Author Topic: Arts and Crafts corner  (Read 3789 times)

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
Re: Arts and Crafts corner
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 11:18:49 AM »
*blushing with thanks* Glad you like the Poetry Corner...it's turned out to be a pretty cool thread. As for my craftwork pics..until i can size them down..I may not be able to post them. But I may decide to load them at photobucket and provide a link for those who wish to view them. As soon as I can..I'll get them posted somewhere. ttys Gypsy

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Eurydice, thanks for posting the other images.  I'm  using one in my director's presentation tomorrow.

How did that go, btw?

It went well, thanks for asking.  The cast and crew really got a sense of the show and its themes and where I want to take it.  Thanks again for the images.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 04:41:32 AM »
How about someplace bright and sunny to give a break from the snow?  A Greek island, perhaps?

I love this one excavation. I had the same dream a few times in my life, about 3 different places. I haven't found any of them yet, but one time in 1992 it felt very very close. I was walking down the street with a friend in a city I've never been before, we turned into a small street and suddenly I felt chills running up my spine. It was a narrow street with stone buildings on both sides, late afternoon, lots of shades of yellow, brown and orange. Close, but it wasn't it.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
Pretty rainbow excavation.  Somewhere I have a pic of a double rainbow.  They are so very pretty!  The alley is by Picasso's house in Cap d'Antibes.  I was there a few years ago.  There is just something very special about the light in that part of the world.

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »
For those who want to see my beaded work..pm for a link to my Flickr page...if I haven't pm'd ya yet.  Gypsy..ps: i added a pic of me..so ya can see who you've been chattin' with. :)

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 02:37:59 AM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated my Flickr page with a collection of my artwork. It's a collection I call...'Spirit Of A Rainbow' If you don't have the link and would like to see me page of craftwork and artwork..feel free to pm me. Gypsy

* updated *Ps: The link to my flickr page is on my profile here at the forum.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:34:21 PM by Sunflower Gypsy »

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
Gypsy,  finally got around to looking at your Flickr page - love the beadwork!  The gold and amber one especially is calling my name :)  I wish I had the patience for such things.

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
*blushing in thanks* ;D Thank you for your kind words...crafts and artwork are passion of mine. I've been doing crafts since i was 15yrs old(almost 22yrs of doing it) and I've been doing art for about 25yrs. Glad ya liked the amber and gold one. I keep supplies of beads and such on hand all the time. These pics are ones I did about 6 years ago. I'm going to start working on some...as soon as i can get them done..I'll post pics of them. And if i do more artwork or other craftwork..i'll post them as well. ttys Gypsy

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »
Looking forward to it, Gypsy :)

How about someplace bright and sunny to give a break from the snow?  A Greek island, perhaps?

I love this one excavation. I had the same dream a few times in my life, about 3 different places. I haven't found any of them yet, but one time in 1992 it felt very very close. I was walking down the street with a friend in a city I've never been before, we turned into a small street and suddenly I felt chills running up my spine. It was a narrow street with stone buildings on both sides, late afternoon, lots of shades of yellow, brown and orange. Close, but it wasn't it.
Thanks!  Now you've got me searching my pics for one of just such a place.  Looking to lose my way through the side streets and the alleyways...

Pretty rainbow excavation.  Somewhere I have a pic of a double rainbow.  They are so very pretty!  The alley is by Picasso's house in Cap d'Antibes.  I was there a few years ago.  There is just something very special about the light in that part of the world.

I agree! Mediterranean blue is my favorite color, can you tell?

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Gypsy!  I really like Jazzy Delight.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 08:38:52 PM »
Excavation-- that is exactly the color!

Here's a drawing I am finally decided is done.

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
*Blushing with thanks* Thanks WW..Glad ya liked my latest sequin box addition(Jazzy Delight)..if I make more and finish them..I'll post them at flickr. That goes for artwork or beaded work too. Gypsy

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:03 PM »
*Blushing with thanks* Thanks WW..Glad ya liked my latest sequin box addition(Jazzy Delight)..if I make more and finish them..I'll post them at flickr. That goes for artwork or beaded work too. Gypsy

You are so talented Gypsy! Beautiful work. SG

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
Thanks Twin...sorry I haven't been poppin' in tonight..it's gettin' late. I'll check in with ya tomm. ttys. Gypsy

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
Gypsy, be sure and keep us updated!

Very nice whitewave.  Is that your dog?  Mine won't be still long enough to take her picture, let alone a sketch.  She'll be two this summer, I'm hoping she ougrows the puppiness soon! 

It's funny, I always associate that blue with the Greek islands, but I guess it truely is a Mediterranean blue.