Author Topic: Rank U2's albums  (Read 45689 times)

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
Re: Rank U2's albums
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. Zooropa
4. Boy
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Pop
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
10. War
11. Rattle & Hum
12. October

Offline The Fly

• Stateless
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey, Ive had enough now. It wasn't me. Some dude called The Fly has STOLEN my avatar - Ive had it for so long everyone just looks at it and thinks it's me. It was him/her who wrote that about October.  >:(

:D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, The Fly - if you read this - you need to change your avatar  ;) - Ive had it for years, and now people are confusing me with you.

Haha, wow, I never thought I would cause this much controversy by my avatar. Fair enough though, I will change it.  8)

northstarjo

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
Hey, Ive had enough now. It wasn't me. Some dude called The Fly has STOLEN my avatar - Ive had it for so long everyone just looks at it and thinks it's me. It was him/her who wrote that about October.  >:(

:D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, The Fly - if you read this - you need to change your avatar  ;) - Ive had it for years, and now people are confusing me with you.

Haha, wow, I never thought I would cause this much controversy by my avatar. Fair enough though, I will change it.  8)

(don't worry about it too much....what fun is it if you can't push people's buttons a little! ;)

Offline The Fly

• Stateless
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »

(don't worry about it too much....what fun is it if you can't push people's buttons a little! ;)

Well now if I ever want to mess with Zoost, I know how to steal his identity  ;)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »

Well now if I ever want to mess with Zoost, I know how to steal his identity  ;)

Ahhh, now I'm less confused. :)

northstarjo

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:13 AM »

;D ;D ;D

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »

LMAO. Now, order is restored. By the way Fly, love your new avatar. Ah, the memories!

Hey, I wonder if the Fly might make a reappearance at Glastonbury - they went to Berlin to look for him you know!  ;)

PartyMarty23

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
1. Achtung Baby
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. The Joshua Tree
5. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
6. Pop
7. The Unforgettable Fire
8.Rattle and Hum
9. War
10.  Zooropa
11. Boy
12. October
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:22:09 PM by PartyMarty23 »

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Killing My Inspriation And Singing About My Grief
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2011, 12:15:30 PM »
1. No Line On The Horizon - The only U2 album, for me, that doesn't have a single bad song on it
2. Achtung Baby - Possibly their most daring album and a brilliantly dark tone that properly works
3. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - Overlooked by many on this forum, but it has an unbelievable contrast of fantastic songs on it, and it is U2's only real rock album
4. The Joshua Tree - Their most well-known album, but with good reason. I couldn't imagine U2 without this album
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind - Another overlooked album, but a really brilliant one with some of the band's greatest songs
6. Pop - Their second best experimental album (behind AB) and a huge improvement on Zooropa. Could be classed as a rocking album and should really get played live more often
7. Boy - The first time we heard the noise of U2 and the songs are just sublime. The Edge's guitar sounds on this album are simply dominant over everything else
8. The Unforgettable Fire - I feel like I've put this very low, but the other albums deserve to be ahead of this one. Good songs but not their finest album by a long way
9. War - Only really a few good songs on this album, I don't listen to it that often and that is probably why it is so low
10. October - Good songs, especially Gloria, Tomorrow, Fire and Rejoice, but a lot of songs that I skip on this one
11. Rattle And Hum - I don't like the idea of a half and half album, but the studio songs are pretty decent
12. Zooropa - Not a fan of Zooropa, purely because of a lack of studio anthems and the fact that I think they were "too" experimental with this album. Some good songs, but nothing that blows my head off

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
  • II-V
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
Eh, I kinda want to know what the bad song(s) on AB is. Not that I'm taking offense or anything... ::)

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
Eh, I kinda want to know what the bad song(s) on AB is. Not that I'm taking offense or anything... ::)

Oh don't worry, there aren't any.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »
Shame about the October stuff - I'm an October 'people' - in fact I'm a U2 people - just trying to call out an album that people tend to sometimes undervalue  ;D

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • This is a low flying panic attack
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
1. Pop
2. Achtung Baby
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. Zooropa
5. The Joshua Tree
6. Boy
7. War
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. The Unforgettable Fire
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
11. Rattle And Hum
12. October

I just need to make some slight changes...

1. Pop
2 Achtung Baby
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. Zooropa
5. The Joshua Tree
6. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
7. No Line On The Horizon
8. Boy
9. The Unforgettable Fire
10. War
11. Rattle And Hum
12. October

My top 2 and bottom 2 are really the only constants.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Killing My Inspriation And Singing About My Grief
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

For me I feel that Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World doesn't really feel like it belongs on the album. If you take out that song then you'd have a perfect album in my opinion. I don't dislike the song, it's just that the standard of songs on Achtung Baby are so high, that this song is unable to produce the quality of the other songs for me.

northstarjo

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »

For me I feel that Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World doesn't really feel like it belongs on the album. If you take out that song then you'd have a perfect album in my opinion. I don't dislike the song, it's just that the standard of songs on Achtung Baby are so high, that this song is unable to produce the quality of the other songs for me.

no way....that song is amazing (plus look what Bono did with it in concerts! :D)