Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 416184 times)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't but it's on my list of things to do if I ever make it to that part of the US. And if I could see a concert there that would make the visit perfect. I do love a venue where the audience is right up close to the stage, all the security barriers and guards between stage and crowd at most venues distances the crowd from band.

Wow, how Irish does Bono sound???

Yeah, I kind of miss that.

Here are my pix of Red Rocks. My oldest daughter and I went there when I took her to college in Boulder.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You can't read it, because we were too far away, but this is the water tower for a town we found in Arkansas called Bono. :D

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
Bono just took his shirt off. Why does he leave that sort of thing to Adam nowadays?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »
I have yet yo work out what the thing Adam is wearing on his top half is. A cardigan? A sweater with some buttons? 

I think it's just a tshirt that buttons up.

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
That is a stunning concert venue. And I so would have taken a photo of that water tower too.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »
That is a stunning concert venue. And I so would have taken a photo of that water tower too.

I just wish we could have gotten closer. That was the most amazing road trip ever.

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »
A friend and I have a crazy dream of doing a major US road trip one day.

Damn, Bono looks hot in the rain.

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
I'm on October. Always gives me goosebumps.

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
I am quite convinced that a least half the shots in this are of Bono's ass. How do we get whoever made this to work on the next live DVD????

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »
A friend and I have a crazy dream of doing a major US road trip one day.

Damn, Bono looks hot in the rain.

OMG! Y'all should! Yes, it can be a pain at times, and driving through Kansas is something I hope I never have to do again, but the whole thing is such an adventure. If you pay attention and don't get caught up in schedules and stuff like that it really is like in books and movies. We even made a stop on Route 66 in Joplin MO and got pix for the cover of Katie's first album! :D

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
I am quite convinced that a least half the shots in this are of Bono's ass. How do we get whoever made this to work on the next live DVD????

Beli and I are convinced that it had to have been filmed by a woman or a gay man.

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »
If we ever get together enough money and enough time off work we will be road tripping. It's good to know it really can be like it is in the movies, I worry that it might not live up to the hype.

Those pix would make for brilliant album covers!

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »

Beli and I are convinced that it had to have been filmed by a woman or a gay man.

I'd say that is a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
If we ever get together enough money and enough time off work we will be road tripping. It's good to know it really can be like it is in the movies, I worry that it might not live up to the hype.

The trick is to make it like that. Stop and see the two headed lizards, get off the interstate and find the town that has the festival where they paint huge rocks like zebras and cows, and for Heavens sake, don't eat at McDonald's! Go to the diner where the locals eat with the really goofy name like Slick Lizard or Bugtussel's.

And above all else when you stop to get gas, if they have Coke in glass bottles get it!

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »

Katie practically drips attitude!

Offline WelshGirl

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »

The trick is to make it like that. Stop and see the two headed lizards, get off the interstate and find the town that has the festival where they paint huge rocks like zebras and cows, and for Heavens sake, don't eat at McDonald's! Go to the diner where the locals eat with the really goofy name like Slick Lizard or Bugtussel's.

And above all else when you stop to get gas, if they have Coke in glass bottles get it!
Eating at a diner called Slick Lizard has just been added to my list of things to do before I die. And there will be absolutlely no eating at McDonalds (though I'm vegetarian so would have been very low down on the list of places to eat anyway)