Author Topic: Does Adam still own Michael Hutchence Villa?  (Read 3986 times)

Offline thisprayer

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Does Adam still own Michael Hutchence Villa?
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:57:26 PM »
The following question and answer were posted on the Web site set up by Michael Hutchence's mother and sister (michaelhutchenceinfo.com) and includes an online copy of the "Just A Man: The Real Michael Hutchence" book. I had not seen it before and was wondering what Adam had done with the villa/items and if he was aware how the family felt about its sale.
For those unfamiliar with the Web site, Michael's mother and sister attempted to bring litigation against Michael's executors/financial managers who they allege stole, and continue to steal, all of his assets and royalties. In regards to the villa, which they visited numerous times and which his sister had a wedding at, according to their account, Bono visited the villa shortly after Michael's death to plant a tree in his memory and scatter rose petals in the garden. Yet, the financial managers made it highly difficult for them to visit the villa and upon their arrival they found all of Michael's personal effects either gone or burned.

Again below is a question/answer posted under the "Frequently Asked Questions" on the Web site:

What happened to Michael's villa?

The French villa along with all of its' furniture, personal photographs, writings and books, even some of my mothers' personal effects, and the Aston Martin was sold to Adam Clayton of U2. The family was never asked if we wanted anything and never told about the sale.

Offline happyme

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Wow sexy & friends rocked sydney 13&14 2010
Re: Does Adam still own Michael Hutchence Villa?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:13:15 AM »
I had heard that Adam owned the villa, & I think that it's lovely that he does, cause at least in my opioid friend brought it & not some money grubbing hack that would of opened it as some tribute thing to Michael so thay could make money. Now that said I loved Michael & the old Inxs, & no disrespect but both his mother & stepsister were some of the money hungry types that seamed, to surface every now & then. You need to take what they said with a pinch of salt cause out here, thay popes up in the magazines (Wich they were getting paid for) & made some very obserd comments & claims about his money, thay did seam to be odd people (his mother passed away a year or so ago), his sister has been quite of late. I know this won't be every bodys take or opion on this matter,but it's what I think. Also I think Michael would probally think it was cool that Adam owned his house.

Offline thisprayer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
I agree with you about Adam owning the villa as opposed to someone less scrupulous and it seems "cool" given the band's friendship with Michael (there seems to be quite an entwining of Michael and U2, Ireland's Bob Geldof is raising Michael's daughter and is Bono's friend, Michael and Johnny Depp were friends as now are Bono and Johnny Depp, etc., etc.) .
However I wonder why Adam would have an interest in items of a personal nature (which the sister and mother state still exist at the villa) Is he not aware? Does he think the claim is false? Or does he just not care? It seems an odd set of affairs. Even that Adam bought it in the first place -- surely he was aware then of some of the controversy surrounding Michael's assets.
Having read Michael's mother and sister's bio of his life, they, of course, don't appear greedy,and go to length to state that their goal was to see that Tigerlily would have her rightful inheritance. They seem most upset over the fact that Michael's financial managers took over funeral arrangements and said that Michael had willed that he be cremated. After his cremation, the family obtained the will and discovered he never made any such statement. This seems to be the initial motivation for their unofficial investigation into his financial managers and then eventually what happened to his $40 million in assets.
I love U2's music, but I wonder at times what really goes on behind the public face.

Offline happyme

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Wow sexy & friends rocked sydney 13&14 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:15:07 PM »
I'm sorry that my response didnt give you the answers you seam to want. But as I said every thing these 2 women ever said had to be taken with a grain of salt, most people out here never believed half of what she said cause thay were both so over dramatic about it all. As for Adam to me he seam like he wouldent Hirt a fly let alone keep belonings from people that what them, I think in this matter he would be a perfect gentalman about it all & that is probally why he has never been dragged in to all that mess. If you read the rest of the book it shows how spite full as people the mother/stepsister can been by the way thay speak about his father & brother.  Over the years thay have changed there opion may times on what sort of person Bob is as well but tiger seams to be growing up well so he carnt be that bad. Thay even get in a dig at Bono & Ali about the flowers at the funeral cause thay sat on the other side of the church (thay say the wrong side for them) that thay couldn't see around them they were to big. Now I watched the service on tv I will agree thay were a large display but they were also beautiful & set with love in mind. I'm sorry if this dosent help either but having read all the books about the matter & seeing it played out on our tv's & in papers & magazines over the years you do tend to see these women for who thay are very spitefull.

Offline thisprayer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
I stand corrected perhaps, had not heard the other perception of Michael's mother and sisters. Forgive my doubts re: Adam. I am somewhat aware of how easy it is for celebrities and other public figures to manipulate the public opinion, so as to appear better than they are. I like to think U2, and others like them, who appear to conduct themselves with integrity, are in fact the "gentlemanly" kind, whether in public or not.

Offline msmcload

• Babyface
  • "nothing takes the past away like the future"
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I stand corrected perhaps, had not heard the other perception of Michael's mother and sisters. Forgive my doubts re: Adam. I am somewhat aware of how easy it is for celebrities and other public figures to manipulate the public opinion, so as to appear better than they are. I like to think U2, and others like them, who appear to conduct themselves with integrity, are in fact the "gentlemanly" kind, whether in public or not.

Sorry for being late to this thread - is this in regard to the house in Grasse? I would be surprised if Adam kept the furnishings and assets which came along with the property and I would be quite sure, given his reputation, that some arrangements would have been made to remove belongings (and perhaps items were returned to Michael's father? As I recall, Michael and his father were quite close) and return them to the estate...

MsMc