Author Topic: Feature Requests?  (Read 40178 times)

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
Re: Feature Requests?
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
@U2 World Headquarters in Honolulu comes first on the wish list.

It would be in Maui, but otherwise correct. :-)

Okay - when are you recruiting again?  ;)

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »
A few forums offer a "like" feature for posts.  It is an available mod for SMF.  The feature shows the user who (if any) liked their posts.  This feature has a few other subjective benefits... of course to call them benefits is in itself...subjective.

It would eliminate the need for the "+1" replies as well as provide efficient kudos to fellow members who provide exceptional (or populace) content.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2017, 07:07:55 AM »
+1

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »
+1

LIKE LOL

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
On another forum i use it is called 'reputation' and peoples 'rep' score is displayed on their user profile...

For me that would make a good replacement/improvement for the what i think are useless and pointless 'squares' and name things we have here like 'up with the sun' and 3 squares...which are i believe just linked to how many posts a member has made and for some reason in the case of mods and admin they have more squares regardless (one can only assume to signify some kind of 'importance') which in my view is a bit daft....nobody is more important than anyone else on an internet forum and having more sqaures next to your name certainly does not make anyone so....

A 'rep' or liked posts score would be much more useful and relevant about the poster IMO giving a clear view of how that persons contributions to the forum are seen by his/her peers/the rest of the community.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:48:25 AM by an tha »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
Thx an tha. We debated adding that kind of thing a few years ago, but decided

1) it's so easily spammed
2) it opens the door for members who are breaking forum rules to say "oh, but you can't ban me, look at my rep score"

So, no, not interested in adding that. And by the way ...

in the case of mods and admin they have more squares regardless (one can only assume to signify some kind of 'importance') which in my view is a bit daft....nobody is more important than anyone else on an internet forum

Moderators are absolutely more important because they're the ones giving their time freely to try to make sure the forum is an enjoyable place for all to visit. They're the ones with the power to enforce forum rules. If a moderator sends you (or another member) a PM about your forum behavior, that PM is absolutely more important to your future forum participation than any PM you get from a regular forum member.

A few forums offer a "like" feature for posts.  It is an available mod for SMF.  The feature shows the user who (if any) liked their posts.  This feature has a few other subjective benefits... of course to call them benefits is in itself...subjective.

Thx PDK, we'll look into it. We're planning to go through the available mods soon and see what's worth adding. But like I said above, I don't think we'll be interested in any gimmicky stuff that turns the forum into a popularity contest .... or makes it more of one than it already is. ;-)

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »
Thanks M2. I see your point.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
We're planning to go through the available mods soon and see what's worth adding. But like I said above, I don't think we'll be interested in any gimmicky stuff that turns the forum into a popularity contest .... or makes it more of one than it already is. ;-)

If there's a feature in that mod collection that would allow each of us to set a default font for all our posts, I'd love it.   :D

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2017, 03:40:33 AM »
Is it possible to minimize large Quotes? Sometimes there's a large conversation with multiple large quotes and we have all to scroll a lot while we've read them already.

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:57 AM »
We have this at the Live4Ever Oasis forum, but I'd like to see a thread where we can share any thoughts on our mind about U2 and another for thoughts on other bands we like.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
We have this at the Live4Ever Oasis forum, but I'd like to see a thread where we can share any thoughts on our mind about U2 and another for thoughts on other bands we like.

Starting threads is something any of us can do...... :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »
Is it possible to minimize large Quotes? Sometimes there's a large conversation with multiple large quotes and we have all to scroll a lot while we've read them already.

That's not possible, JFW. Sorry.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »

That's not possible, JFW. Sorry.
No problem :). I'll survive

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
+1

LIKE LOL
+3