Author Topic: Rank U2's albums  (Read 62658 times)

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
Re: Rank U2's albums
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2018, 01:44:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Achtung Baby
The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
War
Zooropa
Songs of Experience
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Songs of Innocence
Boy
No Line on the Horizon
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Rattle & Hum
October

LOL!  You posted this list, on this same thread, on June 27th 2018.  Got to rub in the October thing.  Having said that I respect your list and respect other's opinions.  Just think it's funny, that you posted it before and again after a comment about October.

How about this?  If you disagree with my assessment on October, please tell me what you think about the album, which places last on your list.  Passive/Aggressive reposting of your list again doesn't do it justice.  A fair rebuttal does.

I honestly just forgot and thought my new list was going to be different, but I guess not. :P I don't have a hate for October at all, to be honest with you. I just didn't realize that my list hadn't changed at all since I didn't look back before posting recently.

nulla uomo

« Reply #616 on: September 26, 2018, 06:39:23 AM »
Thanks for replying!  I sincerely apologize and really meant no harm.  I appreciate your list, love that War and Unforgettable Fire are up in the top.  October is a controversial album for U2, in my opinion.  It being their second effort and the overly religious/spiritual themes.  It's easy to interpret it in many ways.  I can appreciate that it doesn't rank high in your list.  Again, please accept my apologies, I can become very overzealous when it's about U2.

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »
Thanks for replying!  I sincerely apologize and really meant no harm.  I appreciate your list, love that War and Unforgettable Fire are up in the top.  October is a controversial album for U2, in my opinion.  It being their second effort and the overly religious/spiritual themes.  It's easy to interpret it in many ways.  I can appreciate that it doesn't rank high in your list.  Again, please accept my apologies, I can become very overzealous when it's about U2.

Oh you're fine, I understand.  :)

I'll see about listening to October. I really like Gloria and I Threw a Brick, but I haven't listened to much else on it, which is kind of blasphemous as a U2 fan. I really love TUF and War, definitely. The highest of highs on the album are some of the highest of highs of all of their discography and the album tracks are nothing to write off, especially with War. TUF has some really pretty ambient-like pieces and I love how eloquently put together the entire album is.