@U2 HQ > Feedback, Suggestions and Help Desk

Un-automatically sign in

(1/2) > >>

InThisHeartland:
Shared computer, nosy family. How do I stop being always signed in? I just want to be signed in when I put in the name and password

Joe90usa:
Why don't you set up individual profiles for each person using the computer? Each person then logs in as themselves and nobody can access anyone else's stuff.

InThisHeartland:
I honestly don't know how to do that, and it sounds hard. plus, if i make myself a profile, then i will still always be signed in on my family's, right?

StrongGirl:
Heartland...isn't there a box that says keep me signed in for whatever you fill in? Make that blank and be sure you press Log Out in upper right hand corner  just below the @U2 logo on top. That signs you out and you must sign in with your password each time you come back. I have forgotten to log out , so don't forget if you don't want anyone there to come on.

I am certainly not a great person to ask these type of questions, but I think I am correct here. I hope I am  :D!

Joe90usa:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI honestly don't know how to do that, and it sounds hard. plus, if i make myself a profile, then i will still always be signed in on my family's, right?

--- End quote ---

It's not too difficult to set up but if you are not comfortable doing this, it may not be the best answer for you. What happens if you set it up (in Windows XP anyway) is that when you first turn on the computer, each person who has a profile on the computer will be listed on the first page the computer comes to as it starts. Anyone can click on any person's name, but you can password protect the ability to go beyond that screen.

Stronggirl's response may work better for you. I totally forgot about logging out as I never do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version