Poll

Which group of songs do you think fit better in the Zoo TV set-list?

Bad, Desire & Ultraviolet
Dirty Day, Crashed Car & Lemon

Author Topic: Original Zoo TV vs Zoomerang  (Read 2278 times)

andym

Re: Original Zoo TV vs Zoomerang
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
either or really
but that version of ultraviolet was incredible.

I never saw it live but I saw the other three in new zooland and i would have love to have seen ultraviolet, zootv.

Baby baby baby  light myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeahh.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »
Although I love Dirty Day and Crashed Car, I went with the first choice.

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

About the stage, what I meant is that if you watch any performance from the first leg,
after having seen the Sidney DVD, you'd probably think: "OMG, they've been robbed!".  :D
Like I said, it was pretty bare, for the first shows. By the end of the tour (and of course it has
a lot to do with going from arenas to stadiums) the stage was pretty much "filled" with stuff
(big screens, little screens, ramps, scaffolding, etc).

I've just watched the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast from Yankee Stadium and the Sydney DVD and I still can't see how the stage is any different. ???

There wasn't any difference in scale for the outside concerts you mentioned TD. I guess the difference DrummerBoy meant was probably for the first 2 legs of the tour which were indoors and much scaled down (obviously, or it wouldn't have fitted in the arenas)

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »
What about Numb?

Or ISHFWILF?

Numb clearly only applies to post-zooropa shows. Not sure about ISHFWILF though, I know it is at earlier concerts but does it still show later on?

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 03:17:42 AM »
:P I made it a tie for the moment hahaha

I dunno, both choices are really hard, but I love watching Dirty Day and Lemon (Mr Macphisto FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and that other one that I forgot already haha

satellitedog01

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 03:49:04 AM »
I voted ZooTV but only because those shows were exploding with energy compared to the Zoomerang shows. MacPhisto is a favourite character, but Mirrorball Man worked mirrorcles in the live setting too, and he was raunchy and obscene in a way Mac would never be. I'm glad there were both... Also note that Bono sang in character too, so some songs were a bit less powerful in MacPhisto gear, while MBM was a riproaring maniac.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 06:19:57 AM »
I voted ZooTV but only because those shows were exploding with energy compared to the Zoomerang shows. MacPhisto is a favourite character, but Mirrorball Man worked mirrorcles in the live setting too, and he was raunchy and obscene in a way Mac would never be. I'm glad there were both... Also note that Bono sang in character too, so some songs were a bit less powerful in MacPhisto gear, while MBM was a riproaring maniac.

Hahhaha made me laugh!. Fair point :) I've only based my findings on the dvd and its extras and things, but I still Macphisto for his britishness and snobbery haha. I did love MBM's saying "I have a vision! I HAVE a vision! Television!"

satellitedog01

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 06:49:54 AM »
Yeah! That part was pure manic AWESOMENESS!

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Not walking away... gonna find a better line.
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 07:35:01 AM »

Great word!   :D

satellitedog01

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »
Thanks, but it sounds better than it reads... :-/ :-)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
The first one, with Ultraviolet and Desire
I tied the votes! :D

Offline truthsfate

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »
For me U2 showed some balls and really opened the door to what we would see and hear on the Popmart tour when they added DD/DGPFYCC/L. U2 is at their best when the envelope is being pushed both by song selection and theatrics.

Oh how I miss those days....

You got my vote!