Author Topic: Weird U2 Dreams  (Read 21266 times)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
Re: Weird U2 Dreams
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Last night in my dream, Bono was working some kind of coat check booth.  He was wearing a skintight shirt with long sleeves from the Pop era, but it was actually a shirt I remembered Adam wearing, not Bono.  As I took him my coat (because hey, he was working the coat check) I became embarrassingly starstruck and started stroking his forearms.  "I'm sorry," I told him, "It's just that I remember you wearing something like this on a poster I had as a teenager."

"It's okay," he assured me, "I have that poster too." 

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
:D :D :D :D Now that ^ was funny!

I had a weird U2 dream recently. It was actually a dream within a dream, and I dreamed I was inside Adam's dream. ??? And he and Larry were there and kept running away from me, but I kept chasing them because everyone chases me in dreams so I felt like giving someone else that treatment. Oh yeah, and there was also this random woman they seemed to be trying to protect. It would have been more normal (at least, as normal as dreams can be) if I hadn't been dreaming about being in Adam's dream... I woke up wondering if I'd somehow performed inception when I was sleeping. :D

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »
I heard a whole new U2 song in my dream last night, clear as anything. Unfortunately I can't remember much about it now, apart from that it was about a woman, and Bono's vocals were quite good!

Love this thread, I always enjoy reading about dreams. :D There are some really funny ones on here, and several that are very similar to ones I've had in the past!

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
This is like my perfect thread, I have the weirdest dreams ever  :P

Last night I dreamed there was some sort of mystery in my house (of what, I can't remember) and I was a detective so I finally found out Bono was the culprit and I got in a car chase with him and Rattle and Hum Adam who was throwing bananas at me  ???

Offline Taco

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I like tacos
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
I have had many.
Some of the ones I most remember were...

Bono was my school bus driver
The Edge was randomly roaming my neighborhood, but he was running and I couldn't catch up to him (that was sort of a nightmare.)
And my school went on a field trip to a U2 360 concert.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »
A while back I had a dream that I was shopping for clothing, and kept looking for a gold jacket. I found one and put it on while exclaiming "I look like HIM!" ("him" being Mr. MacPhisto). When I woke up I thought, "Where's that gold jacket I bought last night? I want to wear it..."

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
I'll go transfer these over from another thread where I first mentioned them...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Once again, somone has stolen my thread idea... or maybe it's been around for a while. Anyway, I can only remember one U2 related dream-
Taylor Swift and Bono got married and my family was invited to the wedding, but the bride and groom never showed up. It was creepy and made NO sense.

I had one with all the band members in it last night, but I don't remember it very well. I do know that I was in this very huge, noisy room and U2 was sitting at a table, and I was talking to all of them and got their autographs. Maybe it was a wish fullfillment dream.

I had another U2 dream last night. I dreamed that I was a concert that was a cross between the 360 tour and the Joshua Tree tour and I was called up on stage. I don't know why, but then Edge told me to lie down on the stage so I did, and then my sister came up and (crazy sounding alert) Larry kissed her on the lips. Then she was freaking out about that. Then people started trying to get me off the stage. It was weird, and sounds embarrassing now.

Oh, and once, before I'd actually seen U2 live, I dreamed that I was at the concert and I stopped on the way to my seat to get a drink of water. I drank and while I was drinking, Bono walked by... only he wasn't the Bono we know today, he was Vertigo era Bono with ugly long hair. I remember thinking, "What happened to him?!"

• Elevated
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
A while ago I had one of the classic 'private concert by U2' dreams. I still wish it was real  ::)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
I've never had that kind of dream. :(

If I did I'd make them play One Tree Hill and Staring At The Sun over and over.

mariamontreal

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
When single and young, I used to go to sleep with U2 on in background and had a whole load of various U2 based dreams.  Most memorable waa being around a table having dinner with the band, felt incredibly real then and still does today.  It had though a sort of last supper feel to it which surely only plays into Bono's messiah complex even more... ;)
That is very wierd I had that same dream a while ago I was sitting at a very big table with the band  eating and drinking ( even though i don't drink) and laughing and having a real good time . Spooky

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
Here is an odd one: A friend of mine posted this on my Facebook timeline: "Last Night's Dream - U2 announced that they were going to perform surprise concerts in random remote areas. They hired you to fly a helicopter during the concerts and shine your helicopter spotlight on the band. You have some mad helicopter piloting skills. I am very impressed!"

So now other people are dreaming about me and U2. No, I do not fly helicopters.

• Elevated
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
^haha, that happened to me too! My friend came up to me one day and said she had a dream that I married one of the guys from one direction  ???  and he got me into a private U2 concert and I got to meet U2, So minus the marring the guy from one direction, it was a pretty sweet dream

Offline stuc

• Stateless
  • I can't change the world but .....
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Most memorable one I had was about 10 yrs ago I think and it was the band and meeting sitting around a wooden table in a dark sort of pub....

• Elevated
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
Last night I had a dream that Edge lost his cellphone and I found it, so I had to chase him down on a train to give it back. When I finally found him he asked if I also had his guitar and I said no. Then he told me that it was at my house  ??? (which was strange casue he had never been to my house....) so I went back to my house with him and there was a pile of 10,000 guitars that we had to search through. We couldn't find it so Bono had to come and help us search. We finally found his guitar in the pile and then he flew off on his tour plane. It was kinda strange...

Offline xXStarXx

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Only love can leave such a mark
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
^
I would've loved to have that dream.  :P