Author Topic: wise investment or crazy obsession?  (Read 5809 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: wise investment or crazy obsession?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »
Hi again u2yooper.  I own everything up to the Joshua Tree on vinyl.  There is nothing better, I am sorry.  I eventually had to replace them with CD's which my son eventually put on my Ipod because the needle to my record player broke and I had trouble finding a replacement.  Yes, I still have the record player without the needle!  I don't care that I can't play them.  I just love looking at those covers.  They are priceless and you did the right thing to get them.  As it was so beautifully said, welcome to the jungle!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »
You should know that whenever you have to ask this question, you should have bought it right there and then!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:43 AM »
I think we'll all agree here that it's not a waste of money, not obsession and you haven't lost any of your marbles. You're just a true and honest to God U2 fan.  :)
Now try going somewhere else (ie Facebook U2 'hate' groups) with your question and you mind get a totally different opinion.
I liked vinyl records, they're big and made me feel like I really own something substantial. Not that the size matters, but then again it sort of does.  ;)