Author Topic: Bono Still Rocks My World!  (Read 975071 times)

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
Re: Bono Still Rocks My World!
« Reply #8610 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »
I'm excited to report I shook hands with our man at NJ-1!  My husband and I got to the stadium early and while we waited for the rest of our family to show up we took a stroll around the stadium and stumbled upon the band entrance.  We waited a bit and sure enough here comes Bono in his big black SUV.  He stopped and came out and talked with the fans.  Unfortunately I had nothing for him to autograph and all I could get out of my mouth was hi.  He was so polite, shook my hand and said hi how are you.  Of course later on I thought of a million things I could have said.  I'm just glad to have met him. 

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #8611 on: July 05, 2017, 06:15:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm excited to report I shook hands with our man at NJ-1!  My husband and I got to the stadium early and while we waited for the rest of our family to show up we took a stroll around the stadium and stumbled upon the band entrance.  We waited a bit and sure enough here comes Bono in his big black SUV.  He stopped and came out and talked with the fans.  Unfortunately I had nothing for him to autograph and all I could get out of my mouth was hi.  He was so polite, shook my hand and said hi how are you.  Of course later on I thought of a million things I could have said.  I'm just glad to have met him.
VERY cool! You are a lucky lady...

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8612 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:33 AM »
VERY cool! You are a lucky lady...
how cool !! He is so charming !

Offline bullettheblue

• Babyface
« Reply #8613 on: July 06, 2017, 05:54:29 AM »
I managed to see Bono up close in Cleveland--what an experience!  He was so kind to people in the audience. He definitely has more lines than a lot of 57 year olds I know.  Do you think that's due to smoking and the rigors of so much travel? Nevertheless, he's beautiful just as he is.

Wow! That's awesome - what a great experience. I'd probably cry if I saw B-Man in real life, haha. It's lovely that he remains so kind and humble despite how famous he is. Unfortunately, I do think his lines are due to the many years of smoking - I've seen very similar lines/creases on other people in their fifties who have smoked a lot during youth. Other causes or contributors could certainly be the travel, or stress. Nonetheless, he's still gorgeous.

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #8614 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
I managed to see Bono up close in Cleveland--what an experience!  He was so kind to people in the audience. He definitely has more lines than a lot of 57 year olds I know.  Do you think that's due to smoking and the rigors of so much travel? Nevertheless, he's beautiful just as he is.
You must not have been far from me. He was about 2 feet from me when he stopped signing. I was a bit heartbroken because I thought I was finally going to meet him. Then I realized it was the closest I had ever been  to him and I'm happy with that for now. He is still gorgeous. I think he burns the candles on both ends too much and it's catching up to him.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8615 on: July 06, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »
Yes; we must have been close, Teacher.  I stupidly gave up my place in line to run to the other side of the stadium.  I regret not sticking around and holding my spot, but it was great to see Bono up close!

Offline SUMNER78

• Stateless
« Reply #8616 on: July 13, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »

Offline SUMNER78

• Stateless
« Reply #8617 on: July 13, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8618 on: July 13, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »
B man looking ready to rock, nice one
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:48:04 AM by Volcanogirl »

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8619 on: July 13, 2017, 05:27:53 PM »
so cool congratulations!

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8620 on: July 15, 2017, 08:24:30 PM »
Listening to U2's latest Rome gig I have to say Bono sounds very sexy when he speaks Italian! That man seems to learn languages pretty easily, doesn't he? :-)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #8621 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:56 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #8622 on: July 17, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
Listening to U2's latest Rome gig I have to say Bono sounds very sexy when he speaks Italian! That man seems to learn languages pretty easily, doesn't he? :-)

Not Irish though!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8623 on: July 17, 2017, 05:59:31 PM »
That photo of JT era Bono is from his unparalleled phase.  He was a gorgeous youth I must say.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #8624 on: July 17, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »
That photo of JT era Bono is from his unparalleled phase.  He was a gorgeous youth I must say.
With a gorgeous voice!