Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 404571 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Precious Stone
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #6330 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I like this pic of Bono and Bill

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #6331 on: January 30, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
Here's a bit about how Bono came to be the cover of the MIT Tech Journal. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #6332 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
By the way, a while back I was talking to someone here about making our own U2 calendars since there was no official one this year. I made a Bono calendar of my own photos, and I just received it today and wanted to say that the website I used I HIGHLY recommend! It turned out so professional and high quality I can hardly believe it's my own pics! Anyway just wanted to report back here since I said I would when I received it! (I can't remember which thread it was in though, oops  :-\)
The website is called artscow.com. The calendar didn't cost that much, though the shipping was a little more than I expected. But the quality of the calendar more than made up for it 10 times over!  8)

I've wondered about making a U2 calendar on sites such as snapfish and didn't know if I could do it because of copyright issues.  Do they have to be your own photos or can you use photos you find online?

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
« Reply #6333 on: January 30, 2013, 12:40:15 PM »
By the way, a while back I was talking to someone here about making our own U2 calendars since there was no official one this year. I made a Bono calendar of my own photos, and I just received it today and wanted to say that the website I used I HIGHLY recommend! It turned out so professional and high quality I can hardly believe it's my own pics! Anyway just wanted to report back here since I said I would when I received it! (I can't remember which thread it was in though, oops  :-\)
The website is called artscow.com. The calendar didn't cost that much, though the shipping was a little more than I expected. But the quality of the calendar more than made up for it 10 times over!  8)

I've wondered about making a U2 calendar on sites such as snapfish and didn't know if I could do it because of copyright issues.  Do they have to be your own photos or can you use photos you find online?

I have to say right off the bat here that I don't know anything about copyright laws. However, these photos are mine, I took them personally so I own them, so if I make a calendar for my own enjoyment there is no law against that. However, since there are people in my photos who have not given me their permission, I would certainly not be able to sell them for profit or anything like that. I don't see any reason why I couldn't share them for free if I wanted, just like U2 has no problem with people sharing recordings of their concerts for FREE. As far as finding photos on line to use in your calendar, I'm not positive of course, but I think if you only had it for your own use, no one is going to know or care. But I wouldn't share it on line obviously.

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6334 on: January 30, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
OH and if anyone uses that site to make a calendar, be sure to use the coupon code for free shipping!! I just discovered it last night, darnit! Their shipping is WAY too high, but a quick search on line and I found the coupon code to get it free! (FREESHIPPING20)

Thought I'd share the cover of my Bono calendar. (This is just a screenshot of the webpage when I was putting it together.) But my daughter came up with the name for it and I thought it was cute.  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6335 on: January 30, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
Nice! How did you do the color effects?

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6336 on: January 30, 2013, 08:27:34 PM »
Nice! How did you do the color effects?

I didn't do anything, that's the actual photo. I just added pink text to match the laser jacket.  ;D

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6337 on: January 30, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
I actually just took photos of my calendar, I'll show you guys.  :D It turned out nice.

I put the shows the photos are from on the back cover. Next time I'll move that text down. Anyway just thought I'd show you guys!  ;D

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #6338 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
Your calendar is absolutely gorgeous.  June is my favorite!

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6339 on: January 30, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »

Thank you!  ;D

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6340 on: January 30, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »
Wow!!!

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6341 on: January 30, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »

June is my birth month - thank you!  :-*

You take terrific pictures! Which concert(s) were these photographs taken? You must have a very nice camera! Were you in the Red Zone?

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6342 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
Thanks so much you guys!  ;D

June is my birthday month too...  ;) Heehee!

My camera isn't so bad for a point and shoot! It has an amazing zoom. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC H20. Although I was in the Red Zone at a few shows I was actually in regular GA for these shows. Here are the shows, all from July 2011:

Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, June, Sep, Oct, and Dec, are East Rutherford, NJ. (outer GA)
August is Pittsburgh, PA. (outer GA)
May, July, Nov, and the front and back covers are from Moncton, NB. (inner circle, Adam's side)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • New album? Two words: MORE LARRY!!!
« Reply #6343 on: January 31, 2013, 04:09:44 AM »
Wowzers! I love the calendar!  ;D

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • New album? Two words: MORE LARRY!!!
« Reply #6344 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:03 AM »
OMG, how cute is this?

*dies*