Author Topic: Your ticket battle plan ?  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
Re: Your ticket battle plan ?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 04:45:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
*Taking notes down....*

Now I know all of your plans and will exterminate anyone who gets in my way!!

(not a Dalek  :P)

Can i be the Dalek Sec to your Davros?  :P

You can be the crazy and deformed Dalek Khan  ;D

...works for me...

eurydice

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »
I was thinking about sitting outside the arena and waiting, like in the old days. However, I had good luck online for the last tour...I need to find out if there is WiFi outside the arena. I see a field trip in my future!

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 05:52:31 AM »
Warning for anybody who may be desperate enough to buy from the plethora of unoffical ticket agencies on the net if you find yourself not getting a ticket for this tour.
Their standard practice is to advertise tickets without actually having them!!!!
Once you order they then try to source the tickets so if they don't manage to get your order then they may refund your money but you won't be going to the show !!!
So beware.......

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »
If I can't get tickets on the day they go on sale I will just buy from ebay but only a few weeks before the show AT THE EARLIEST. This way you get best price and you just buy from people who ALREADY have the tickets in hand and can forward them on straight away.  ;)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
For the upcoming tour... I am planning on camping out with a friend overnight in front of a ticket outlet to ensure that i am first in line for tickets the next morning while my mother takes the morning off of work to go online and try to buy tickets that way.   

Does this plan sound like a reasonable one?????

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
Is it really super hard to get tickets? I've never bought tickets more than two months before the date of the concert, so I'm not familiar with the whole scrambling to get tickets as soon as they go on sale thing. Can someone explain to a n00b like me how the process works? Do I really have to camp outside the venue? And it is really impossible to snag GA tickets online with a credit card?

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 05:01:16 PM »
ye don't want to worry you but it can be a nightmare getting hold of U2 tickets. phone lines get clogged up ,computers crash etc,
though on a positive note i have always managed to get through and book tickets both online and on the phones.
And ye GA tickets too.
Usually get some through the fan club then try on the day of release for other venues!
But must admit i am considering the sleep outside the venue option if U2.com don't come good with the pre-sale this time  :(

so good hunting everyone  ;D ;D

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 07:52:13 PM »
Is it really super hard to get tickets? I've never bought tickets more than two months before the date of the concert, so I'm not familiar with the whole scrambling to get tickets as soon as they go on sale thing. Can someone explain to a n00b like me how the process works? Do I really have to camp outside the venue? And it is really impossible to snag GA tickets online with a credit card?

I got GA tickets online to multiple shows for Vertigo.  It really is just timing and luck for the most part, though. 

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »
Online may be possible, but the best routes are going to be smaller shows at less popular locations. I remember buying tickets to Nice last time, about 10 hours after they went on sale!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:11 AM »
Thats a smart approach ASOH.
One luxury we have here in Europe is with an outdoor show of 60-80,000, the chances of getting tickets are far greater than for the equivalent US fan who is among a much larger group of buyers, and in addition chasing much smaller indoor venues that can only hold around 20,000, and thats exactly what happened the last time. GA tickets for the US shows were incredibly difficult to get last time.

Am checking out a multi gig trip to mainland Europe this time(did US last time), Spain, Germany or Italy maybe. It's not just about seeing U2, but seeing a place I haven't been to as well.

Offline PogueBono

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 08:02:31 AM »
They probably won't come to Australia - as usual :(

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »
Standing in line, with my Blackberry, on line.  That should cover it I figure.