Author Topic: Anyone else not know the lyrics to U2 songs that they've heard 1000s of times?  (Read 17088 times)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • New album? Two words: MORE LARRY!!!
I deliberately sing "you had to cannibalise yourself along the way" in Gone, I know it's wrong, I've never thought it was right, but somehow I started singing and just keep doing it LOL :D

Offline Starr :)

• Babyface
  • Burning desire
If someone forced me to recite the lyrics to any U2 song, I couldn't do it... Whenever a song is playing on the radio or I'm listening it on my iPod, I could sing it... It's just weird! I guess I don't have much experience singing songs on my own and I rely on someone to sing it with me...

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • New album? Two words: MORE LARRY!!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If someone forced me to recite the lyrics to any U2 song, I couldn't do it... Whenever a song is playing on the radio or I'm listening it on my iPod, I could sing it... It's just weird! I guess I don't have much experience singing songs on my own and I rely on someone to sing it with me...

I'm the same, I know every word to many songs (not just U2), but ask me to sing it straight out without music and I couldn't do it.

Offline Nilwi

• Babyface
I've never gotten the end of Another Time, Another Place" and I've never seen a transcript either. I am not talking about the outro, but the part just before  "we lay another time and another place"

I've heard live versions, but the lyrics don't seem to match what is sung on Boy - anyone who has got a clue?

El

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
For the longest time, I could never understand the, "see the tuna fleets clearing the sea out" in Beautiful Day. I thought he said chuna feet  :P

Nanda360

I've heard Breathe a handful of times but I'm not comfortable to recite the lyrics if someone ask me

Offline skelter

• Numb
  • Drowning is no sin
I love, but cannot figure out the climax to Mercy (studio version). The art where atu2.com lyrics' says:

I, I can't escape myself
 I'll hear you talk
 Fear nothing
 I fear nothing
 Fear
 How can someone fear nothing
 How can someone fear nothing

Is it feel or fear? I swear I don't hear Bono sing 'how can someone...' at all!

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I am not invisible
I would love to learn all of the lyrics to Numb. I've heard it hundreds of times and still can recite only a handful of lines. :D

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes

I'm the same, I know every word to many songs (not just U2), but ask me to sing it straight out without music and I couldn't do it.

I know, its like once the music is on its like a que....but without it, yeah some i couldnt remember it all...

Offline The Exile

• Elevated
  • Exile, it's a small price to pay for bliss....
I swear that Bono, in Hallelujah Here She Comes, sings "I know where the busy go; I know she got a rhythm on a boat." I have thought this since I first bought the Desire 7" in 1988, and I plan to continue thinking this until I die.

PS - I even queued it up for you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
I've heard Breathe a handful of times but I'm not comfortable to recite the lyrics if someone ask me
Its a pretty awkward set of lyrics though

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
In Lemon I always thought he said "she's gonna make you whisper at home" but apparently it's, "she's gonna make you whisper and moan"  :P

Offline The Exile

• Elevated
  • Exile, it's a small price to pay for bliss....
I swear that Bono, in Hallelujah Here She Comes, sings "I know where the busy go; I know she got a rhythm on a boat." I have thought this since I first bought the Desire 7" in 1988, and I plan to continue thinking this until I die.

PS - I even queued it up for you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Actually upon further listening, I realized that what Bono says is that "she got a rhythm on a goat," not a boat. Glad that's sorted!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
"We'll go driving in Blackpool" at the end of The Playboy Mansion.

I thought it was because it's a Popish kind of town.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
"We'll go driving in Blackpool" at the end of The Playboy Mansion.

I thought it was because it's a Popish kind of town.
When I first heard the lyric, I thought it was "We'll go driving in the pool"- which is what it is, but I refused to believe it for a long time because I couldn't think of how anyone can drive in a pool.