And here we go! The continuation of the worship of the man who will forever rock our worlds.
In honor of Yooper, the founder of the original thread;
How do I love Bono? Let me count the ways. Our man has been getting a thrashing in this here forum (sometimes from me), but he deserves a love thread of his own. No Bono-bashing allowed here. Just sincere appreciation and admiration for a guy who's given us his all for thirty years now. Reasons to love Mr. Bono Vox:
1. His voice hits emotional highs and lows like no one else's. From a whisper to a bellow, he can move us in mysterious ways.
2. His willingness to be passionate and vulnerable. In the beginning, his naked emotion was what set U2 apart from other early 80's groups. He's willing to look like a fool in front of huge audiences to give the songs life.
3. His utter humanness. More than any other rock star I can think of, Bono is incredibly human. he says stupid things, cries in concert, gets angry, falls on his ass (literally and figuratively).
4. His big heart. Can you think of another public figure who argues for the poor as tirelessly and passionately as our man?
5. His hotness. Sorry guys, but as a girl, Bono has always rocked my world. He may be short and stocky (but then again, so is Mr. Yooper) but he has a certain je ne sais quoi that the ladies love.
Your thoughts, opinions, pictures, lists of your own?