Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 446159 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #6090 on: November 01, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »
I would love to come too, but we already scheduled a college visit in PA that day. :( If it falls through, I'll be in touch and we can be "stalkers" together.  ;)

And on Sundays, I park on the campus side streets for free. I wonder since it's a Fed holiday if parking will be like Sundays! :)

Offline skelter

• Numb
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #6091 on: November 03, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
^ Re: Bono lecture at Georgetown U

I was told today by a Georgetown student that the lottery for them has closed. If anyone here really wanted to go, I guess we would have to turn to scalpers. I am considering taking next Monday off school and buying a last minute flight out to Washington DC.  :-[ :D

I guess Bono's reception here will be a test of how relavant U2 is to the college generation. Will he lecture be treated venerably by the audience members, or will it be more 'omgz-famous-rock-star!!!!!!!!aiyeeeeeeee!'? Would be nice to breathe the same air as Bono in a more calm, formal space  :D

Offline mdmomof7

« Reply #6092 on: November 04, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was told today by a Georgetown student that the lottery for them has closed. If anyone here really wanted to go, I guess we would have to turn to scalpers. I am considering taking next Monday off school and buying a last minute flight out to Washington DC.  :-[ :D

I guess Bono's reception here will be a test of how relavant U2 is to the college generation. Will he lecture be treated venerably by the audience members, or will it be more 'omgz-famous-rock-star!!!!!!!!aiyeeeeeeee!'? Would be nice to breathe the same air as Bono in a more calm, formal space  :D

I was just going to go down and scope it out. I didn't think I'd be fortunate enough to get the tickets.  ;)

Offline skelter

• Numb
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #6093 on: November 04, 2012, 07:34:31 AM »
mdmomof7, do you live in Washington DC?

Yes, I think it might not be possible to get a ticket, even if we shood outside the auditorium holding a 'ticket wanted' sign.  :-[ On the 360 tour it was really easy to get tickets like that (because 360 is in a stadium), but since this is in an auditorium with limited seating, we might not be able to get (buy an overpriced) ticket even then.

If you're going to hang around outside, you could look for the auditorium back doors/ stage doors, so maybe you could see Bono coming in and leaving!  :D

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #6094 on: November 04, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »

I was just going to go down and scope it out. I didn't think I'd be fortunate enough to get the tickets.  ;)

If you want a partner in crime, I might be available. . .

Offline mdmomof7

« Reply #6095 on: November 04, 2012, 11:37:45 AM »

If you want a partner in crime, I might be available. . .

Let's keep in touch about it. We still haven't committed to my daughter's PA college visit that Monday. ;-)

Offline Kurukira

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I am a girl, a girl called paaaarty...
« Reply #6096 on: November 09, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
You're awesome if you remember this...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I still have the tape of that (recorded from PPV) somewhere - so that would make me DOUBLE AWESOME.  If you were actually at that show in person, you're AWESOME X INFINITY.

Offline OnlyU2

• Elevated
« Reply #6097 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:33 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:)

Offline skelter

• Numb
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #6098 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
^is this today? Good luck to anyone hanging out by Georgetown U for Bono's speech tonight at 6pm :D

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
« Reply #6099 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
^is this today? Good luck to anyone hanging out by Georgetown U for Bono's speech tonight at 6pm :D

I think that's an old pic. Pretty sure I've seen it uncropped. He has his arm around a woman there.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6100 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »

Video: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Bono is on at 14:10

Georgetown University Nov 12, 2012

Offline mdmomof7

« Reply #6101 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
Nice! Thanks for posting!!

Belisama and I wanted to go, but it didn't work out. I think Bono is here at least through Wednesday!!!

I've listened to a bit of this video and it's very intriguing. I hope to listen to more tomorrow. :)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6102 on: November 12, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6103 on: November 12, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6104 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »