Author Topic: U2 references in Movies/TV-Series  (Read 17147 times)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
Re: U2 references in Movies/TV-Series
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The movie I Love You, Man. Paul Rudd talks about U2 and The Joshua Tree.
Funny, I saw part of this fairly recently, but it was at school and got turned off because they deemed it inappropriate. :P Now I wish I had seen the rest

LittleDany

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 07:27:08 AM »
CSI:NY Season 1, Episode 23 - Beautiful Day is played after the opening credits.

Can someone tell me what episode of Cold Case is the U2 one? In Germany I cant see the video so I dont even see a title or something (f***ing industries and their copyright terror)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:28:40 AM by LittleDany »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
I watched Click on Fox last night just to hear Ultraviolet.  ;D

LittleDany

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
CSI:NY Season 1, Episode 23 - Beautiful Day is played after the opening credits.

Can someone tell me what episode of Cold Case is the U2 one? In Germany I cant see the video so I dont even see a title or something (f***ing industries and their copyright terror)
OK, found it - it's 4X14 "8:03 AM"

Offline warboy

• Babyface
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »
1. Entourage - "I Love You Too" (Season 2) - Ari gets Drama tix to see U2 on the Vertigo Tour. The last 2 minutes of the episode are the group of boys at a show during "COBL" and Bono says happy birthday to Drama.

2. Friends - Not sure of the episode but Ross dedicates "With or Without You" to Rachel when he makes a list of her faults and she breaks it off...again.

entourage fro gravy11 ;  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LittleDany

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
2. Friends - Not sure of the episode but Ross dedicates "With or Without You" to Rachel when he makes a list of her faults and she breaks it off...again.

"The One with the list", Season 2, Episode 8

Song shows up again in "The One where Ross and Rachel take a break", Season 3, Episode 15, when they break up

Offline whitecanvasshoes

• Stateless
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 04:20:59 PM »
In the Irish TV series Ballykissangel series 1, episode 3, a band plays at a character's wedding and they call themselves "U3" and their van says "Irish hit factory, one up on theirs." I'm pretty sure it is a joke aimed at U2. I thought it was pretty funny.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
In the Irish TV series Ballykissangel series 1, episode 3, a band plays at a character's wedding and they call themselves "U3" and their van says "Irish hit factory, one up on theirs." I'm pretty sure it is a joke aimed at U2. I thought it was pretty funny.
AHHHH! What episode was that?

Offline whitecanvasshoes

• Stateless
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »

It is the one where Ambrose decides to become a priest but Niamh holds the wedding reception anyway and the band plays at the reception. They never mention the name of the band; they just show the van outside Fitzgerald's with the writing on it. It is from series (season)1, episode 3 and called "Live in my heart and pay no rent."

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
There's a movie from around 1993 which stars Tommy Lee Jones.
I can't remember the title of it but he plays an Irish bomber who's been in prison
in the US. When he gets out he discovers the Joshua Tree which he missed out on when he was
incarcerated.

LittleDany

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »
There's a movie from around 1993 which stars Tommy Lee Jones.
I can't remember the title of it but he plays an Irish bomber who's been in prison
in the US. When he gets out he discovers the Joshua Tree which he missed out on when he was
incarcerated.

It could be Blown Away from 1994.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »

It is the one where Ambrose decides to become a priest but Niamh holds the wedding reception anyway and the band plays at the reception. They never mention the name of the band; they just show the van outside Fitzgerald's with the writing on it. It is from series (season)1, episode 3 and called "Live in my heart and pay no rent."
Oh, now I remember the episode...
I'm surprised to have found someone who's heard of it :D

Offline whitecanvasshoes

• Stateless
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »

I love Ballykissangel. I found it and watched it through netflix. It was really fun.

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »

I love Ballykissangel. I found it and watched it through netflix. It was really fun.

my mom is obsessed with Ballykissangel. She tried to get me into it once, but it didn't take. But in my defense, I was pretty young at the time, hehe

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
In the first episode of 'The Office' (US), Michael Scott lists Bono as one of his heroes.

Also, Gilmore Girls has multiple references throughout the season.

Finally, the last season of The West Wing had all kinds of U2 references, including Janel Moloney's character, Donna Moss, and a few other members of the Santos campaign team freaking out because Bono called and he wants to talk to candidate Santos.

Also, 'Beautiful Day' is played when Matt Santos wins the Presidential election.