Author Topic: Other Irish Bands You Might or Might Not Have Heard Of  (Read 6616 times)

Offline aarong

• Desert Rose
  • What's a Double Bass? Oh a Big Voilin
Re: Other Irish Bands You Might or Might Not Have Heard Of
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
nope. I don't, but a person like Paisley would see himself as being British, as Gerry Adams as being irish regardless of birth place. I could claim a British passport but don't. I consider myself irish as that's where Ive lived most of my life!

Anyhows, we've gone way off the point!!
lol i know  but  for the last time  i know for a fact if u asked paisley he would say he was as irish as adams  but like a scot or welsh person he is a british citizen in his view that would make him no less irish than adams.......... anyway aslan are another great irish band

and for the last time!! WHO CARES????????? Replublicanism (not american type) has no place here !! thanks!!

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
nope. I don't, but a person like Paisley would see himself as being British, as Gerry Adams as being irish regardless of birth place. I could claim a British passport but don't. I consider myself irish as that's where Ive lived most of my life!

Anyhows, we've gone way off the point!!
lol i know  but  for the last time  i know for a fact if u asked paisley he would say he was as irish as adams  but like a scot or welsh person he is a british citizen in his view that would make him no less irish than adams.......... anyway aslan are another great irish band

and for the last time!! WHO CARES????????? Replublicanism (not american type) has no place here !! thanks!!
jeeeeeeeeeez i think u need to chill and for the life of me i cant see how i was bringing republicanism in here if anyone was doing that it was you, all i did was try to point out that its possible to be british and irish at the same time no need to get upset about it..

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:32 AM »
Reviving this to say that my friends and I will be going to see Bell X1 on the opening date of their new tour next week!  :D Haven't gotten their new album yet- it's not out yet- but I really love them and am looking forward to seeing them for the first time!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Reviving this to say that my friends and I will be going to see Bell X1 on the opening date of their new tour next week!  :D Haven't gotten their new album yet- it's not out yet- but I really love them and am looking forward to seeing them for the first time!

One of my favourite Irish bands. They have played short accoustic tours in advance of the last two albums, mainly  trying out the new songs. Have been to both, and the last one was around November last year. People travelled to Cork from the UK to see this gig which were truly superb gigs. Can't wait for the new album. Catching them in Cork at the Marquee music festival in July where it will be the full band sound. it's great to see the different types of gigs, the quiet and the loud. They do an excellent job of both gig types

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »

One of my favourite Irish bands. They have played short accoustic tours in advance of the last two albums, mainly  trying out the new songs. Have been to both, and the last one was around November last year. People travelled to Cork from the UK to see this gig which were truly superb gigs. Can't wait for the new album. Catching them in Cork at the Marquee music festival in July where it will be the full band sound. it's great to see the different types of gigs, the quiet and the loud. They do an excellent job of both gig types

If all goes well, I'll be seeing Bell X1 at the Bowery Ballroom in Manhattan on June 6. I love this band. I've never seen them but I look forward to it! Enjoy the show UC. Let us know how it  was!

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
I heard a girl named Eva Clancy the other night on college radio...she's got a pretty sound.

Offline aarong

• Desert Rose
  • What's a Double Bass? Oh a Big Voilin
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
I'm just in from playing a gig to discover my dad met Aslan tonight - hyped in their day as being the next U2 (excuse the pun!!)