Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 403950 times)

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #6255 on: January 06, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's another article-- including a few (older and not quite as wonderful but still) pics of our fav.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's such a great article. I can never understand the people who leave comments blasting him with their own comments like "why would we listen to him... let's hear from people who actually know about this stuff..." Just wow. Did they even read his words? Obviously they're the ones who don't know a thing about it!
*sigh*

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #6256 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
People. ::) I never read the comments anymore. They make me angry.

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
« Reply #6257 on: January 06, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

Same here, I try not to as well. Sometimes when it's in an unusual place (like a technology forum!) my curiosity gets the better of me though, DOH! But people are the same everywhere, unfortunately!  :P

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • New album? Two words: MORE LARRY!!!
« Reply #6258 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »

Same here, I try not to as well. Sometimes when it's in an unusual place (like a technology forum!) my curiosity gets the better of me though, DOH! But people are the same everywhere, unfortunately!  :P

The constant bleating about tax avoidance is the one that gets me, but it just shows their ignorance of not only the issues at hand, but the strategies that he advocates. But I really can't be bothered pointing out the flaws in their rants, after all, if they take the time out of their day to slag off Bono on some news site, I don't think they're the type that will be persuaded by truth, logic and reason.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:04:53 AM by KitCat »

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #6259 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »

The constant bleating about tax avoidance is the one that gets me, but it just shows their ignorance of not only the issues at hand, but the strategies that he advocates. But I really can't be bothered pointing out the flaws in their rants, after all, if they take the time out of their day to slag off Bono on some news site, I don't think they're the type that will be persuaded by truth, logic and reason.

And this, my friends is why she is my "wife."

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6260 on: January 07, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

And this, my friends is why she is my "wife."

Well, that, and [ CENSORED ] right up until he took his kilt off, then all bets were off.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6261 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

U2 frontman Bono takes part in a photoshoot in the South of France to wish all of his fans a Happy New Year Featuring: Bono Where: Saint Paul de Vence, France When: 06 Jan 2013 Credit: WENN.com
(haven't found them without watermarks, yet!)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6262 on: January 07, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »

(Thanks to the girls on Interference!!)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #6263 on: January 08, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »

U2 frontman Bono takes part in a photoshoot in the South of France to wish all of his fans a Happy New Year Featuring: Bono Where: Saint Paul de Vence, France When: 06 Jan 2013 Credit: WENN.com

He's looking at us like he knows what we've been up to, Kit!

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
« Reply #6264 on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »
Oh B, you are just so silly  ;D and adorable :)!!

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6265 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »

Ummm..... quick, grab him and shove him into that van! You grab the arms and I'll grab the legs, where's the duct tape?

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
« Reply #6266 on: January 09, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »
Oh! Oh! I wanna kidnap B too:-)  :P.......you can drive the van and i volunteer to keep an eye on him in the back  ::) :P

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #6267 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
Here's another article-- including a few (older and not quite as wonderful but still) pics of our fav.

That's such a great article. I can never understand the people who leave comments blasting him with their own comments like "why would we listen to him... let's hear from people who actually know about this stuff..." Just wow. Did they even read his words? Obviously they're the ones who don't know a thing about it!
*sigh*

Thanks Popbono for this comment (and EC's, Mon's and Kit Cat's too  ;D)-- I just have stopped arguing (esp. around here) as well. I think you are absolutely right-- they just don't know a thing about it. But I am getting it in academia (at least my circles) now too. It gets really discouraging. So, I just keep posting, presenting, etc. in as bland and non-emotive way (wth-do they have any idea how hard that is for a bono-girl!!??) and hope that some of them will actually read the articles or papers and understand the content and ideas.
But thanks again for your comment, PopBono-- it made my day.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:28:59 PM by Farisfan (love is big, it's bigger than us) »

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #6268 on: January 09, 2013, 01:31:04 PM »
^Wow, is that all one image file/picture?
EC were you referring to the pics I posted?
No, they were three images from that article link I posted.  :)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #6269 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »

Ummm..... quick, grab him and shove him into that van! You grab the arms and I'll grab the legs, where's the duct tape?

Be careful with the tape, you know how hairy . . . parts of him are. We don't want a repeat of last time.