Author Topic: Weird U2 Dreams  (Read 21267 times)

Offline Quenchable Thirst

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • It's a private show, no one else's gonna know
Re: Weird U2 Dreams
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
Funny thread!

A few months ago I dreamed I was recording a new album with U2 in their studio :P I can just sing, so it was some sort of duet with Bono. Just to get even more awkward, Bono and Edge were dressed in their PopMart style, like when they appeared in the Simpsons episode. I never actually liked what they wore there :P

My subconscience can sometimes be a pest...

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
I had a dream the other night that Larry was a foreign exchange student at my mom's house and was there when I went home to visit for the holidays.

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a dream the other night that Larry was a foreign exchange student at my mom's house and was there when I went home to visit for the holidays.

Hahhahahahhahaaaaaa.  So that would make him your (host)brother.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
I feel left out. IF I've had one, and I'd love to, I don't remember it!  :'(

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »
I feel left out. IF I've had one, and I'd love to, I don't remember it!  :'(

I've had a few - some I can't remember long enough to share with you and the others...  well... 

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Not walking away... gonna find a better line.
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 04:13:20 PM »

I've had some dreams of U2 playing a small show,
and me being able to go backstage and see them.

But there was a very special dream once...

I was going through a really sad time, and I kept watching
the "Stuck in a Moment" clip, because it somehow made me think things would get better.

One day I was so sad, that I literally asked God, if he could send
someone to help me "get up", just like Edge does with Bono (in the video).

That VERY NIGHT, I had a dream in which Edge appeared, and he stayed with me
for a while, just listening to me and being a "good friend", just being there for me.

At one point we were driving a car, going somewhere, and I suddenly realised
that I was feeling a lot better already, and felt like I was making him waste very precious time...
Someone else might be needing him, and he probably had tons of other things to do.

The moment I had that feeling,
the moment I thought "That's enough, thank you Edge",
that's when the dream ended.

I'm not making this up, that's exactly how it was.
And, to this day, I'm very grateful for that dream.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

I've had some dreams of U2 playing a small show,
and me being able to go backstage and see them.

But there was a very special dream once...

I was going through a really sad time, and I kept watching
the "Stuck in a Moment" clip, because it somehow made me think things would get better.

One day I was so sad, that I literally asked God, if he could send
someone to help me "get up", just like Edge does with Bono (in the video).

That VERY NIGHT, I had a dream in which Edge appeared, and he stayed with me
for a while, just listening to me and being a "good friend", just being there for me.

At one point we were driving a car, going somewhere, and I suddenly realised
that I was feeling a lot better already, and felt like I was making him waste very precious time...
Someone else might be needing him, and he probably had tons of other things to do.

The moment I had that feeling,
the moment I thought "That's enough, thank you Edge",
that's when the dream ended.

I'm not making this up, that's exactly how it was.
And, to this day, I'm very grateful for that dream.
I believe in angels and concurrent spiritual realms, so I'd say the angel appeared to you as Edge.

Terrific story. Thanks for sharing.

God is good all the time!

Spannisheyes

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Two days ago, i woke up from a really weird dream where i met all the band-members on the bus. The only thing i remember from the dream was that i said " I love you very much" before i left.   ::) When i woke up i realized how stupid that was......  :-[

northstarjo

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2012, 06:03:55 AM »
okay, this isn't exactly a weird dream, but I did dream of U2 last night - I got Adam's autograph while he sat outside some stadium with a bunch of crew guys.  It's like it was all set up for a fan autograph session but he was all by himself.  So I got out of my car, got the autograph (Adam was NOT very friendly in the dream) and by the time I came back with some friends the place was lined up around the block for miles because the rest of the band had arrived.  (WHY exactly I left, I have NO idea  ::)) Then the line-up started moving really fast and we were sooo excited - getting closer to Bono  ;)........only we never did make it to the front before Bono, Larry and Edge went inside for the show!   :'(   ;D

although, I'd probably be happy with this in real life, since we barely even saw Adam when they were here in May - except that he was so grouchy in the dream!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:03:24 AM by northstarjo......all is quiet on New Year's Day »

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
I had a dream the other night,Edge and me worked in an oilrig. I mean,come on! Oilrig!?Where did that come from? ::) I remember he wore red overalls,like in Sellafield invasion photos.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:01:14 AM by yellowhat »

Offline stuc

• Stateless
  • I can't change the world but .....
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
When single and young, I used to go to sleep with U2 on in background and had a whole load of various U2 based dreams.  Most memorable waa being around a table having dinner with the band, felt incredibly real then and still does today.  It had though a sort of last supper feel to it which surely only plays into Bono's messiah complex even more... ;)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
It was last night, and it was awesome:

U2 is playing some some charity gig that involves a) being outside and b) me sitting on the grass about three feet from the stage.  For whatever reason, Bono is really disengaged from the audience and the show and at the end of a good but really short main set, everyone doubts if we'll get an encore.  As the band exits the stage, Adam hops of the front and starts walking toward me.  I'm crying because I really want an encore.  He asks what's wrong and I explain that I've loved the show and they're my absolutely favorites.  He seems moved and asks what I'd like to hear for the encore.  [Dream-telling pause: I don't know how I'd answer this question in my awake life.  It would depend on the set, the theme of the show, and so much that wasn't really clear in my dream.]  I tell Adam I'd love to hear Bad because "over 12 years and 6 shows, I've never seen it played live." 

Dear sweet Adam hugs me and says, "Oh I think that can be arranged.  We can manage that." 

But I woke up before the encore.  ::)

Offline jtdockter

• Babyface
  • Taking steps that make me feel dizzy
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
I had a dream that U2 was a surprise musical guest at a local auditorium opening up that boasted the best sound system in the world. My mom is not a U2 fan--or rather, not a Bono fan-- but she didn't know that they were the musical guest so we went to see who was playing. When Larry, the Edge and Adam started playing, the sound brought the whole audience to tears, it was SO good. It was truly magnificent (no pun intended). But then Bono started singing and my mom said, "Ugh! I can't stand his singing." So she got up, walked over to the sound system and unplugged everything and walked out like she had just accomplished something. The audience sat in stunned disbelief. The weird part is... I wouldn't put it past my mom to do that in real life haha.

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
I recently started grad school, and with 4 kids and a full time teaching job already, I've been suffering from a lot of mom guilt. Last week, I dreamed I had won tickets to some event that U2 were attending and our seating was right near theirs. I was there with all of my kids (no clue where hubby was, probably working as usual). The band walked by us on the way in and I'm trying to maintain my composure while my 2.5 year old son is climbing all over me like a little monkey. He does this through the whole event, and I am just exasperated and embarrassed. The event ends and as the band leaves, Bono (whom I adore) stops directly in front of me and says, "Been watchin' ya all evening and you're a good mum!" Then he is whisked off by his security guys leaving me completely speechless. It was at that point my 5:15 alarm sounded. Talk about affirmation! If only I could get him to tell me that in the real world.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »
I had a dream last night. It was sort of scary in a sense but exciting too. I was in an office building, maybe at work?, and a person came in saying that Bono was injured and they were bringing him into the building. Larry and Adam were with him. As they were working on Bono, I went into another room with Larry and Adam. Adam was watching a video and I was playing games with Larry. When it was time for Bono to be transported by ambulance, Larry took me with him to see Bono off. I think my alarm went off at that point. I hope the dream wasn't a premonition! :-\