the same music tastes as Chilly and Dreamy.   ;D

As many of you know, I regularly sprinkle my class with U2 references, U2 music, and U2 news. My students who knew Larry was when I told them today about Larry's September prediction. I didn't tell them my other confession that I'll share here though: Larry has not been looking too good in his recent photos  :'(

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #1024 on: January 11, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
What do you mean about Larry Sky???? ???

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
« Reply #1025 on: January 11, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
He looks drawn...does that make sense?  Like he's shrinking and his skin is stretched.  I should say he looks like he's been ill.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #1026 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
He looks drawn...does that make sense?  Like he's shrinking and his skin is stretched.  I should say he looks like he's been ill.

The picture on the home page? I don't think he's overly drawn on that one. Can you post the ones where you think he's not been well? For the home page pic, I think he's just fit/muscular and does not have too much extra fat to plump up the dimples. It happens quite rapidly in NORMAL aging after the age of 45 or so...

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #1027 on: January 12, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
Sky, yes drawn is the right word....prob a little weight gain would help...too thin as you age isnt that good either,  a little extra pounds is better...hope he is ok though..

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #1028 on: January 15, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

uncool is the new cool, anyway, EC ;)

and now for my confession:  mr jab gave me an itunes gift card for my birthday.  i downloaded a bunch of u2 b-sides i didn't have... some i'd never heard before... like lady with the spinning head... salome...  spanish eyes... and a bunch of the stuff from the joshua tree remaster that i didn't know about cuz i wasn't paying any attention to u2's existence when the remaster was released...  *shame shame*.... ::)

the upside is that mr jab really likes lady with the spinning head....
the other upside is that these are like all-new songs to me, so maybe just maybe they'll tide me over til september!  (you did say september, right larry? ?  right??  ;)  :D )

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
« Reply #1029 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
No shame!  My confession is related: I have a REALLY hard time getting into U2's b-sides.  I like Spanish Eyes, North and South of the River, and a few others, but I haven't given the entire collection the dedicated listening time it deserves (and I vastly prefer Red Rocks "Party Girls" to that monstrosity released on the War reissue).  I've had the reissues for years and just haven't been back to them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and admit that although U2 IS my favorite band, they don't make my favorite b-sides or bonus tracks. My other big band crush of the moment released TWELVE amazing b-sides with their latest record.  The songs could stand alone and with a little re-working constitute an entire album.  I know there are U2 fans who would say the same our boys' b-sides, but I don't agree.  :-[

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
« Reply #1030 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »
Also, I've had Edge's Picks since Friday and haven't listened to it.  I think you all can just revoke my fan card now.  ;)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #1031 on: January 15, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
Also, I've had Edge's Picks since Friday and haven't listened to it.  I think you all can just revoke my fan card now.  ;)

I've only listened to it three times since I received it in mid-December. A few of the songs I really like but the rest just don't do it for me.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #1032 on: January 16, 2013, 05:26:27 AM »
Can I say, I haven't listened to ALL the b-sides yet... okay, that can be a confession... but I adore the Achtung Baby b-sides and such. Sooo many good songs. I only wish that I could get them without having to buy the whole album again...

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »

and now for my confession:  mr jab gave me an itunes gift card for my birthday.  i downloaded a bunch of u2 b-sides i didn't have... some i'd never heard before... like lady with the spinning head... salome...  spanish eyes... and a bunch of the stuff from the joshua tree remaster that i didn't know about cuz i wasn't paying any attention to u2's existence when the remaster was released...  *shame shame*.... ::)

the other upside is that these are like all-new songs to me, so maybe just maybe they'll tide me over til september!  (you did say september, right larry? ?  right??  ;)  :D )

I love Lady With the Spinning Head!!

And Alex Descends to Hell For A Bottle of Milk.

Those two have to be my favorite U2 b-sides.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • ^ my face every time the album is delayed
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

I love Lady With the Spinning Head!!

And Alex Descends to Hell For A Bottle of Milk.

Those two have to be my favorite U2 b-sides.

How exactly does milk stay in its regular form under temperature extremes in hell?

Wouldn't be turn into cheese or something?