Author Topic: Arts and Crafts corner  (Read 3713 times)

eurydice

Re: Arts and Crafts corner
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »
Illustration for Oscar Wilde's Salome (unfinished self-portrait). This is what I should be working on instead of making U2 necklaces and hanging out here.

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
Come on eurydice, the U2 necklaces helps to inspire your deeper art!!

Your work on witches is amazing - thanks for sharing. This is a great way to share your talent. Do your students get involved with community art shows?

OTH - your tree picture is beautiful and spoke to me right away. I have hundreds of digital photos of trees. Most of them are trees without leaves as that is the image that is inside of my brain and I am drawn to. Not sure what that may mean, but I love the idea of using the photo with the lyric!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
Here is another image I did this past year, I took a digital painting class, it is done in pastels (digital pastels, you don't have to clean anything up afterwards that way ;D)

eurydice

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »
Digital pastels? Please explain...

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Digital pastels? Please explain...
This might be long?  I am not sure what direction I want to go in with my graphics design degree, I lean towards Photography because I studied Commercial Photography in the past, but I was very old school when I started back to college 3 years ago.  ( I mean I can't believe how computerized everything is!)

I took a new class the dean was introducing, it is digital painting, it is using the software Corel Painter X and a wacom tablet (which is like using a pen or paint brush or pencil instead of a mouse so you have so much control, also the tablet has pressure points unlike a mouse and so you can create the effect of strength or force of your tool ie brush and such)  Then you have unlimited amount of combonations of mediums, such as watercolor, oils, pastels, chalk, marker, you can control your brush size, style even down to choosing how many bristles you want on your brush and how long!  It is pretty crazy!!  I loved this software. One of the cool things is you can do here what you can't do in traditional art forms which is mix mediums, such as Chalk and watercolor. 
I have some websites for art galleries of artists that create images this way, you would never know it wasn't created in a traditional manner.

Ok that is the long of the short of it,

trying to post another image, but i can't get it small enough?  still working on it

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 06:17:50 PM »
ok got it, whew I didn't realize how big my image was I created with the intention to print it on a large canvas.

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
Wow!  What a talented group!  Be proud of yourselves!

The Police/Sting are #2 on my list!

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »
Eurydice, thanks for posting the other images.  I'm  using one in my director's presentation tomorrow.

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
Eurydice, love the one from Salome.  Figure drawing was my favorite class, but I don't do it often anymore - no access to a model, and it's really hard to draw your own back!  Mine were always in charcoal, but the vibrancy of your colors is wonderful.  And the pansy, too, OTH!  Back in the mid nineties when I took those classes, digital artwork was a relatively new thing, and the programs were frustratingly limiting - and we had to save our projects on a floppy disk! :D  Things have come a long way since then.

eurydice

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Eurydice, thanks for posting the other images.  I'm  using one in my director's presentation tomorrow.

How did that go, btw?

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
OTH and Eurydice--very impressive!
OTH that software sounds very, very fun.

Here is the limit of my painting capabilities.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:11:39 AM by whitewave »

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:01 AM »
I'm impressed, whitewave!  I especially like the first one, it's right up my alley, as are the photographs you posted in another thread -beautiful imagery, well done. :)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
Thank you Excavation-- and it was an alley, very pretty and I can definitely understand why artists love the area.
The second one was driven off of a poem I wrote and I actually gave to my daughter for a confirmation gift.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:52:54 PM by whitewave »

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »
This is FANTASTIC thread you guys...glad you all are enjoying the 'Poetry Corner' thread i started last month. I'm artist myself..craftwork too. Thank again for starting this cool thread.  Gypsy.

.ps: my speciality is beaded necklaces/bracelets. I cross-stitch and color floss bracelet make as well. ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:33:00 AM by Sunflower Gypsy »

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
Welcome Gypsy!  We haven't been quite as popular as your poetry thread (which I love!), but there are definitely some talented people here.  Feel free to post pics of any of crafts, I love hand made jewelry.

Whitewave, where is your alley?  It looks like southern Europe or western US to me, two of my favorite places.

We had some nasty weather the other day, and lost power for about a day and a half, but had the most beatiful rainbow between downpours.  I'm not much of a photographer, but you can't take a bad picture of something like this: