Author Topic: Arts and Crafts corner  (Read 3746 times)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
Re: Arts and Crafts corner
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gypsy, be sure and keep us updated!

Very nice whitewave.  Is that your dog?  Mine won't be still long enough to take her picture, let alone a sketch.  She'll be two this summer, I'm hoping she ougrows the puppiness soon! 

It's funny, I always associate that blue with the Greek islands, but I guess it truely is a Mediterranean blue.

Your puppy will outgow that stage soon enough-- mine, well it helped that she was sleeping..

Here are a couple examples of the blue that is in the mediterranean, it is way different than that of Mexico,Pacific and Atlantic. Painting can't quite capture it.
I haven't been to Greece-- but that truly is not far away.

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
Gypsy, be sure and keep us updated!

Very nice whitewave.  Is that your dog?  Mine won't be still long enough to take her picture, let alone a sketch.  She'll be two this summer, I'm hoping she ougrows the puppiness soon! 

It's funny, I always associate that blue with the Greek islands, but I guess it truely is a Mediterranean blue.

Your puppy will outgow that stage soon enough-- mine, well it helped that she was sleeping..

Here are a couple examples of the blue that is in the mediterranean, it is way different than that of Mexico,Pacific and Atlantic. Painting can't quite capture it.
I haven't been to Greece-- but that truly is not far away.

I know what you mean about trying to capture that blue - I don't think any painting or picture could ever do it justice -  you just have to be there.  I keep trying, though!  And I would highly recommend Greece if you get the chance.  They like Americans, - everyone has a cousin who drives a cab in Chicago, or and uncle with a gyro shop in Flagstaff - and it's cheaper than the south of France, though your chances of running into the boys are greatly decreased. ;) 

And the dog isn't that bad, but we think she may have some husky in her - she loves to run!  If she doesn't get enough, all of us get covered in muddy paw prints as a protest.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
*bump*

I think I can actually do this!   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:D

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
that would be cool to do imaginary friend..... :)

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 08:16:53 AM »
I collected pine cones and i have glitter so i may do a school like craft and
make ornaments, they actually look cool on the tree at night when they sparkle!

Online northstarjo

• Holy Joe
  • I've got your life inside of me...
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 08:20:17 AM »
*bump*

I think I can actually do this!   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:D

I think this project goes beyond the title "arts and crafts" ;). . . but wow!!!  That looks fantastic!

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »
I collected pine cones and i have glitter so i may do a school like craft and
make ornaments, they actually look cool on the tree at night when they sparkle!
That's cool! I have been doing something similar. I collected a bunch of pine cones and I've started painting them white and layering metallic paint on them to make decorations.

Some photography:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »
horsefly, excellent shots....please show more when you get the chance!

yes, crafting is really relaxing and fun if you find the right one to do...
i like buying small birdhouses and then attaching little small sticks and bark
and they end up looking like mini log cabins, or maybe river rocks and pebbles
for a stone house birdhouse.... ;)

• Desert Rose
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2012, 04:31:39 AM »
Thanks. :)

This, my friends, is a pegazorsicorn:

It is probably the best model I've made so far. I am no longer in possession of it, but took lots of pics before giving it away... I gave it to some boy I liked, who later kind of (really) let me down. I almost regret it at times... That boy had better think about me. A lot. lol
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:33:30 AM by Thehorsefly [whinny!] »

• Desert Rose
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
I have got to make another pegazorsicorn.

• Desert Rose
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2013, 02:55:15 AM »
  I'm going to attempt to make some rubber molds of some models I've made. Hope it works... :/  I really want to be able to make enough sculptures to sell and make some extra pocket money.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 07:06:18 PM »
I love the photos of and ideas about the crafts.  I enjoy crochet and embroidery. 

Horsefly, you second photo looks almost black and white.  The art of photography.  I took some course for my art degree.  Easier to process in the dark room, but much more difficult with subject matter.  I loved your photo, soft use of color.  It was like looking through a window to nature. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:19:36 PM by Inishfree »

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »
  I'm going to attempt to make some rubber molds of some models I've made. Hope it works... :/  I really want to be able to make enough sculptures to sell and make some extra pocket money.

I love to have a hobby even if i am not the greatest crocheter or whatever i happen to do, just having a small project once in awhile is relaxing to me...I agree with Inish, those pics of yours are really pretty,
my daughter does photography, its really an art to take a great shot...I'm working on a crocheted
blanket for next fall right now...good luck with the rubber molds horsefly.

Offline kango

• Child of Grace
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 03:47:33 AM »
Hi, any support you can give me for this competition entry would be hugely appreciated. All it needs is a click of the mouse and for you to be registered on Twitter or Facebook. It's not all judged on votes, there's a panel. But it helps to get noticed. My entry is found here...

There is a summary with it so you can see what it was about. Anyone local to Glasgow will probably know it well. I have some tough competition here so many thanks for giving a few seconds of your time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:00:26 AM by kango »