Author Topic: Siouxsie appreciation thread  (Read 3604 times)

Offline 1notsame

• Stateless
Siouxsie appreciation thread
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
Although I certainly know a lot of Siouxsie fans, I sometimes feel like she's the best-kept secret in rock. Her band was around at the very dawn of punk, and remained on the cutting-edge through every permutation of that genre (goth, new wave, alternative). The Banshees were rightly included in the very first line-up of Lollapalooza, four years before breaking up after nearly twenty years of non-stop creativity. They re-formed briefly in 2002 for a series of shows based on their darker, early energy. Admirably, it was not a greatest hits tour. Siouxsie gets mysteriously hotter as she gets older, and has remained at the peak of her powers, through the side-project the Creatures (with her now ex-husband Budgie) and extraordinary solo work. 2007's Mantaray was flipping incredible.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:36:55 AM by 1notsame »

hurricane hugo

Re: Siouxsie appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
she needs to come back to Detroit like now. she was last here in 2004; great show, but we missed out on 3 encores (I saw the setlist), each with 4 or 5 songs, because the entire monitor system (both in-ear and wedge+sidefills) crapped out by the end of the regular set and she couldn't hear herself onstage. :(

#@!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »
I can't believe I never started an appreciation thread for her because ...............

I WORSHIP SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES!!!!!!!

I have for over 25 years  ;D 

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
SG- I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Houston the other day and I saw a Siouxsie and the Banshees poster. And I thought of you  ;D

Offline VoodooDolly

• Refugee
  • Scream without raising your voice...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »
Love, love loooooooove Siouxsie!! I love her work with the Banshees, Creatures, and her solo album. Sadly, I've never had the chance to see her live as I didn't become a fan until after her last stop in Texas but I'm hoping that will change when she decides to tour again.

Offline 1notsame

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »
she takes long breaks between albums and tours, but trust me she's not going anywhere. you'll get your chance. i've seen her like eight times and each one is better than the last.

Offline VoodooDolly

• Refugee
  • Scream without raising your voice...
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
Oh I bet. I have several concert DVDs of hers, including some bootlegs, and they're fabulous. I just can't wait till she releases some new material.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SG- I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Houston the other day and I saw a Siouxsie and the Banshees poster. And I thought of you  ;D

Cherry, I have the greatest tee shirt of Siouxsie that I bought on King's Road in London back in the 80's!  :D  I kept it in good condition but I don't usually wear it because I wouldn't want to embarrass my sons now in front of their friends  :D!!

I learned that one of the Banshees produced the earliest work of another favorite band of mine from the 80's - Altered Images. You could tell he did because early Altered Images had that "punkier" feel to it before they went more pop.

Offline latindrummer2112

• Refugee
  • my gig review blog ->latindrummer.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
I also love Siouxsie...

has anyone else made the connection that No Line on the Horizon = Kiss Them For Me  ???

...and I don't mean it as a bad thing  ;D

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »
I still have my Siouxsie t-shirt from...1986? It was the same summer I caught Public Image Limited. Those were two awesome shows back in the day.

surit87

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 03:12:40 AM »
The first Siouxsie song I heard was "Face to Face". Then I got two albums of her (with the Banshees) - "Superstition" and "Rapture", these two albums I just simply looooooooooooooooove :) I think even Bono cited Siouxsie as a major influence on his singing style.

Offline Izzy

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
devotchka did a great cover of The Last Beat of my Heart.....

Archie_bronson

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »
I saw her supporting Morrisey a couple of Summers ago - she was great, Morrisey was like an overweight pub singer doing Smiths covers - terrible!
Also, you wouldn't mess with Siouxsie - she'd break your face in an argument. I miss the early 80's - when music was truly independent - sadly they are gone forever

Smee

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »
Two Siouxsie And The Banshees songs i relly really like are Mad Eyed Screamer and Peek A Boo

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
High point

Budgie and McGeoch were awesome

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login