Author Topic: The Larry LoveThread  (Read 577634 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Re: The Larry LoveThread
« Reply #7170 on: June 19, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »
Larry would not wave or look at the small crowd assembled as he drove into Washington.  He was waiting a bit for the gate to open, so really not much excuse.  Just stared straight ahead.

Online laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #7171 on: June 19, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
Sorry. But we'll let Larry be Larry.

Introverts are drained by interactions with people and always having to be "on." Extroverts (cough*Bono*cough) are recharged by interactions with people.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7172 on: June 21, 2018, 12:40:08 PM »
Yeah, I get he's an introvert; so am I.  But how much effort does it take to give a quick wave to a group of people who literally waited five hours for an autograph, especially when you  know that the band won't be coming outside that night?

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #7173 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, I get he's an introvert; so am I.  But how much effort does it take to give a quick wave to a group of people who literally waited five hours for an autograph, especially when you  know that the band won't be coming outside that night?

Is this the Larry LoveThread??

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #7174 on: July 09, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »
Who waits 5 hours for an autograph!? Can't say I blame him..

I'm kidding of course. Sort of. I just don't get the mindset of those who think that it is worth dedicating that much time towards another human being with the assumption that they will be happy to see them. Sure it would be nice to shake his hand, but there's no way I'd wait for him knowing what he's like sometimes (which is fine, he's a normal guy). You're just asking to be disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:27:32 AM by Clarky »

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #7175 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:43 AM »

I'm kidding of course. Sort of. I just don't get the mindset of those who think that it is worth dedicating that much time towards another human being with the assumption that they will be happy to see them. Sure it would be nice to shake his hand, but there's no way I'd wait for him knowing what he's like sometimes (which is fine, he's a normal guy). You're just asking to be disappointed.

Yep agree no waiting around by me for anyone lol, way to many other things that I would much rather be doing.  However I do agree that it doesn't take much to wave to your fans because like it or not the millions they are sitting on is a good deal to do because of said adoring fans, most things come at a price.  Lucky Bono and Edge come over as much warmer and friendly!  Larry doesn't have to do much in that department!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7176 on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »
I was waiting for Bono, of course.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #7177 on: July 09, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »

Yep agree no waiting around by me for anyone lol, way to many other things that I would much rather be doing.  However I do agree that it doesn't take much to wave to your fans because like it or not the millions they are sitting on is a good deal to do because of said adoring fans, most things come at a price.  Lucky Bono and Edge come over as much warmer and friendly!  Larry doesn't have to do much in that department!

True, I suppose. However I won't judge him based on someone else's experience. No one knows what's going on in someone else's head. I simply avoid the possibility of that kind of disappointment by not entertaining the thought of getting involved in their lives outside of the music.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7178 on: July 10, 2018, 06:14:37 PM »
I know it sounds ridiculous to wait for someone that long.  But actually we met up with a lot of cool people and were having fun, so it was more along the lines of "let's wait together and chat about some common interests".  I won't attempt to justify it, but Bono has been a huge influence on me and I'd love to get his autograph someday.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #7179 on: July 11, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »
I know it sounds ridiculous to wait for someone that long.  But actually we met up with a lot of cool people and were having fun, so it was more along the lines of "let's wait together and chat about some common interests".  I won't attempt to justify it, but Bono has been a huge influence on me and I'd love to get his autograph someday.

Haha, like in the very old days when one was young and you had to camp out in all weathers for 2 days or more to get decent seats and it would often turn into a party.  I never did as I couldn't be bothered, but I had friends who did and it was a sort of adventure lol!

03/9/81

« Reply #7180 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »

True, I suppose. However I won't judge him based on someone else's experience. No one knows what's going on in someone else's head. I simply avoid the possibility of that kind of disappointment by not entertaining the thought of getting involved in their lives outside of the music.

Yup! And Ditto! They were rehearsing literally a 10 mins drive from my house for the SOE tour. Never went to try and catch a glimpse or an autograph. But been fortunate enough to have been front row w/Bono, blowing me kisses, waving at me etc. It's also happened with 2 other singers, whenever I've been front row. I take it as a compliment, figuring I guess they enjoy seeing a fan singing along,  lost in a song, and dancing to the music.

Larry has his way, drummers, more often then not tend to stay in the background along with bass players.