Author Topic: Bono's "Palestinian Ghandi"  (Read 21421 times)

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
Re: Bono's "Palestinian Ghandi"
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »
This video is extremely sad.  Babies being killed in the crossfire.  But, I don't think that Bono or President Obama can do anything about it.

Fighting in the Gaza Strip has been going on for as long as I can remember. 

Offline AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
Shame on the "journalists" who are propaganda spokesmen for Hamas.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #392 on: November 19, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
Especially for the Zionist. You'll have to kill every single one of them and it still wouldn't be enough for you;

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #393 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »

Hamas and the Israel governments are fighting each other.  Not sure who started what.  Like, I said in a previous post.  This tension has been going on for as long as I can remember.  Decades of it.  Innocent lives have been lost on both sides and sadly, it is always the children who pay the heaviest price.   This thread is intitled "Bono's Palestinian Ghandi."  Sadly, Bono can do nothing in the current situation, no more than I can.  If there is any glimmer of hope from the west, it is a good thing that Obama was re-elected.  Because, I think that more Americans feel he would be better at achieving some kind of diplomacy.  One, can at least hope.

P.S.  The little girl in the above pic reminds me of my grand daughter.  So, I think everyone can understand.  I am greatly disturbed by seeing injured and dead children because of this conflict.  No matter what their ethnic group is.  They don't deserve it.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »
Research each photo because children are still being killed indsicriminently in Syria but shown as Gazan victims.Muslims killing muslims is going on right now in Syria but there are no demonstrations in London, no outcries on the front pages, on the BBC web site etc.Syrian children are worth less attention than Palestinian children?

Hamas have killed children because their rockets fall short onto their own people.They deliberately targeted a kindergarten in Israel & it took a direct hit but, luckily, the school was closed.If Hamas house rocket launchers in & around civilian dwellings, mosques & schools then they are using children as human shields.

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
@ Innisfree, worth reading;
An open letter to the President
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
So, will the zionist be starting a thread for Syrians, her concern is so deep.

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
I'm hearing rumours that Bono is investing in Israeli IT. Tell me I'm wrong. Why does he visit Israel?

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
"People think this 'war' is one-sided. Just because dozens of children have been killed and hundreds injured in Gaza, people don't want to see the chaos this 'rain of rockets' is causing in Israel. Finally, proof. See the scenes of chaos as air raid sirens ring out in Ben & Jerry's factory in southern Israel."

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »
I'm hearing rumours that Bono is investing in Israeli IT. Tell me I'm wrong. Why does he visit Israel?

I don't know about Bono's investments.  But, I have read that he has Jewish Religous ancestry on his mother's side of his family.  I believe the maternal side had immigrated from Poland to Ireland.  Prior to the Holocoust.  Bono is English on his father's side. 

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »

Syria, is a whole different ball game.  It is not the same situation as Israel and Palistine.  Not even close. 

Research each photo because children are still being killed indsicriminently in Syria but shown as Gazan victims.Muslims killing muslims is going on right now in Syria but there are no demonstrations in London, no outcries on the front pages, on the BBC web site etc.Syrian children are worth less attention than Palestinian children?

Hamas have killed children because their rockets fall short onto their own people.They deliberately targeted a kindergarten in Israel & it took a direct hit but, luckily, the school was closed.If Hamas house rocket launchers in & around civilian dwellings, mosques & schools then they are using children as human shields.

Hamas worries me, the Palistinian people, no.  They have families and want to live in peace.  I don't understand all of the politics.  But, I am hoping the cease fire will happen.  They (powers that be) are working on this.  Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton is in the region and trying to assist.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:02:37 PM by Inishfree »

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »
The soundtrack of terror, the sound of the 21st century, the new American century!

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »

I am not comfortable with you calling AliSPfan a "Zionist."   I'm not sure what this word, would mean towards me.  Since, I am not Jewish.  But, in the context of this thread.  I don't think it was a compliment.  I respect her opinion, just as I respect your's.

I have nothing else to post here. 

Peace be with you. 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:40:39 PM by Inishfree »

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »

I am not comfortable with you calling AliSPfan a "Zionist."   I'm not sure what this word, would mean towards me.  Since, I am not Jewish.  But, in the context of this thread.  I don't think it was a compliment.  I respect her opinion, just as I respect your's.

I have nothing else to post here. 

Peace be with you. 

I agree. If the persons only purpose on these forums is to talk bad about Israel and call people who disagree with him zionists then he should be banned.

Offline dhahi

• Stateless
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »
Gerald Kaufman, Jewish member of the British parliament;
"No country in the world could get away so easily with slaughter, destruction and repression as the Israeli government has committed and is committing in Gaza and the West Bank: the blockade of Gaza, the hundreds of checkpoints in the West Bank, the illegal wall built within Palestinian territory on the West Bank, the illegal Jewish settlements - inhabited by half a million - which are entangled almost inextricably on the West Bank, the driving of Palestinians out of Jerusalem so that their population in that city has been amputated exponentially. The world does nothing about these crimes, daunted by the cynical Israeli exploitation of continuing guilt about the slaughter of Jews in the Holocaust."

Not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews.
United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3379, adopted on November 10, 1975 by a vote of 72 to 35 (with 32 abstentions), "determined that Zionism is a form of racism and racial discrimination"

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:09:56 AM by dhahi »