Zoo TV
Lovetown
The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
War
October
Boy
Other Shows

Author Topic: Which U2 Tours Have You Attended  (Read 6440 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Which U2 Tours Have You Attended
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 10:34:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So you got to see 30% of the total performance histories of those two songs.

Hate you! :P

Actually no - 4 times. I buggered it up. 2 x Melbourne, 1 x Sydney 1 x Adelaide.

40% :-)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Boston 1 in 2009 was my first U2 concert...then I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert U2 played at so I counted that as "other shows".  Im going to see 360 again in Philly this year too

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 11:08:36 PM »
Boston 1-BEST.  NIGHT.  EVER.

I never thought that I would ever hear The Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet, or MLK but I did :)

Hearing With or Without You live made my life

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 11:39:18 PM »
Zoo TV (indoor) 3 shows

Zooropa (outdoor) 10 shows

Elevation 2 shows

Vertigo 25 shows

360 1 show

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:59 AM »
Zoo TV  / Zoomerang - Sydney 2 (GA), The 1 that was filmed. My first big rock concert, MIND BLOWING! Camped out to get good seats, but there was a stuff up (seats were sold too far to the rear), so we ended up with GA. So the GA addiction began.

Popmart - Sydney (seated, kinda), as Briscoetheque has previously said, One with the lights off, during a thunderstorm, was bloody brilliant! No GA's, as this was a seated show, but just like Andrew blagged past security & ended up standing against the catwalk. High fived the band (not Larry of course), as they came in beside the catwalk, because of a faulty lemon  ;D

Elevation - Slane 1 (GA), not the DVD, the 1st show. Managed to get 2 tickets in the presale from hell (guess this was the 1st internet sale, & it topped the Vertigo presale for me). Then got another 16 tickets during the general sale, on the phone calling the Irish ticket agencies from London! Guess I may be part of the reason they had to put another show on for the Irish fans ;) Roadtrip! Well plane trip actually. After all that, none of my mates wanted to brave the weather, so I ended up queueing by myself (this has become a regular occurance for U2 shows ever since). Queueing in the rain, only to get sunburnt by the afternoon. Coldplay, Chilli Peppers, 80,000 crazy fans, singing along to every song, Slane Bloody Castle! Prime position, in the heart, 2nd row from the front between Bono & Adam. A Sort of Homecoming (1 of my faves), the only time I've had the pleasure of hearing it live. Bad! 1 day after Bono buried his dad, Kite (by far & away my favourite song off ATYCLB) just blew me away, "I'm a maaannnnnnnnn, I'm not a child!", still sends shivers down my spine. One, with images of Bob Hewson on the screen, as the Buffulo ran, was just as emotional. This has to be the most passionate performance I've ever witnessed, & the crowd really felt a part of it. The fireworks at the end of the show, with the Unforgettable Fire playing in the background. Just around the corner to the B & B I'd booked months in advance, really considering to delay plans to fly back to London for another week (I know I'm greedy).

Vertigo - I only just missed the US shows (would have been my 1st arena shows), but made it back to Oz to see my home shows. Sydney 1 (GA), in the pit up close, a rain shower early to cool us off, nice! Sydney 2 (GA), against Adam's b-stage. Love & Peace or Else, with Bono marching & drumming was brilliant, as was Miss Sarajevo. Plus a brilliant closing version of Kite, backed by the didge.

360 - Phoenix (RZ) , 1st time I've not done (proper) GA, when it was available. RZ was great, & a bargain auction at a show with much lower demand than some of the 'big' shows. Very chilled, but not quite the atmoshere of GA. Vegas (GA/seated), had a VIP pass, so watched the 1st half of the show from the outer circle, then climbed the stairs to see the 2nd half of the show from the very back row on Adam's side. The only time I've seen the CLAW lit up at a distance, spectacular! The Rose Bowl (GA), lining up is always pretty fun, but this was a long hard day, stampede included. Got shafted by 100's of people, you Wa***rs, but still ended up back rail in the pit, & had a great time, with a great friend. Loved the crowd lighting, & the ISHFWILF sing-a-long, even if I'm not a big fan of the song. Vancouver (GA), camped out, in near freezing weather, threatening to rain, with only a trash bag, & a blanket I 'borrowed' from the youth hostel. So worth it! 1st person into the pit from Edges side, & parked myself right in front of Bono. Ultraviolet was soooooooo cool!

Missed the Aussie shows, first time since Zoo  >:( Got tickets to Oakland, Anaheim 1 & 2, & have to get rid of a SLC GA. Bring on June '11!

Offline nobody

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 04:09:43 AM »
Lovetown Tour: Sydney, but I can't remember the exact date...

Zoo TV: Sydney, the first show-without Adam

Popmart:
Sydney

Vertigo Tour
: Dublin, then the disappointment of the postponement of the Aussie leg (for a very good reason). Then Sydney x 3 and Adelaide.

360 Tour:: Las Vegas, Melbourne 1 & 2, Sydney 1 & 2

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 04:10:47 AM »
PopMart x 1
360 x 2

And hopefully more to come!
(I live in periphery...)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 05:50:17 AM »
Unforgettable Fire- 1 show-just simply unforgettable.  March '85 in Toronto, best performance I've seen U2 play.  Just electric.
Joshua Tree-3 Shows-Toronto, Rochester, Detroit-all great shows
Zoo Tv/Zooropa-7 shows-Toronto, Montreal, London-stunning
Popmart-3 Show-Toronto, Pittsburgh-
Elevation-6 shows-toronto, montreal, pitssburgh, miami
Vertigo-10 shows-toronto,montreal, san diego, Dublin
360-8 shows(including  upcoming 2011 shows)- Dublin, toronto, montreal

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »
I'm becoming insanely jealous of all the shows some of you have seen... I feel like such a poor fan in comparison... *whimper* How could I have only gone to one in my over 20 years of being a U2 fan?? What the hell is wrong with me?!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 08:04:32 AM »
Boy- Philly
October Philly
War- MD, Philly (both nights)
TUF- Philly (2 nights), NY
Conspiracy of Hope- Jersey
JT- Over 10 shows, including NYC, Philly, NJ, MA
Zoo- over 15 shows, inside and out- Hershey, Philly (2), NY (2), DC (2) --God I miss being in college!
Pop-under 10, but that includes Vegas, Baby
Elevation-2 Post 9-11 Baltimore show was astounding
Vertigo- 5- NYC, Philly, DC
360- Chicago (2), OK, Vegas, DC. . . so far. . . .

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
So if we should be jealous of anyone it should be Brisco & Bels.

Brisco, LOL @ "dogs bo****ks".

I've mentioned this before but my 1st U2 show last year was kinda a fluke. Won the tix off the radio just bc I was a casual fan & thought I'd give it a go and now I'm official. Almost didnt go bc I had to talk my friend into it bc I hate going alone. 

Bought tix for the 3rd leg show in Miami :)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
Which U2 tours have you attended and what are your memories and thoughts about them?

I've only seen U2 once and that was 360 in Atlanta where Bono was Adam's side THE WHOLE DAMN NIGHT! The best part of the whole experience was getting to spend it with my girls. Yeah, I'm a sap.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:03 AM »
So if we should be jealous of anyone it should be Brisco & Bels.

Brisco, LOL @ "dogs bo****ks".

I've mentioned this before but my 1st U2 show last year was kinda a fluke. Won the tix off the radio just bc I was a casual fan & thought I'd give it a go and now I'm official. Almost didnt go bc I had to talk my friend into it bc I hate going alone. 

Bought tix for the 3rd leg show in Miami :)

Love, no I am just that old. . .

I saw the the first time by fluke as well-- a boyfriend drug me to see them. Actually he drug me to several. By TUF I was the one dragging him.

Mon, you know my thoughts on your expereince.

and I completely envy Zoost-- the boys were in fine form on the Vertigo Tour!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
UF
JT
ZOO TV
Popmart - Columbus, night #2 in Chicago, Detroit
Elevation
Vertigo - night #2 in Detroit

Elevation had the best setlist, but Vertigo was the best performance. I remember hearing on a local radio station the morning of the show I attended that tour personnel were telling people they met that night 1 here beat Milan...and then that night Bono said that show 2 was better than show 1. They were so on it was ridiculous - and the crowd was insane. Top it all off with Bad as the last song of the night, and wow!

#@!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
Boy - 1 in a club in Manhattan

Joshua Tree - East Rutherford - 1

360 - East Rutherford - 1 (will be 2 this July 2011  hopefully if I don 't break my ankle again and Bono doesn't hurt his back again !  :D We are both about the same old age ! Can you tell?! )

I wish I would have seen them in Madison Square Garden. That place is magic when U2 plays there.

My total is small but I've always been about quality, not quantity  ;) 8) :D At least that is what I tell myself !
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:51:49 AM by StrongGirl »