Author Topic: Is Bono a Freemason?  (Read 26664 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Is Bono a Freemason?
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No, women cannot be Freemasons. But I think there is an affliated women's group?

it's called WIVES

;D

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
 ;)

:o

Offline HarlemsAngel94

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • How much air will I Needtobreathe?
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »
I always find it painful to watch these type of videos...

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
Well, one of the problems is people fill in the blanks with their own wild imaginations if there's secrecy surrounding initiation rituals for certain groups.

So people fill in the mystery with their own fantastical stories.

Most people would be highly disappointed if they knew what it was really like.

And I've read some people term it a religion. It's not a religion. It's a fraternal organization that focuses on self reliance and thrift while at the same time giving their brothers a sense of community.

A requirement is that you do have to profess belief in a supreme cosmic being or "force" ;D     but masons welcome folks from different religions.

It must also be said in the 17th and 18th century western world these associations and fraternal organizations provided insurance, charitable projects and perhaps most importantly, orphanages for children.

They are not evil and they don't use mind control.  :o

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 12:48:13 PM »

It must also be said in the 17th and 18th century western world these associations and fraternal organizations provided insurance, charitable projects and perhaps most importantly, orphanages for children.

They still do.

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
I know. I just want to put a little history into the discussion so people don't think all they were doing was trying to take over the world all this time.  ;D

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
I'm a Freemason.

I think I heard that Bono is one...my sons know all about it...I will ask them...

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

Oh God NO. They've got to you as well

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »

Did you just say God , Briscoe  :o   :D   ;)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »

With a capital G? :D

Offline K2

• Refugee
  • light my way
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
My husband is a Freemason, and currently Grand Master of his lodge. He puts up with my U2ism, I put up with his Freemasonry. A fair trade, I'd say!

Just don't expect me to join the Eastern Star ladies. No way. I have enough going on already.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2011, 07:16:13 PM »

i HATE when I forget the "  " marks around her name

Offline kozanno

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
I think it's called The Order of the Eastern Star and you have to be a daughter or wife of a Mason.
A Unity Church I belonged to met in the local Masonic Lodge and they wanted our minister to join. Very nice people, they are devoted to providing medical care for children and they raise the money for their hospitals by riding the little cars and other things at fairs. 

Catholics are forbidden to join, as I understand it, because in order to be a Mason you have to be privy to secrets you cannot reveal and the Catholic Church doesn't approve of that.

Yes, that is what it is called.  My grandmother was a member of the Eastern Star.

You do realize the sign of the Eastern Stars is a pentagram.  The objective of Freemasons is not good, neither r the Shriners. I was asked to join The Eastern Stars but I said NO. I knew they were not good.

Its unfortunate that people are so naive and un-educated before speaking.  Free-masonry is one thing and one thing only - the oldest and largest fraternity on the planet, and like every business or group they discuss their operations behind closed doors.  Some how this has become the "secret society".  The roots of free-masonry got back to when they were actually "masons" and worked with their hands, in which geometry was a staple of the trade.  Pentagrams and other star shaped geometrical symbolism is used all over the craft, from long before our scandalous society invented the satainic bible or Anton Levay preached it.  the "devil" was added to the pentagram a century after it had it good and accepted meanings.  Catholic are completely aloud in the craft as well as every other religion because its a fraternity.  the only stipulation to becoming a Mason is that you believe in a higher power, regardless of what or who that is and how you worship it - in the mind set that if you have a general belief in faith then you may help their world re-known causes of donating billions of dollars to charities and driving great causes.  The shrine are why the children's hospitals exist and kids born un-able to walk in families that can afford to help them, get the most advanced medical treatments known to bring them to running all free of charge.  Its the largest philanthropic society in the world.

there are two things that are not discussed in a freemason lodge - Religion and politics, because the masons simply don't care nor do they want a debate. The lodge is a place for everyone to be equal and enjoy the mentorship of other people.  People that read conspiracy theories and have the will to believe immediately whats out there and let those facts represent themselves will believe that masonry is a religion and its focused on evil doings or ruling the world.  those that care to invest time and figure it out will find the best people they've ever met in their life, they'll donate time to people that appreciate it, and they'll find themselves recognized for their efforts nearly every where on this planet.   Freemasons do not try to get you to worship anything, they are not a group trying to mold society into a religious belief and beyond all they do not support or control any one political party.  There-fore they are not a cult, they are not religion, and they are not the "new world order"

They're a group of guys that have found great friendship in a historically rooted fraternity that go way out of their way to see that other people are getting help and doing well.  Order of Eastern star, York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine, Demoly, Jobs Daughters, Prince Hall and others are all simply appendant bodies with the same mission.  And incase you didn't know.. they're everywhere you go.  But because people not involved get so heated over something they zero education on.. most mason prefer to just let you find out.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »
I think it's called The Order of the Eastern Star and you have to be a daughter or wife of a Mason.
A Unity Church I belonged to met in the local Masonic Lodge and they wanted our minister to join. Very nice people, they are devoted to providing medical care for children and they raise the money for their hospitals by riding the little cars and other things at fairs. 

Catholics are forbidden to join, as I understand it, because in order to be a Mason you have to be privy to secrets you cannot reveal and the Catholic Church doesn't approve of that.

Yes, that is what it is called.  My grandmother was a member of the Eastern Star.

You do realize the sign of the Eastern Stars is a pentagram.  The objective of Freemasons is not good, neither r the Shriners. I was asked to join The Eastern Stars but I said NO. I knew they were not good.

Its unfortunate that people are so naive and un-educated before speaking.  Free-masonry is one thing and one thing only - the oldest and largest fraternity on the planet, and like every business or group they discuss their operations behind closed doors.  Some how this has become the "secret society".  The roots of free-masonry got back to when they were actually "masons" and worked with their hands, in which geometry was a staple of the trade.  Pentagrams and other star shaped geometrical symbolism is used all over the craft, from long before our scandalous society invented the satainic bible or Anton Levay preached it.  the "devil" was added to the pentagram a century after it had it good and accepted meanings.  Catholic are completely aloud in the craft as well as every other religion because its a fraternity.  the only stipulation to becoming a Mason is that you believe in a higher power, regardless of what or who that is and how you worship it - in the mind set that if you have a general belief in faith then you may help their world re-known causes of donating billions of dollars to charities and driving great causes.  The shrine are why the children's hospitals exist and kids born un-able to walk in families that can afford to help them, get the most advanced medical treatments known to bring them to running all free of charge.  Its the largest philanthropic society in the world.

there are two things that are not discussed in a freemason lodge - Religion and politics, because the masons simply don't care nor do they want a debate. The lodge is a place for everyone to be equal and enjoy the mentorship of other people.  People that read conspiracy theories and have the will to believe immediately whats out there and let those facts represent themselves will believe that masonry is a religion and its focused on evil doings or ruling the world.  those that care to invest time and figure it out will find the best people they've ever met in their life, they'll donate time to people that appreciate it, and they'll find themselves recognized for their efforts nearly every where on this planet.   Freemasons do not try to get you to worship anything, they are not a group trying to mold society into a religious belief and beyond all they do not support or control any one political party.  There-fore they are not a cult, they are not religion, and they are not the "new world order"

They're a group of guys that have found great friendship in a historically rooted fraternity that go way out of their way to see that other people are getting help and doing well.  Order of Eastern star, York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine, Demoly, Jobs Daughters, Prince Hall and others are all simply appendant bodies with the same mission.  And incase you didn't know.. they're everywhere you go.  But because people not involved get so heated over something they zero education on.. most mason prefer to just let you find out.

So if I'm an Atheist and a woman I've got no hope of joining this lovely charitable organisation that clearly has no joining prerequisites pertaining to spelling and grammar skills.

Freemasonry is all a bunch of hooey anyway, it's basically a giant drinking club (yeah, think Stonecutters). Also, it is correct that once upon a time the Freemasons and Catholics hated each other, Catholics were not permitted to join; it is different these days.

But we're all forgetting the true victims in this whole thing: the Stonemasons. Yes, the poor blokes that always have to tell chicks at the pub they don't paddle the bums of their mates every Saturday night and that instead they are artisans of stone-craft.   *waits for the "experts" to not get it and point out the bleeding obvious*

hahaha, seriously though, this is one of the funniest threads I've read in ages...and Briscoe, love your work, you're a dead set legend mate! :D

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »

i HATE when I forget the "  " marks around her name

;D