Author Topic: Dream Out Loud!  (Read 21064 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
Re: Dream Out Loud!
« Reply #585 on: January 16, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unrelated note- jab recently was invited to be on an advisory committee for a local library hoping to raise funds through arts performances & such (cuz I filled out a form once saying I could volunteer to play/sing for events there). Anyhoo, a local web patch wrote something about this committee meeting, and by complete chance, my name appears in the same sentence as a local guitarist who played onstage w Paul McCartney at Shea stadium ??? Isn't that just fun?? ??
I feel way cooler than I really am right now... 8) :D

I have met jab and I wish the whole forum to know that jab is super cool.

The local guitarist is one day going to brag that his name was in web piece in the same sentence as jab's.

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #586 on: January 17, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
Unrelated note- jab recently was invited to be on an advisory committee for a local library hoping to raise funds through arts performances & such (cuz I filled out a form once saying I could volunteer to play/sing for events there). Anyhoo, a local web patch wrote something about this committee meeting, and by complete chance, my name appears in the same sentence as a local guitarist who played onstage w Paul McCartney at Shea stadium ??? Isn't that just fun?? ??

The local guitarist is one day going to brag that his name was in web piece in the same sentence as jab's.
haha that's probably true! That's awesome Jab!

and EC- that story about Bono talking to his teacher has always been one that particularly stayed with me. I use it as a guideline when I write actually, because you can write about confusion, or numbness, or emptiness, because those are real emotions too. But at the same time it's perfectly okay to take a break. Sometimes your brain needs that rest from constantly reeling from all your creative ideas. So I would say that with everything you've been doing you owe yourself a well deserved break if you want it  ;)

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #587 on: January 17, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »

:D love you, Beli!!

Offline lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #588 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:22 PM »

:D love you, Beli!!

I agree with Bels  (jab is super cool).  And I also agree with jab (love you, Bels!).

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
posted cover versions of a cranberries song and of 'black velvet' (that song from the late 80's about elvis). 
cuz i'm bored, i guess... :D

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #590 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
To the writers here- do you ever feel lost if you're not working on something or if you don't have any new ideas? I considered not writing anymore because I didn't have any inspiration... but then my sister said that you don't have to always be writing, you get inspired and then write and if you don't have any more ideas after that, you don't write. I took some time off from writing in December and it felt good, but now I really want to write and have no ideas... I guess it's like, what do you do now if you've done everything already? Or maybe I have to write to survive...

Prompts in our creative writing club at school are good, though. That's all I've been writing for recently. But I still feel somewhat lost.

I'm going through a period of writer's block too. I keep having have doubts and thinking it's a waste of time because there's so much work involved. It's a shame because I've written about 12000 words and thought I would be hitting my stride but my inspiration's dried up a little. It's not like I don't have any ideas how to progress the story either, I just feel like the quality of my writing is gradually getting worse which is putting me off. I think the best thing is probably to power through and keep writing, even if you don't think it's your best work. At least have something written down to go back to and refine.

I feel your pain though, it's tough going!

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #591 on: March 29, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
*bump*  :)

so, last year i posted an answer to the QOM about bono's birthday (about writing him a song, etc... go here for details: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  mine's the 7th reply, i think...

anyhoo... it's nearly his birthday again... and i have the song... and am toying with actually going through with the plan from the link above... but how do i go about that, i wonder?  and would i really have the guts...?

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #592 on: March 30, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
Go for it. I'm toying with sending him an invite to my wedding with a note that my first dance is AIWIY but that my hired band won't do it justice. :)

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #593 on: March 30, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
I'll send mine if you send yours? ;)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #594 on: March 30, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »
Do you have Bono's address? Sure I'll do it!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #595 on: March 30, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
Do you have Bono's address? Sure I'll do it!

Just write: Bono's House, Ireland, on the letter.

I'm sure it'll get there.  Eventually.

Offline kathryn

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #596 on: March 30, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
You may want to narrow that down to Killiney in Dublin. Better chance of it arriving.  ;)

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #597 on: March 30, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
I was just asking that question in jabs thread, about what to write for
Bono's address...he's been known to just show up at functions MarsGirl,
watch out what you wish for!!! :D :D

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #598 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
I was just going to go with the principle management address (the one they get fan mail at), with the full understanding that any package I sent there wouldn't even be opened until his birthday has passed, and that nothing will ever come from it... But still, that's the only address I know of ...

(although, I'm also tempted to try TD's idea... just to show that it would probably work... eventually... :D )

and, ocean - i would hope we'd all get to see a pic of MG's face if that happened!   8)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #599 on: March 31, 2013, 05:08:51 AM »
Why can't you use both addresses? More eggs in  your basket. Or of course you could always send it to his attention at Lilly's Bordello. . . I think that is the likeliest place to reach him.