Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 446841 times)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
Bono Still Rocks My World!
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »
And here we go! The continuation of the worship of the man who will forever rock our worlds.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In honor of Yooper, the founder of the original thread;

How do I love Bono?  Let me count the ways.  Our man has been getting a thrashing in this here forum (sometimes from me), but he deserves a love thread of his own.  No Bono-bashing allowed here.  Just sincere appreciation and admiration for a guy who's given us his all for thirty years now.  Reasons to love Mr. Bono Vox:

1.  His voice hits emotional highs and lows like no one else's.  From a whisper to a bellow, he can move us in mysterious ways.
2.  His willingness to be passionate and vulnerable.  In the beginning, his naked emotion was what set U2 apart from other early 80's groups.  He's willing to look like a fool in front of huge audiences to give the songs life.
3.  His utter humanness.  More than any other rock star I can think of, Bono is incredibly human.  he says stupid things, cries in concert, gets angry, falls on his ass (literally and figuratively).
4.  His big heart.  Can you think of another public figure who argues for the poor as tirelessly and passionately as our man?
5.  His hotness.  Sorry guys, but as a girl, Bono has always rocked my world.  He may be short and stocky (but then again, so is Mr. Yooper) but he has a certain je ne sais quoi that the ladies love.

Your thoughts, opinions, pictures, lists of your own?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:24:56 AM by Monicalea »

Offline MelancholyBaby (U2Katya)

• Numb
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
EXCELLENT MON!  :-* :-*

I want to be the first to post this one, hehe...it's what encouraged me to finally sign in and join the perviness on these threads!

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
Eek! I actually want to organize my Photobucket before post pics here...so no pics from me until Monday.  :P

I'll just have to steal borrow them from you, Mon! (Where we get most of them anyway!!)

HELLO!

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Eek! I actually want to organize my Photobucket before post pics here...so no pics from me until Monday.  :P

I'll just have to steal borrow them from you, Mon! (Where we get most of them anyway!!)

HELLO!

Hot link all you want, I have unlimited bandwidth!

Besides, all but the pix I took myself were stolen so it's not like I'm going to get all in a huff about it.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • Free yourself to be yourself.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »
I have to post this one because it's what brought me here.  ;D (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:05:35 AM by KitCat »

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »
I have to post this one because it's what brought me here.  ;D (Thanks again Briscoe!)

How much do you love fortunate mic placement?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
Just for my Kit

Offline KezInNZ

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »
I come bearing gifts - some personal faves to kick start the thread . . . .

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »
I have to post this one because it's what brought me here.  ;D (Thanks again Briscoe!)

LOL! I must be getting tired because that bit of pervy gold just went right over my head until you pointed it out. (Ahem...well Bono is actually the one "pointing" it out...but I digress...)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • Free yourself to be yourself.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 11:53:29 PM »

I love it oh so very much... and it's even more hilarious when you're in the picture right underneath it :D

Just for my Kit

He looks a bit like Ewen McGreggor in that one. :D

And of course:

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:48 PM »
Well, my work here is done for now. I'll see you guys in a few hours. :-*

Spannisheyes

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:22:38 AM »
*joins*

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 05:46:46 AM »

:-* Bono. To the man who taught me how to rock my world.

Offline Mandles

• Elevated
  • It's that time of year again!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »
Yay for the new thread!   I will pic spam the heck out of it when I get home from work tonight.    :-* :-* :-*

The Grave

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »
NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!11