Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 416995 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #6105 on: November 13, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice! Thanks for posting!!

Belisama and I wanted to go, but it didn't work out. I think Bono is here at least through Wednesday!!!

I've listened to a bit of this video and it's very intriguing. I hope to listen to more tomorrow. :)

There will be plenty of chances to Bono watch in DC. . . this is practically a 2nd home for him. ;)

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #6106 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »
Envious of you all with him being so close and all.  :)
What fun that would have been -- a crowd full of us fans.
Dreaming out loud....

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #6107 on: November 13, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
Farisfan- that would be so much fun!!

Today, I caught the end of a conversation with the morning crew of the local rock station. They were saying something about when Bono is done singing, he can do Bill Clinton impersonations. I wonder if it's from the Georgetown speech? I haven't watched it all the way through.

Belisama- But how does one find out where to be when he's in town? I don't know what hotel or bar he likes. There are many nice hotels here...

OK, so I guess I have to spend hours skulking about the Senate Office Buildings waiting for Bono. I just rec'd. this email from ONE, so he's here indeed! lol!!

This week, we set a big goal for ourselves: 1,000 phone calls to the Senate. Why? 

Because this week, Bono and senior ONE staff are meeting with members of Congress on Capitol Hill to fight for poverty-fighting programs in the huge budget battle unfolding right now.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:58:11 PM by mdmomof7 »

Nanda360

« Reply #6108 on: November 13, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »
Personally, B's wrinkles really bother me. He's a gorgeous man and not so old to look like that. A plastic surgery or a botox filling would work out...a tanning wouldn't be so bad either

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6109 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
Personally, B's wrinkles really bother me. He's a gorgeous man and not so old to look like that. A plastic surgery or a botox filling would work out...a tanning wouldn't be so bad either

I agree. The pics of Bono lately really show the deep set wrinkles and they make him look so much older. I guess he has a very expressive face or he didn't protect from the sun properly. My hubby looks like Bono - hands included ;-) - and is the same age as Bono (5.5 weeks younger to be exact) and he doesn't have nearly those wrinkles. Even though, much to my dismay, he never wears sunblock! He's a fair skinned, blue-eyed German heritage white guy. So...Bono, what did you do to yourself?

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6110 on: November 13, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Today Bono met w/ VP Biden at the White House.

From Febottini at u2.com

This is driving me crazy - so CLOSE, yet so FAR!!!!  :'(

Nanda360

« Reply #6111 on: November 13, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »

I agree. The pics of Bono lately really show the deep set wrinkles and they make him look so much older. I guess he has a very expressive face or he didn't protect from the sun properly. My hubby looks like Bono - hands included ;-) - and is the same age as Bono (5.5 weeks younger to be exact) and he doesn't have nearly those wrinkles. Even though, much to my dismay, he never wears sunblock! He's a fair skinned, blue-eyed German heritage white guy. So...Bono, what did you do to yourself?

lucky him (and fearless as well, sunblock's more than required !). In B's case I think it's carelessness on himself.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6112 on: November 13, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
Hubby scares me to death. Our kids play year round sports and hubby's skin is like leather from it. We have a dear friend who died from melanoma a few years ago from doing the same.

It's just crazy not to wear sunblock!!

Bono and hubby!!!  >:(

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #6113 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
Farisfan- that would be so much fun!!

Today, I caught the end of a conversation with the morning crew of the local rock station. They were saying something about when Bono is done singing, he can do Bill Clinton impersonations. I wonder if it's from the Georgetown speech? I haven't watched it all the way through.

Belisama- But how does one find out where to be when he's in town? I don't know what hotel or bar he likes. There are many nice hotels here...

OK, so I guess I have to spend hours skulking about the Senate Office Buildings waiting for Bono. I just rec'd. this email from ONE, so he's here indeed! lol!!

This week, we set a big goal for ourselves: 1,000 phone calls to the Senate. Why? 

Because this week, Bono and senior ONE staff are meeting with members of Congress on Capitol Hill to fight for poverty-fighting programs in the huge budget battle unfolding right now.

Yep, got that and thought of you all!   :)
Wish we all had the time and money...!
That would be a fun holiday!
Can't you just hear the co-workers saying-- "what did you do on your holiday?" and a response of "oh, nothing much, just stalked (and found!) Bono."  ;D

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6114 on: November 13, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »
Well, he's doing the ONE live interview at The World Bank at 3pm tomorrow. They usually have security, so not only can we likely not get in the building, but might not be able to loiter outside.

Offline skelter

• Numb
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #6115 on: November 13, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »
Thanks for all the pics, jen and bc!

I love the tumblr gifs especially. Cheesy Bono and his 'street cred' joke  :-*

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
« Reply #6116 on: November 13, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »
Bono looks beautiful to me. I'm certainly glad he doesn't feel the need to get plastic surgery!  :o

Offline missey

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6117 on: November 13, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Bono looks beautiful to me. I'm certainly glad he doesn't feel the need to get plastic surgery!  :o

I agree.  I would hate for B to get plastic surgery.

"When you stop seeing beauty you start to grow old
the lines on your face are a map to your soul."

Offline lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #6118 on: November 13, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »

I agree.  I would hate for B to get plastic surgery.

"When you stop seeing beauty you start to grow old
the lines on your face are a map to your soul."

Beautifully put.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6119 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »
If you haven't watched the speech yet he does do a great Clinton impersonation!

I also loved how he integrated the Clash! Pop culture is a great learning tool, needs to be used more often!