Author Topic: Saw a Depeche Mode and a Smiths cover band last night  (Read 997 times)

Offline 1notsame

• Stateless
Saw a Depeche Mode and a Smiths cover band last night
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »
It was a blast. The Smiths cover band, This Charming Band, was especially effective. Fake Morrissey had all the moves down and he handed out flowers to the screaming fans. So, now I'm working on convincing my memory that I really did see the Smiths play a dive in Bakersfield.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Saw a Depeche Mode and a Smiths cover band last night
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 11:06:50 AM »
That must have been a lot of fun. I love the Smiths and Depeche Mode. I have come to learn that lots of cover (or tribute bands as they are now called  ;)) are quite good!

Offline latindrummer2112

• Refugee
  • my gig review blog ->latindrummer.wordpress.com
Re: Saw a Depeche Mode and a Smiths cover band last night
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was a blast. The Smiths cover band, This Charming Band, was especially effective. Fake Morrissey had all the moves down and he handed out flowers to the screaming fans. So, now I'm working on convincing my memory that I really did see the Smiths play a dive in Bakersfield.

In Bakersfield??? Why the hell didn't I know about this haha. The only real good Smiths/Morrissey cover band I've heard of is Sweet And Tender Hooligans. Always wanted to see them. Now I'm intersted in these guys, hmmm.