Author Topic: I AM: The Sequel  (Read 393359 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: I AM: The Sequel
« Reply #9915 on: January 09, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »
I am hoping everyone got out of the fire safely...the old cities near us always have those creepy fires in the overnight hours..keep working hard mon...

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #9916 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:35 AM »
I AM happy to be alive, living where I do, with the person I love.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #9917 on: January 14, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am coordinating two simultaneous home fires right now. I am hating winter with a passion! The only upside is that the roads have actually cleared up so that we can respond.

What does that entail?

First, I call down volunteers to find caseworkers who can go to the fires with water, coffee and snacks for the fire fighters and blankets and toys for the families. Notifying the Incident Commanders of our ETA and to get the best location for the volunteers to meet with the families and provide casework.

Then I notify the local chapter executive, the Regional Director, Public Affairs, and Development (fundraising) and send out all of the necessary forms. Luckily, neither of those fires resulted in injuries or fatalities so I didn't have to notify as many people or send as many forms.

After the volunteers clear the scene, I review the casework to make sure it was completed according to financial controls and that appropriate assistance was given. I call the volunteers to thank them and see how they are doing because some of these cases can be quite emotionally draining, especially for the new responders.

And then I go to bed because it's usually about 2am.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #9918 on: January 14, 2017, 09:39:26 AM »
I am coordinating two simultaneous home fires right now. I am hating winter with a passion! The only upside is that the roads have actually cleared up so that we can respond.

What does that entail?

First, I call down volunteers to find caseworkers who can go to the fires with water, coffee and snacks for the fire fighters and blankets and toys for the families. Notifying the Incident Commanders of our ETA and to get the best location for the volunteers to meet with the families and provide casework.

Then I notify the local chapter executive, the Regional Director, Public Affairs, and Development (fundraising) and send out all of the necessary forms. Luckily, neither of those fires resulted in injuries or fatalities so I didn't have to notify as many people or send as many forms.

After the volunteers clear the scene, I review the casework to make sure it was completed according to financial controls and that appropriate assistance was given. I call the volunteers to thank them and see how they are doing because some of these cases can be quite emotionally draining, especially for the new responders.

Interesting to hear what you are doing on a day like that. What a
strong woman you are Monicalea!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #9919 on: January 14, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
I am cursing out my printer.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #9920 on: January 14, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »
hey marsgirl,

i am needing a chocolate fix.....

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #9921 on: January 14, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »

What does that entail?

Oh, please, I made a bunch of calls and wrote a bunch emails. My volunteers are the ones who are strong. They were the ones putting blankets around the families and pouring coffee for the fire fighters. I am just the one who makes sure they have the stuff to do all that.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #9922 on: January 14, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »
hey marsgirl,

i am needing a chocolate fix.....

Hey, Ocean! I am glad to see you!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #9923 on: January 15, 2017, 05:42:35 AM »

What does that entail?

Oh, please, I made a bunch of calls and wrote a bunch emails. My volunteers are the ones who are strong. They were the ones putting blankets around the families and pouring coffee for the fire fighters. I am just the one who makes sure they have the stuff to do all that.
Too modest, you're ok Monicalea!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #9924 on: January 15, 2017, 05:43:21 AM »

What does that entail?

Agreed...you are a fine person. Doing a wonderful job.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #9925 on: January 16, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »

What does that entail?

Agreed...you are a fine person. Doing a wonderful job.

Well, I am certainly blushing!

Offline Madra-mor

• Stateless
« Reply #9926 on: January 18, 2017, 05:07:20 AM »
I am waiting for springtime  :)

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #9927 on: January 18, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »
I am waiting for springtime  :)
Oh yeah !

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #9928 on: January 20, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »
I am very happy today. :)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #9929 on: January 20, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
I am very happy today. :)
I am happy that John is back, only so that an tha will stop whining...giggle