Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 1065278 times)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #8550 on: June 11, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love this so much!

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #8551 on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

but too much sun will age the skin by a lot.

Sun on Bono's skin?   haha :D
I don't think that he does sun bathing. I remember only seeing pictures of Bono in long trousers and long shirts, while all others around him do dress like everyone dresses in the summer :D

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lovely!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:16:57 PM by Catlithco »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #8552 on: June 12, 2017, 01:41:49 PM »

I don't think that he does sun bathing. I remember only seeing pictures of Bono in long trousers and long shirts, while all others around him do dress like everyone dresses in the summer :D

You're right, he does wear long shirts/pants out in the sun, but the one thing all of those pictures have in common? His face is totally exposed, aside from his eyes. Even with a hat on, the sun can still hit the face hard and age it a lot. I was out in Cali a few years back, went out on Santa Monica beach and made the mistake of not wearing sunscreen on my face, even with wearing a hat most of the time--my skin is still weird since that burn after all this time. Can only imagine how many times over the years Bono has probably been out in the sun, exposing his face to it. That would lead to a lot more wrinkles/laugh lines, which people seem to be noticing a lot on this tour.

My guess is smoking, it prematurely ages skin.  Maybe sun too and not enough water
Add some wine to that and bad sleep to get skin to look a bit older.

Yup. As it is, I still think he looks pretty good for his age, but too much sun will age the skin by a lot. Add in those other things and it's not a good combo.
He does look good! I saw him up close in 2015 (when he signed my ticket) and he is just a verry charming man! 

I was within 5 feet of him at various times last Wednesday. Can confirm, he still looks good up close and I would not guess him to be nearly 60! 50, tops.

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #8553 on: June 12, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »

You're right, he does wear long shirts/pants out in the sun, but the one thing all of those pictures have in common? His face is totally exposed, aside from his eyes. Even with a hat on, the sun can still hit the face hard and age it a lot. I was out in Cali a few years back, went out on Santa Monica beach and made the mistake of not wearing sunscreen on my face, even with wearing a hat most of the time--my skin is still weird since that burn after all this time. Can only imagine how many times over the years Bono has probably been out in the sun, exposing his face to it. That would lead to a lot more wrinkles/laugh lines, which people seem to be noticing a lot on this tour.

No one knows whether he uses sun lotion or not.
I wouldn't say that he has many wrinkles, compared to others at the same age.
And, btw, he has the loveliest wrinkles I've ever seen  :)
He's really looking good, and he is aging like fine wine :)

Sean Penn is the same age, he really looks older:

What I like most about his wrinkles is the fact that he could employ a private plastic surgeon with his money, but he couldn't care less...  (compared to Larry who looks like he's botoxing his face..)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:10:24 PM by Catlithco »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #8554 on: June 12, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »

No one knows whether he uses sun lotion or not.
I wouldn't say that he has many wrinkles, compared to others at the same age.
And, btw, he has the loveliest wrinkles I've ever seen  :)
He's really looking good, and he is aging like fine wine :)

Sean Penn is the same age, he really looks older:

What I like most about his wrinkles is the fact that he could employ a private plastic surgeon with his money, but he couldn't care less...  (compared to Larry who looks like he's botoxing his face..)

Like I said, I think he looks terrific for his age and the wrinkles aren't a bad look at all. Larry's face does look botoxed, but I suppose it's equally possible that he just has a youthful looking face (genetics--I'm 28 but look like a teenager, literally stopped aging when I was 17 and still get confused for a teenager which is both infuriating and amusing). After all, haven't they always said that Larry is the babyface of the band?

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8555 on: June 14, 2017, 05:00:59 AM »

My guess is smoking, it prematurely ages skin.  Maybe sun too and not enough water
Add some wine to that and bad sleep to get skin to look a bit older.

Yup. As it is, I still think he looks pretty good for his age, but too much sun will age the skin by a lot. Add in those other things and it's not a good combo.
He does look good! I saw him up close in 2015 (when he signed my ticket) and he is just a verry charming man! 

I was within 5 feet of him at various times last Wednesday. Can confirm, he still looks good up close and I would not guess him to be nearly 60! 50, tops.
Cool

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #8556 on: June 14, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
I'm about 20 yards away I'll check best I can for wrinkles when the show starts lol in Tampa Tonight
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:48:36 AM by JTNash »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #8557 on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:02 AM »
Very smooth lol not sure about wrinkles

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8558 on: June 15, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
How was the Tampa concert, JT?

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #8559 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
it was awesome stopped raining just in time for the show

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8560 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:16 AM »
it was awesome stopped raining just in time for the show
oh good, i had rain a few times with U2 in the past. Always nice when it stops in time for a great show to make you forget.

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #8561 on: June 16, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Very smooth lol not sure about wrinkles

Good to know ;)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #8562 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »

Am i the only one surprised by the move to ditch the jacket during the show? I'm so used to seeing him sing in long sleeves.... Not that I'm complaining :)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #8563 on: June 16, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »

Am i the only one surprised by the move to ditch the jacket during the show? I'm so used to seeing him sing in long sleeves.... Not that I'm complaining :)
it was not for very long in Tampa and he was sweating buckets I was like good God man take your jacket off your in great shape. 

The audience is a sea of dad Bods what is he worried about?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #8564 on: June 16, 2017, 07:38:33 PM »

it was not for very long in Tampa and he was sweating buckets I was like good God man take your jacket off your in great shape. 

The audience is a sea of dad Bods what is he worried about?
Hahaha ha. OMG  THIS!