Author Topic: Report to Moderator Link  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Report to Moderator Link
« on: November 03, 2010, 01:36:47 AM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to point out the "Report to Moderator" link that appears in the lower right portion of each entry here on the forum. We, the moderators, would like you to use this link if you ever feel the need for a moderator to step in and take action on a post or posts here.

As you all likely know, the moderators here are volunteers who have other things going on in their lives as well as helping things to run smoothly. Because of that, none of the moderators are assigned any type of a schedule. We show up here when we can and we're happy to do so. We have found that many people are PMing (Personal Messaging) specific mods (usually due to familiarity) and asking them to handle problems. The issue with that is there is no guarantee that the mod you messaged will be available soon to handle the issue which causes delays in getting attention to the matter at hand. If it's important enough to ask a moderator to take a look at a situation, we'd like you to use the "Report to Moderator" button because it messages every moderator at once and we can get to the issue more quickly this way. It also allows all the moderators to be in the loop when events that require our attention happen.

Again, we're not discouraging PMs to mods for general messages, questions, or friendly banter, but if you need a moderator to step in somewhere on the board and possibly take action, your best bet is to use the "Report to Moderator" button.

Thanks to all of you. Please feel free to leave your questions or comments about this below.

Joe

u2kennesaw,ga

Re: Report to Moderator Link
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
I should of used this yesterday when THE SPAMMER came  :D

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Re: Report to Moderator Link
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
Thanks Joe for reminding us of this. There have been a few times when I've thought "ummmm shouldn't there be a moderator on this?"  - and I do realize that you all have lives and careers other than this forum - but it's still nice to know that this option is here.

Since I'm here - I appreciate the respectful forum that @U2.com is - thank you to all the mods.