Author Topic: And They Call Him Bono - Book Review and author interview  (Read 2171 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
And They Call Him Bono - Book Review and author interview
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
I think many of you already know all the great stuff the main page of this site puts out. For those who just come to the forum, you should check it out. It is really quality stuff and I am not saying this just because I am on staff here. I am strictly speaking as a fan.

I just wanted to congratulate Liseth who just published a book review of And They Call Him Bono by Dutch journalist Bert van de Kamp and also did an interview with the author. I found the author to be very interesting and I personally would love to read this book.

I won't go into detail because you could read it yourself but it was great. As a Gavin Friday and Virgin Prunes fan, it was nice to read that the author and long time journalist friend of the band really enjoyed the darker Virgin Prunes when both bands were starting out. He then of course came to like U2 as the years went on. Gavin speaks in the book. It was nice to read how much my 2 favorite singers are truly like brothers and I smiled when it said that Gavin is not here to kiss Bono's behind but rather to keep him grounded and tell him the truth.   It was also very nice to read that Bono really is like he appears to be to his fans. You don't often hear that with celebrities but you hear it time and time again by people who really know him.  A smile came on my face when Mr. van de Kamp said he enjoyed the moodier second album from U2 which means he is a fellow October fan! I'd sure love to have a cup of coffee with him! He has a lot of great stuff to tell.

I could go on but I'll just post links to the book review and the interview with the author. It also gives a very interesting fact about the song  Kite.  So I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:53:58 AM by StrongGirl »

Offline tihach

• Refugee
  • Oh baby! <3
Re: And They Call Him Bono - Book Review and author interview
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:04:18 AM »
So I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did!
I surely did! ;)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
Re: And They Call Him Bono - Book Review and author interview
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:52:47 AM »
So I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did!
I surely did! ;)

I did it too!! Thank you SG!