Author Topic: Is Bono a Freemason?  (Read 27302 times)

InThisHeartland

Re: Is Bono a Freemason?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
BTW whats a freemason?

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
BTW whats a freemason?

I dunno, but my high school history teacher turned down an offer to become one...twice. So it can't be THAT cool  :D

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »
BTW whats a freemason?

They run America. There's a conspiracy. Look at the $1 note  :D :D :D

deco20

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
BTW whats a freemason?

Freemasonry is one of the world's oldest fraternal societies.

It is made up of men who are concerned with moral and spiritual values and who pursue a way of life that complements their religious, family and community affiliations. They seek a better way of life and treat all men as equal regardless of race, religion or social standing.

Freemasonry requires that Candidates hold a belief in the Divine Creating God Who is Creator of the Universe and Giver of its life. The Masonic Ritual explains and teaches that Faith in the Divine is given expression in the life of the man who acknowledges his dependence on God by invoking His aid on all his undertakings, and who prays to the Almighty Creator for guidance to live faithfully in His service. This is further explained in the Masonic Ritual as the loving relationship a Freemason has with the Almighty Creator in which the Freemason prays to the Almighty for His continual guidance and "Divine Wisdom". He prays for the "grace" that his life will "unfold the beauties of true godliness" to the honour and glory of the Creator's Holy Name. This, therefore requires that whatever a man's creed may be it shall clearly state that, by whatever name, the Divine is known to him as the Creator and Giver of Life. Those writings which reveal the Divine Creator, His works and His Will for mankind are deemed Sacred Writings (Volumes of the Sacred Law) for Freemasonry. While Freemasons hold religious beliefs they do not promote a particular religion.

In my opinion, its kinda cool. And from the above description, Bono could very well be a Freemason. All those tales of Satanic worship and the rest are false to the best of my knowledge. You'll never know the actual dynamics and practices of the Freemasonry until you join them or study them for decades.

Two of my dad's friends are freemasons and they are Catholic and Muslim. Some freemasons do wear those freemason rings on their fingers. I find it a little tacky.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:08:09 PM by Deco20 »

InThisHeartland

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
My older brother's friend is a freemason, and he won't tell anyone anything about it. It sounds like a very large club that you can't know what they do until you're in it. Sounds silly. I prefer Lypton Village.  :D

Offline Mandles

• Elevated
  • It's that time of year again!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »
My older brother's friend is a freemason, and he won't tell anyone anything about it. It sounds like a very large club that you can't know what they do until you're in it. Sounds silly. I prefer Lypton Village.  :D

;D ;D ;D

(Freemasons do get to ride around on those little cars during parades, though...that bit's kinda cool!  ;) )

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »

;D ;D ;D

(Freemasons do get to ride around on those little cars during parades, though...that bit's kinda cool!  ;) )

Sign me up. lol. 

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »
I've known several Masons. Is that the same thing? They weren't really hiding their Mason-ry. Lots of people knew they were Masons.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
Masons = same thing.

Membership is not secret. The rituals within are.

The practical applications of masonry go beyond what deco described.

it can help with court cases, speeding fines, getting into private schools and business class upgrades when travelling. that's the real benefit  ;)

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

After reading this guy's answer to the original question there I think Bono could be a member of The Illuminati. Along with Lady Gaga. World domination is imminent. 

Everyone should watch The Skulls movie and the National Treasure movies. They are truthfact.

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »

After reading this guy's answer to the original question there I think Bono could be a member of The Illuminati. Along with Lady Gaga. World domination is imminent. 

Everyone should watch The Skulls movie and the National Treasure movies. They are truthfact.

Truthfact? Is that a portmanteau like coming from artifact + truth? Seems like the proper word for those movies should be artitruth, as in artificial +truth.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Sarcasm is my friend ;) 

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
The Shriners ride around in the little cars, not the Masons. But one must be a Freemason before one can graduate to a Shriner.

Deco - great summary of the group. It's a frat.

My grandad was a Mason - and he held the highest seat in the lodge (Grand Poo-Bah or whatever....). He tried for years to get my dad to join, but couldn't/wouldn't disclose what the group was about - what they did, what their values were, etc. So my dad said "why would I want to join a group that I don't know what they do and/or stand for?" Made sense to me.

What I found interesting/disturbing/weird was at Grandad's funeral - Just like the family of the deceased is given reserved pews in the church, the Masons also had their own reserved section. And after the service was over, each Mason went up to the casket, one at a time, and placed a spruce tree sprig on the casket and said something like "back to the earth my brother". I just found that kind of creepy, I'm not sure why.

I dated a guy who was being initiated into the Freemasons. He was able to give me a little more information about the group than my grandad did. There is a one year "trial", whereby the inductee can choose to leave the group. He also told me that religion was a forbidden topic but men of all religions were welcome (I truly thought thaqt Catholics were not allowed). In addition to just hanging out, they do a lot of charity work but it's all done anonymously. I'm not sure why he was able to tell me this stuff - maybe the Masons are becoming less secretive in order to attract younger members?

If you want to learn more about the Masons, please go to your local libary and check out the Simpsons' episode 2F09 (season 6) "Homer the Great". Homer joins a secret society called "The Stonecutters".

If you want to know more about the Masons and the Illuminati, and you're a fan of formulaic, second rate novels, check out Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons".

mariamontreal

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
No , but I think my office manager is !  creepy .......

deco20

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »
The Shriners ride around in the little cars, not the Masons. But one must be a Freemason before one can graduate to a Shriner.

Deco - great summary of the group. It's a frat.

My grandad was a Mason - and he held the highest seat in the lodge (Grand Poo-Bah or whatever....). He tried for years to get my dad to join, but couldn't/wouldn't disclose what the group was about - what they did, what their values were, etc. So my dad said "why would I want to join a group that I don't know what they do and/or stand for?" Made sense to me.

What I found interesting/disturbing/weird was at Grandad's funeral - Just like the family of the deceased is given reserved pews in the church, the Masons also had their own reserved section. And after the service was over, each Mason went up to the casket, one at a time, and placed a spruce tree sprig on the casket and said something like "back to the earth my brother". I just found that kind of creepy, I'm not sure why.

I dated a guy who was being initiated into the Freemasons. He was able to give me a little more information about the group than my grandad did. There is a one year "trial", whereby the inductee can choose to leave the group. He also told me that religion was a forbidden topic but men of all religions were welcome (I truly thought thaqt Catholics were not allowed). In addition to just hanging out, they do a lot of charity work but it's all done anonymously. I'm not sure why he was able to tell me this stuff - maybe the Masons are becoming less secretive in order to attract younger members?

If you want to learn more about the Masons, please go to your local libary and check out the Simpsons' episode 2F09 (season 6) "Homer the Great". Homer joins a secret society called "The Stonecutters".

If you want to know more about the Masons and the Illuminati, and you're a fan of formulaic, second rate novels, check out Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons".

Not less secretive. Such information might not even be secrets in the first place.

I've studied the Freemasons and other secret societies or societies with secrets for quite some time. Its a hobby. Dont judge me. ;D

But these people were truly enlightening and incredible progressive people when they first started out the movements and societies in the past. Like the Freemasons, their approach to esoteric and exoteric knowledge and arts is very interesting.

The more I think of it, I dont think Bono is a freemason. True, history has shown that many powerful and visible figures are freemasons but Bono's a free spirit.

It would be so funny if Bono spouts off Freemason secrets at the 360 shows. That if we assume Bono is a high level freemason.

One thing's for sure, many of the power in the world lie with such societies.